Proposal: Dvorak and Lehkonen to the Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wouldn’t see Dvorak as an attempt at an upgrade, I’d see it as a safety net. Upgrade at 3c for this run and if Strome leaves then you have at a minimum, a cost effective 2nd line tweener. Also, MTL is going to be overrun with middle six prospects so including Mysak wouldn’t be much of a problem in my opinion. Montreals biggest obstacle is the 50 contract max

Only 25 contracts in place for next year at this point. I think the Habs can manage their 48 contracts and 2 open spots for the rest of the year. Harris might be one of them but guys like Chiarot and Kulak and other depth pending UFA's will probably be moved.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wtf are you talking about, Dvorak is signed cheap for like 4 years. 4.5 million for a good 3C is a cheap.
What does IR (supposed to be back soon) have to do with a long term contract?

Just your typical trade thread.... Don't like the idea but some fans just can't say no. They have to insult and devalue the player as well.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
What does the majority of HF boards have to do with anything other than a band wagon party? Sorry, but I stick to what I think and I don't try to use "fan crowds" as the truth. Heard the same thing said about Patch when we were trying to trade him a few years ago. Same with Toffoli a few weeks ago. Comments like... "you are insane if you think Toffoli returns a 1st".

Nonsense. Chiarot is not a pylon. Massive exaggeration to prove a weak point cause you feel like you don't need him. Why did you bring Chiarot into this? Seems like you have a problem focusing and turn to trashing all kinds of players in your bandwagon march
Just saying whats more likely? You being right or the other 99%?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just saying whats more likely? You being right or the other 99%?

Most if not all trades we talk about on HF boards never happen. Don't mean the value is crap. Sorry but I'm not influenced by popular bandwagons. If that makes you feel entitled, all the power to you. I've been around on HF boards long enough to avoid that narrative. You have been on HF boards a long time too so I'm surprised you have not learned that it means nothing

That kind of focus is of little value and it's very distractive to the posters who want to talk with respect vs being confrontational.

You don't like the deal. Sure, lets move on. We can continue to talk but only if you have new information and are genuine about it.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Wtf are you talking about, Dvorak is signed cheap for like 4 years. 4.5 million for a good 3C is a cheap.
What does IR (supposed to be back soon) have to do with a long term contract?

The IR has nothing to do with long-term contract. The contract has everything to do with long-term contract. Especially considering the Rangers have next to no cap space for next season, and they can't afford to pay a 3C 4.5 million. 2.25 is a different story. 4.5 mil is a lot unless you're sure this year is a one-off and he'll be back closer to middle-six in the future.

The IR has everything to do with the fact that the Rangers are trading one of their best trade chips, plus a 2nd & Kravtsov, adding cap in the process, and not getting as much immediate help (though to be honest, i only saw the IR thing on capfriendly, and had no idea of what the actual issue/timing on that would be).

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The Rangers don't want Dvorak

He isn't an answer at 3C, especially for his contract price, and definitely is not an upgrade over Strome

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Dvorak can go to any team but Lehkonen should stay. We are not getting equal value for Lehkonen. If Lehkonen does not want to sign with the Habs then we can trade him at the TDL next year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Awful for habs Kratsov is probably the most overrated name in the trade proposal this season

How do we get the truth? Rangers say it's horrible but Habs say it's horrible?

giphy.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Because 2 of those players nhl proven while the other 2 are not and Kratsov is 22 and don't want to be in the ahl or whatever , seems awful if it doesnt work out as a player for him

I see your point but I also see the Rangers side of things. Trade probably falls through in the end. Another one bites the dust. Time for another idea :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nah. Id trade a 2nd for Lehkonen. Thats about it.

Not viable from the Habs’ POV.

What will be accomplished with that 2nd? They’d be able to draft a guy who has a similar profile as Lehkonen and who may or may not develop. Might as well keep the already developed Lehkonen, who is solid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thank you for a brief but respectful reply without trying to trash players in the process.

Respect

How many times does that happen? There was a Rangers fan who posted on the Habs forum last week, who was incredibly respectful. And I too gave him his due.

It’s always a great thing to give the benefit of the doubt. :thumbu:

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How many times does that happen? There was a Rangers fan who posted on the Habs forum last week, who was incredibly respectful. And I too gave him his due.

It’s always a great thing to give the benefit of the doubt. :thumbu:

We need more of it. Way too many posters who are jumping at throwing jabs. Very distractive and a horrible culture. So lets give credit to those who avoid it... maybe it spreads.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No, I don't see it that way. There are still good parts but the overall roster turnover and the idiot Ducharme has derailed things. He was not drowning with the Coyotes. There were a few teams in on him and the Habs had to dig deep to get him after not matching on KK. Overpaid to acquire probably but that don't mean he sucks either.

Like I said, I'm not going to force you to like him but what's your problem? Why can't people say we rather try to get a different type of center? Why turn it into all Habs players are not that good? You know where that leads right?

I don’t think we’ve seen the best of Dvorak. If the way several players have turned it around with coach Marty is any indication, he’ll get Dvorak to do the same. Maybe then you might have a better argument than just reverting to what he had been doing in Arizona.

Dvorak is reportedly not out long term so we should see him back before the trading deadline.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs don’t need to move Lekh, has some reporter said he is an important part of the leadership group, he never takes a night off, he is never injured and is top PK killer. Unless there is an overpay I’m keeping him and sign him to a 3x3M in the offseason.

Have watched every game he’s played since he’s entered the league. That assessment is spot on. Lehkonen is the type of player you keep. You often only realize that after you don’t have that type of player on your team anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maitz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What does the majority of HF boards have to do with anything other than a band wagon party? Sorry, but I stick to what I think and I don't try to use "fan crowds" as the truth. Heard the same thing said about Patch when we were trying to trade him a few years ago. Same with Toffoli a few weeks ago. Comments like... "you are insane if you think Toffoli returns a 1st".

Nonsense. Chiarot is not a pylon. Massive exaggeration to prove a weak point cause you feel like you don't need him. Why did you bring Chiarot into this? Seems like you have a problem focusing and turn to trashing all kinds of players in your bandwagon march

There is already a Chiarot thread where Ranger fans are crystal clear about how much they don’t like the player. Why is he being brought back in this thread? I personally respect their position but there is really no point doing a multi-thread bash tour. Let’s move on from that guy.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Above average 3C and below average 2C... Solid middle 2C. He's got good all around game and is a good 200' center where you can put him with two wingers and have a shutdown line. Can take D zone face-offs and he's good in those areas. Drowning on the Habs this year where he was doing well in the two years prior.

Not going to force you to like him (if you don't) but those are my reports on him. But if you think you can get a better center in a trade or UFA this summer. I can respect that
I too don't really get what's a "middle 2C". A 2.5C? What? :DD

I've liked him since seeing him in Helsinki in the 2016 WJC, he was noticeable in their team in a good way.

So it's a bit concerning he has visibly looked outright disinterested this season; and that's perhaps a bigger concern than the low production you'd expect in a struggling team.

Lehkonen happens to be a very apt comparison piece here: never takes a shift off, always a gung-ho effort, no matter how the game is going. Dvorak is definitely capable but right now he isn't doing much good for his trade value. I mean if he's on the trading block at all.

(That said, we never really know how much and in what way players are aware of the benefits of tanking for the team's near future... Could be some conflicting messages going around in the subconscious mind... Everyone wants their team to become a winner, after all. Human nature and all that, we aren't immune to it.)

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Majority of HF considers Chiarot a pylon but whatever.
That's fine let them. We know the majority of NHL GM's value Chiarot highly and would love that type of D in there D core.

Guy plays 25 minutes a game in the PO's, plays physical, always on against other teams best lines and keeps them honest and low on the score sheet and he's a pylon? Gimme a break ffs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad