GDT: ECF: Game 4 - New York Rangers @ Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Time to put a stranglehold on the series. Panarin, Mika, Kreider. It's time to do something. I hope Rempe or Trouba smashes someone into smithereens this game, just so the apparently defenseless Panthers have something real to cry about.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Wonder how tonight's game will go ... they are likely exhausted. Last game was exhilarating & strange. FLA had the puck most of the time but when they didn't they allowed good chances for our guys. I guess the key is bury your chances on offense & on defense don't let them walk out in front unmarked.

Reactions: FUZfan

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I'm going to miss at least the start of the game tonight. My kid has her fifth grade recognition ceremony tonight. It was supposed to be last Tuesday but got PPD due to a severe storm that blew through the area knocking power out for nearly a week.

I think Brodzinski draws back in. Rempe is out.

And dammit would one of Panarin, Mika, and Kreider score tonight? Especially the first two guys.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
PP going completely dry, 0-8.

How about we put one of the hottest players on the ice....Laf, on that top unit? Or would that make too much sense?

Take your pick who can take a seat from the no shows this series, maybe it will wake them up? Mika? Panarin? Kreider?

I'd take off Panarin truthfully.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Key to winning
1. Rempe in lineup
2. Laffy scores
3. Win special teams battle

98% chance of winning

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Wonder if 96-91-24 will be a thing this game. Not sure Chytil worked with 20-93. Zibs seems wrung out. Hopefully they got rest. Will Bread shoot the puck when the opportunity is there? He seems caught up in his head.

Key to winning
1. Rempe in lineup
2. Laffy scores
3. Win special teams battle

98% chance of winning
It's just math.

Reactions: duhmetreE

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
PP going completely dry, 0-8.

How about we put one of the hottest players on the ice....Laf, on that top unit? Or would that make too much sense?

Take your pick who can take a seat from the no shows this series, maybe it will wake them up? Mika? Panarin? Kreider?
Put Laf in Mika's spot..also consider moving Filip..Rempe needs to flatten Matthew

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We need to match the intensity.

Win the puck battles. Attack the puck.

Get the puck out quickly with proper support.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Interesting note from the NY Post paywall newsletter:

How to evaluate a scoreless draw

Zibanejad made a fair point in response to questions about his line’s struggles on offense, noting he, Kreider and Filip Chytil have played Aleksander Barkov’s line to a 0-0 draw during their shared minutes in the series.

The Panthers have generated the majority of chances in those crucial minutes: The Rangers account for just 35.71 percent of expected goals over 23:06 when Zibanejad and Barkov have shared the ice at five-on-five.

But there’s something to be said for the fact that the scoresheet itself has been even, though the Rangers of course want better than that.

“It’s a fine balance,” Zibanejad said. “Beause it’s good to be responsible defensively. When you don’t score, it’s not a good thing offensively. You’re playing against a guy that can do both and a line can do both. So I think at the end of the day, as long as you get the wins, it’s obviously on an individual standpoint, you want to do whatever you can to play your best game, to contribute. But some games, at times, you just have to be able to value and more see what the scenarios in the game or the shifts within the game, how they are.

“We know their line, and obviously Barkov won the Selke [Trophy], too. So that part of his game obviously makes it harder for us, but at the same time, he’s been scoring at a pretty high rate, too. For us, we’re not trying to go out there and play 0-0, but at the same time, if we don’t get the offense that we want and expect, then we have to make sure that we have a defensive responsibility to be accountable to as well.

“Because of that, the suggestion [that] we just try to go more on the offensive track and shoot for offense, I don’t know if that’s gonna be the best for us.”

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Im hoping they learn from the past and really give their all today to make this a 3-1 series.

Huge opportunity to take it back to the Garden with a chance to close it out. HUGE.

LGR!!!

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Bilbo---Why-shouldnt-I-keep-it-meme-48sl64.jpg

After all, why not?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Previous four conference final appearances in the post-lockout era. Remarkable how many times we went to 7 games in the first 2 rounds.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Yeah we're gonna need a goal from Kreider, Panarin, or Mika here...we are fortunate to be up 2-1 without those three on the scoresheet

But its time, come on boys....

Foxy

Oct 5, 2020
Hoping the refs make some calls, our PP starts clicking again and we blow the doors off them. Most likely though were in for a 2-1 slug fest. Either way just win. Lets go back to MSG with a chance to end it!

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad