GDT: ECF: Game 4 - New York Rangers @ Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
this is going to be the toughest game of the series this far, no doubt in my mind. panthers are at home down 2-1. they’re going to attack biblically. igor’s been great for the most part and many of the goals have been incredibly unlucky. you have to pray you can hold the dam and that our top 6 outside of trochek and laf wakes up, because they’ve been trash.

I honestly would sit rempe and play jones as a 7th D. Lord knows we need better puck movers, and rempe’s playing like 5 minutes anyway.

we’re gonna need igor to play like a monster possessed. we can win, but this will be a slog and a half. and we have to figure out how to hold our leads.

hoping for a good one!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Hope the top guns are getting their sleep in because they'll need a ton more energy this game. They came into that one at 80% effort. Can't have that again.

If they start 0-1 on the PP, give me Gus on PP1. It's not a Fox issue, but the 4 forwards aren't changing. I'm lighting a spark under them the next one.

We will need to survive the minutes Trouba gets against Barkov and Lundell's lines. He was actually fine against them the first two games.

They have to be able to get pucks in behind them and retrieve. Once Florida is in there, things get loose.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
1716868466334.jpeg
Made my first meme ever

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
There is no reason not to continue to belive in this team. Keep the foot on their throat and don’t let them off the mat. Be ready for the first 10 because they will throw everything at us. Play hard, smart hockey, stay positionally sound on defense, take the body, and score some goals baby! Always play for the man next to you.

Let’s take a strangle hold on this series and go back to the garden!

All positive vibes here!

Let’s go Rangers!

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I would love a blow out to break their spirit and put doubt into.their minds. It would make everything being said about this series wrong.

Panthers are just too physical the Rangers can't keep up.
Panthers are the best team remaing.
They are mentally stronger because they went to the cup last year.

Blah blah blah...

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Benigno thought the double minor was excessive (but apparently wasn’t aware that it was two separate penalties) and thought rescinding the high stick on Zib was a disgrace.

Be careful who you get your news from.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
It just looks more like destiny, the longer this playoff run goes. To be outplayed most of this series, to have Panarin play like a dirt poor version of Kaapo Kakko, to have Kaapo Kakko play like a post season Panarin, to not scoring a PP goal,.... this most improbable run, seems more and more like destiny awaits.

We haven't played our best, our top skaters have been mostly ineffective, at times we can't complete a simple pass or chip and yet we lead this series 2-1. Hanging in there is an understatement. Florida has given it their absolute best, and yet we still persist to make a game of it with a subpar effort.

If you ask me, this is strong sign of a Stanley Cup contender. A team that does whatever's necessary to get the win. Even if it isn't pretty, they get the job done.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It just looks more like destiny, the longer this playoff run goes. To be outplayed most of this series, to have Panarin play like a dirt poor version of Kaapo Kakko, to have Kaapo Kakko play like a post season Panarin, to not scoring a PP goal,.... this most improbable run, seems more and more like destiny awaits.

We haven't played our best, our top skaters have been mostly ineffective, at times we can't complete a simple pass or chip out and yet we lead this series 2-1. Hanging in there is an understatement. Florida has given it their absolute best, and yet we still persist to make a game of it with a subpar effort.

If you ask me, this is strong sign of a Stanley Cup contender. A team that does whatever's necessary to get the win. Even if it isn't pretty, they get the job done.

They really haven't been outplayed most of this series. The first two games were even as it gets. They didn't play great in those two games but neither did Florida. I don't get this narrative that we were awful in game 1, offensively yes but even then had some golden opportunities that they hit the post and Bobrovsky made the saves.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
They really haven't been outplayed most of this series. The first two games were even as it gets. They didn't play great in those two games but neither did Florida. I don't get this narrative that we were awful in game 1, offensively yes but even then had some golden opportunities that they hit the post and Bobrovsky made the saves.
Even game 3 - yes the Rangers were severely outplayed in the 3rd, but I didn't think the first two periods were that bad - especially considering that Florida got all the calls and we got basically nothing.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
6 more wins to go before I can die in peace.

I heard that line in 1994 and it had been over 20 years already for me then. You win and then you want to win again. What you say sounds good but then when it's been another 30 for me it feels way past due again some teams have won multiple times in between. But anyway even if we win tonight and we still have to win again to knock Florida out so everything is premature now.

The Rangers will need to play better tonight than they did on Sunday and Igor might need to play better too. Florida is not going to want to lose this one. They'll really be behind the 8 ball if they do. I expect their best game in this series is going to be tonight.

We do need Fox, Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad to start putting points up. It would help if the refs start calling penalties against the Panthers and not just us.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
They really haven't been outplayed most of this series. The first two games were even as it gets. They didn't play great in those two games but neither did Florida. I don't get this narrative.....
Florida has played very well. There is no denying that. Their D has been exceedingly strong, making it very difficult for us to get up ice, and have any time in the O-zone. If you can't see that, I don't know what you are thinking. Paul Maurice, doesn't really know what else he can do. He knows his team has played extremely well, but just not getting the results one would expect from such efforts. He thinks eventually they will breakthrough and get the results they deserve. Their battle level has been off the charts. And just the fact, we are still in the game, after 60 minutes speaks volumes. Because we can play a whole lot sharper than we have shown.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
On Rempe----not many minutes and a really raw game but he's also a distraction for them. Florida likes to dictate games with puck pressure and physical play. They're not as use to defending against either or and Matthew raises the physical play component for us a lot. The Panthers went after him at the conclusion of the last game and I'm pretty sure part of that is because he rag dolled Reinhart. His size and willingness to use it makes him a dangerous player. The Panthers want our heads up not the other way around. That and Trouba's elbow and our most physical guys were involved and up to no good for them anyway. I'm looking for Jacob to really plow/rattle someone. Just would rather it be a clean hit than what he did the other night because he's begging to get suspended. If he wallops someone like he did Kadri or Meier last year that would be more like it.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
And to think, we haven't had a PP goal this series.... LOL!

We're being handed the Cup with all those bloody PP goals we are being given, especially in Game 3 :sarcasm:

Also, if Matt Rempe is on the 4th line and is giving us mojo from the stands as well, this man is literally unstoppable. FU Bettman :D

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Remember when I said the hate level wasnt really there for me to go to war on the mains. Oh, its here now :laugh:

I despise them kittyfans as much as the Canes now.

Note to our lovely mods: You dont have to worry about me. I havent had any infractions or bans for several seasons and I not about to start now. I know how to walk the line.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
I get the Rempe sitting for someone fresh argument but the fact that the Cats were trying to goad him into doing something stupid at the conclusion of the last game tells me they would love for him to be out due to a suspension. They know he's going to eventually crush somebody which will have an impact on the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad