Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Anyone know when they will release the official start time for Game 5?

Real Sports takes reservations as soon as the time of the game is released... so they said that if you call right after the time of the game is announced, you can reserve a spot.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Its the fact is a"gritty", and physcial player who works hard. People keep equating that to playoff success.
Phil Kessel is a true playoff beast. A guy probably the least physical anywhere.
Yeah. My own impressions is pretty much the opposite. Players that find success by a tremendous work rate tend to lose that advantage in the playoffs as everybody else ups their work rate. So the gap in work rate narrows, but the skill gap is the same.

The guys that can make a solid case as playoff performers tend to be guys that don't go all out in regular season (Kessel) and guys who can continue to maintain their vision and decision making even in the higher pace (Crosby).

Reactions: MattySnipes

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Hoping we see some up tempo gameplay from the Leafs on Thursday, felt like they've needed to ramp it up for a bit.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Lmao I hope these are not just words, he hasn't been able to shutdown the bruins this season. Boasting big is not that fancy when there will be demand for performance.

Time to walk the walk for most of the players on the team. Everybody needs to raise the level of their game if they want to beat this Bruins team.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Must be nice living in the ignorant bubble, where in such a dynamic, fast moving game, the only thing that matters is scoring.

There's really no hope for some.
He sucks at pretty much everything besides pking and being heavy. He's so bad at everything else it's not even worth playing him

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Can we all at least be happy that Komo is on the 4th line, rather than with kadri and Marleau. Dam that line sucked

Don't be so happy yet. Moore was practicing on the 2nd PP, likely as a placeholder for Komarov.

I'm hoping we see a stacked PP unit at some point during this series. Could be Babcock's ace up his sleeve.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Komarov on the PP is what it is. Luckily that PP is mostly about Matthews and Nylander with Gardiner playing a key role in keeping the puck in the zone. Komarov can just hang out in the slot and take it easy.

Hopefully they keep working on things and are ready for puck drop on Game 1. Key will be going after Boston right from the start of this series.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Can we all at least be happy that Komo is on the 4th line, rather than with kadri and Marleau. Dam that line sucked
While I'm a big fan of the new 2nd line with Marner, I wish people would remember that the Naz/Leo duo was lights out last year, as well as during the beginning of this season (before Kadri's slump). Yes, it's good that we're not going back, as the current iteration is an upgrade and a consistent threat, but it's not like the previous line was shitty - They went through a rough patch, that unfortunately lasted 1/4 of a season, but they were also quite good at shutting down other teams' top players, and it allowed the Marner/JVR/Bozak line to provide sheltered scoring.

Not nearly as good as what we have now, but they weren't nearly as bad as they were made out to be around here, either. There were nights where they were our most dangerous line offensively, generating more chances than anyone else on the ice, but simply couldn't convert. It was frustrating, but if you were watching the games, it was easy to see that Kadri was simply snake-bitten.

Reactions: tom leafers

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Komarov on the PP is what it is. Luckily that PP is mostly about Matthews and Nylander with Gardiner playing a key role in keeping the puck in the zone. Komarov can just hang out in the slot and take it easy.

Hopefully they keep working on things and are ready for puck drop on Game 1. Key will be going after Boston right from the start of this series.

LOL. I can just picture Babcock giving out instructions on the bench.

"OK Auston and Willie, you guys do your thing, Jake you keep the puck in the zone and Leo, you just hang out in the slot and take it easy". :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: MattySnipes

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins first practice lines, which clears everything up for what they're going to do:

- Rick Nash and Kuraly are back.

- Not sure why Acciari's out. He would slide into Wingels spot on the 4th line.

- Gionta at C makes no sense, which tells me Riley Nash will likely be good to go for the first game. Otherwise Backes or even Donato would be taking reps at C.

- Donato not on a line despite two absences tells you all you need to know. He'll be the healthy scratch game 1, unless Riley Nash isn't back.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick Nash
Heinen-Riley Nash-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari
Donato

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Miller
Grzelcyk-McQuaid
Holden

Rask
Khudobin

Reactions: Liminality

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
While I'm a big fan of the new 2nd line with Marner, I wish people would remember that the Naz/Leo duo was lights out last year, as well as during the beginning of this season (before Kadri's slump). Yes, it's good that we're not going back, as the current iteration is an upgrade and a consistent threat, but it's not like the previous line was ****ty - They went through a rough patch, that unfortunately lasted 1/4 of a season, but they were also quite good at shutting down other teams' top players, and it allowed the Marner/JVR/Bozak line to provide sheltered scoring.

Not nearly as good as what we have now, but they weren't nearly as bad as they were made out to be around here, either. There were nights where they were our most dangerous line offensively, generating more chances than anyone else on the ice, but simply couldn't convert. It was frustrating, but if you were watching the games, it was easy to see that Kadri was simply snake-bitten.

That was a long time ago though and they won't be reunited so the question is - what can Leo bring to the 4th line and can he elevate his game now for the playoffs? I'm haven't written him off and really hope he plays his best hockey of the season starting Thursday. I also hope Babcock won't hesitate to replace him if it doesn't happen.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Bruins first practice lines, which clears everything up for what they're going to do:
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick Nash
Heinen-Riley Nash-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari
Donato

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Miller
Grzelcyk-McQuaid
Holden

Rask
Khudobin

I actually like that 3rd line for the Bruins. Think it'll be a more interesting matchup for JVR and Bozak finding scoring chances, they can't just rely on the powerplay in this series.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
That was a long time ago though and they won't be reunited so the question is - what can Leo bring to the 4th line and can he elevate his game now for the playoffs? I'm haven't written him off and really hope he plays his best hockey of the season starting Thursday. I also hope Babcock won't hesitate to replace him if it doesn't happen.
Agreed. I loved what Johnsson brought to that line, he and Kap were hemming the opposition in their own zone on a regular basis. If the 4th line isn't up to snuff early on in the season, I hope we'll see Johnsson draw back in.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I actually like that 3rd line for the Bruins. Think it'll be a more interesting matchup for JVR and Bozak finding scoring chances, they can't just rely on the powerplay in this series.
It's been their go-to 3rd line for most of the year. Injuries broke it up and made all of them play up and down the line-up but it's good to have them back together. If the last game in Boston is any indication, Boston wants them out against the Kadri line, not the Bozak line.

In Boston:

Hard match

Bergeron vs. Matthews
Riley Nash vs. Kadri

Loose match

Krejci vs. Bozak
Kuraly vs. Plekanec

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Anyone know when they will release the official start time for Game 5?

Real Sports takes reservations as soon as the time of the game is released... so they said that if you call right after the time of the game is announced, you can reserve a spot.

Very funny. There won’t be a game 5...Leafs are winning in 4.

Reactions: PuckMagi

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
It's been their go-to 3rd line for most of the year. Injuries broke it up and made all of them play up and down the line-up but it's good to have them back together. If the last game in Boston is any indication, Boston wants them out against the Kadri line, not the Bozak line.

In Boston:

Hard match

Bergeron vs. Matthews
Riley Nash vs. Kadri

Loose match

Krejci vs. Bozak
Kuraly vs. Plekanec
Yeah that makes more sense. I think it'll be interesting to see how Babcock decides to matchup his lines at the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad