GDT: ECF: Game 4 - New York Rangers @ Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
some of our fans going to the main forums to antagonize
That is going to happen regardless of the health of the Main boards or any board, however it does feel that on the Mains, that is the only thing you can do. Civil, objective discourse is a fools errand there for NYR fans. Could only imagine would it would be like for Leafs fans if they made it this far.

But sounds like you guys are trying to work on that, so cool and good luck!

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
If we really want to lean into this ‘94 stuff then expect the Rangers to drop the next two, someone have a magical Game 6 then Wennberg OT winner Game 7.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That is going to happen regardless of the health of the Main boards or any board, however it does feel that on the Mains, that is the only thing you can do. Civil, objective discourse is a fools errand there for NYR fans. Could only imagine would it would be like for Leafs fans if they made it this far.

But sounds like you guys are trying to work on that, so cool and good luck!
One of the problems we have to accept, just like with the Leafs, is that people are going to participate who hate the Rangers. They're going to participate because they hate the Rangers. There's no way to moderate that. You're not required to like anybody on the main forums.

When it comes to rules, warnings, and blatant mistreatment, that's another issue. We encourage our posters to gather the evidence and send it to the appropriate parties. We will have your back on that.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lorentz fought Trouba after he blasted Domi 2 years ago in the playoffs for Carolina. It didnt go well for Steven at the time.

Yeah I don't think they'd be looking for the toughness factor here if these moves are true.

Lortenz has wheels and they probably want a bit more speed to try to find a way to exploit that as neither team is particularly fast. That or those 4th line rats are too hurt to go (which seems more likely if this happens.)

In a series that has been nasty and has the potential to pop off at any second, I don't see how removing 2 bullets from your chamber for a guy who is willing but can't do anything (Lorentz) and a guy who really shouldn't be doing anything (Okposo) is a smart move.

Reactions: McRanger92

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
According to the internet, and if it is on the internet it must be true, there is no way Florida is losing 2 in a row at home. SOOO, since the Rangers just called up 13 players from Hahtfahd, why not play them and let the regulars get extra rest for thursday. If they are going to lose anyway, why not?
Good idea. Just play Rempe, Edstrom, Brodz & Jones. Rest some guys and move on to Game 5. Surely I jest, as you did.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
why the hell are they scratching Lomberg? he's one of their best players in this series.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
The Rangers get themselves in hot water against Florida when they get lackadaisical with clearing the puck. Florida is great at keeping pucks in and it killed the Rangers in the regular season series and it hasn't changed in this series. Rangers have to start executing crispier clears.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yeah I don't think they'd be looking for the toughness factor here if these moves are true.

Lortenz has wheels and they probably want a bit more speed to try to find a way to exploit that as neither team is particularly fast. That or those 4th line rats are too hurt to go (which seems more likely if this happens.)

In a series that has been nasty and has the potential to pop off at any second, I don't see how removing 2 bullets from your chamber for a guy who is willing but can't do anything (Lorentz) and a guy who really shouldn't be doing anything (Okposo) is a smart move.

Okposo will be waterskiing all night if he's in. Lets see if the refs actually call it. The NHL also expects fireworks. The refs tonight are known for handing out game misconduct penalties apparently.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
If we really want to lean into this ‘94 stuff then expect the Rangers to drop the next two, someone have a magical Game 6 then Wennberg OT winner Game 7.

It’s time to forge our own path, Vancouver’s out so we can’t have a repeat of the 94 finals so at this point let’s just win.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
View attachment 876599

I feel like I'm usually making these types of posts about Trouba....
Good stuff (by you) the 1st couple pics happen so fast, we might not detect (on TV) what is the best play. But that LAST reach in, is what drives me crazy about KAM. Along the boards is fine, he makes lots of poke checks using his reach, but around the net (to me) it's inexcusable. Reaching with stick causes tripping penalties sometimes. All he really has to do is cut him off at the path to the net. USE HIS BODY to get in the way, and that backhand never happens.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
why the hell are they scratching Lomberg? he's one of their best players in this series.
I thought he was a non factor last game tbh
he had a few moments but his impact is being hyped up

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
no travel today so no extra day is fine.

not a fan of how they handled last game though, travel and earlier start and no extra day. that was bullshit.

it’s going to be 1 day of rest for the rest of the series
Inexcusable by the NHL schedule makers. Our series prob isn't any different than others. Thing is this is the most IMPORTANT time of the year with everything on the line, and these players (albeit super conditioned) have to be exhausted.
Slipping in a day here and there would do wonders, where the PRODUCT on the ice would be better than it is. Not even anytime for a light skate or practice. Yet, we've had 5-7 days off for at least 3 times I could rermember during the season. Unbelievable.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Good stuff (by you) the 1st couple pics happen so fast, we might not detect (on TV) what is the best play. But that LAST reach in, is what drives me crazy about KAM. Along the boards is fine, he makes lots of poke checks using his reach, but around the net (to me) it's inexcusable. Reaching with stick causes tripping penalties sometimes. All he really has to do is cut him off at the path to the net. USE HIS BODY to get in the way, and that backhand never happens.
his reach is a huge asset and he often uses it very effectively but yeah in cases like that you can't be reaching at that point.

Sisu4ever

Jan 6, 2020
I can't even see today's GDT on the Mains Stanley Cup sub, I assume bcs the the Panthers OP probably is on my ignore list.
I wish the rule would be that only GDT's made by at least moderators would be used there.
Oh well, at least I can follow our GDT here!

Reactions: CLW and SA16

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Just saw the video of the Trouba penalty on Tkachuk from the other day and the dive was so obvious. Catching air after getting chopped in the hands lol

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was 19 when I joined this site. Being in my 30's has giving me a new appreciation for what these guys do.

I'm exhausted. Chris Kreider is older than me and he's going out and playing the games.

To be fair, this has been our most exhausting run for me, even though it's been comparatively the easiest.

I think it's because this is the deepest we've been in my adult life where I actually believe it could happen.

2014 and 2022, I was absolutely just happy to be there. The 2014 team was fire in retrospect but while it was happening, they were a game 1 away seed three times. Nobody really expected it. In 2022, I was thrilled to lose in round 3 to a team that was just better than us. It didn't stress me out at all.

It was kind of there in 2015, but I looked at the Chicago matchup and I was really like "eh, I don't know." The PIttsburgh series was mid. The Caps series was razor thin. It never felt dominant.

The poor 2012 team -- they had a fun run at the time but I don't really give them the time of day compared to the teams that came after to be honest. The 2024 Rangers would blow them the f*** off the face of the Earth.

This is the first time where I'm like, "you know, they could" and I don't feel like I'm lying to myself. It's cool, but it weighs a lot.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Lomberg has 7 points in 80 games and has not been on the ice for a single goal scored in the playoffs. We complain about Kakko doing the little things and not putting up results yet it's crazy for them to take out Lomberg whose put up even worse results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad