Dylan Guenther scores the first goal for the Utah HC!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The franchise has been sniffing at being good for a few years so they certainly could break through this year, but I think some of you are putting a lot of stock in a win over Chicago who I think will not be a very good team this year.

It’s never too early for hot takes!

In all seriousness, you are correct of course - I’m not sure that the franchise is even a playoff team yet, given the competition in the West…but they are gonna be fun and they are going to score a lot of goals this year. Keller-Schmaltz and Cooley-Guenther are both dynamic duos and they’ve got a lot of interesting pieces to fit around them and Sergachev joining Durzi in providing offense from the back end.

Reactions: Derailed75

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
It’s never too early for hot takes!

In all seriousness, you are correct of course - I’m not sure that the franchise is even a playoff team yet, given the competition in the West…but they are gonna be fun and they are going to score a lot of goals this year. Keller-Schmaltz and Cooley-Guenther are both dynamic duos and they’ve got a lot of interesting pieces to fit around them and Sergachev joining Durzi in providing offense from the back end.
They are getting close you are correct, should be a lot of fun to be one of their fans.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Good shot, especially getting it off in that position, but I have no idea how the goalie didn't stop that....it was close to the middle of the net, he wasn't screened.....it simply went right through him

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Lots of good things to celebrate for Utah. :)

First goal, no one wanted to be the one. Shared by whole crew.

When they play Chicago, it's Hawk - uTAH.
When they play Florida, it's flute time. (FLA-UTA)

So much fun :) And the fans are good sports.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Yes, I get that, but does it make sense? How does Hawk uTAH tie in?

... the name of both clubs coincidentally sounds kinda like Hawk Tuah via Hawks and uTAH (Hockey club)?

Don't look for a deep meaning it's just childish stuff. It's just a dumb coincidence where we have hawks/hawk and tuah is an anagram of Utah and uTAH sounds sorta like tuah.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
... the name of both clubs coincidentally sounds kinda like Hawk Tuah via Hawks and uTAH (Hockey club)?

Don't look for a deep meaning it's just childish stuff. It's just a dumb coincidence where we have hawks/hawk and tuah is an anagram of Utah and uTAH sounds sorta like tuah.
I don't think anybody thinks its as funny as you, Bro. Good on you for giving it a go though, Champ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad