Proposal: Dvorak and Lehkonen to the Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trouba +8
Klingberg -16
Ekblad +35
Muzzin -8
Provorov -12
Chiarot -22

Do you think this overweighs everything else? +/- has to be used with a grain of salt. You look at a guy like Provorov and then consider how the team is not performing well.

Sorry man but you showed the -22 stat where someone said that is a garbage stat and they you said what other "fancy" stats can we look at? Well, I spent the time and showed you and you go back to the -22? Very disingenuous. Not trying to give you a hard time but if you want to act that way, I certainly can take you to school a little more

How can you blame good players when other players who are not so good make mistakes and they get a - for it? This is why many posters think +/- is garbage. I don't think it's entirely garbage personally but I repeat, it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Usage/ice time is a major factor

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Confrontational approach buddy had and he got schooled. I can totally get a no answer but posters who say no and then try to trash the player in the same process? Nonsense. He deserved it.

In terms of physical defenseman who get a lot of D zone starts, Chiarot measure up well with a lot of players some posters would feel are much, much, much better. There is good reason why GM's are interested in Chiarot. He's definitly someone you want to play with vs against in the playoffs. That big man can skate and he's very annoying to play against. Very valuable in the playoffs.

Might not be a good fit for the Rangers and I get that part.
Yup you totally schooled me with your cherry picked stats of 5 other defencemen. Did you happen to read @The90 post just below that which proved Chiarot is a complete anchor to every pairing he's been on? I noticed you didnt respond.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yup you totally schooled me with your cherry picked stats of 5 other defencemen. Did you happen to read @The90 post just below that which proved Chiarot is a complete anchor to every pairing he's been on? I noticed you didnt respond.

Nah, not really. I showed you very good context and there are others. I guess the proof is out there now... you are obsessive with that one stat and ignoring everything else. I was hoping for better than that from you but wishful thinking. I even set it up to try to be as fair as possible for you (no bias and showing both good and bad) but your approach is clearly disinengeous

Have a nice day. You have your mind made up and (+/-) is your golden stat. You claim I cherry picked but then you look at +/- and giveaways/60 and ignore everything else in the previous post that had more context. Come on man. o_O

@The90 is on my ignore list. I don't get notifications or can see his post anymore. It's a nice breath of fresh air and if you continue to be disingenuous, you'll join him. It really is your choice in the end

Last edited:

The90

Feb 27, 2017

Nah, not really. I showed you very good context and there are others. I guess the proof is out there now... you are obsessive with that one stat and ignoring everything else. I was hoping for better than that from you but wishful thinking. I even set it up to try to be as fair as possible for you (no bias and showing both good and bad) but your approach is clearly disinengeous

Have a nice day. You have your mind made up and (+/-) is your golden stat. You claim I cherry picked but then you look at +/- and giveaways/60 and ignore everything else in the previous post that had more context. Come on man. o_O

@The90 is on my ignore list. I don't get notifications or can see his post anymore. It's a nice breath of fresh air and if you continue to be disingenuous, you'll join him. It really is your choice in the end
If I were actually ignored, I wouldn’t be able to see her posts no? What a threat though lol. Don’t point out any stats I don’t want to see or I’ll block you.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Lehkonen makes the most sense for drury/rangers.
Hopefully GG will just play the big horse of a man we have already at 3C named Morgan Barron.
A 3rd line of
Goodrow-Barron-Lehkonen would be a terrible pain in the ass to play against in the postseason.
It also gives kakko another Finn in the line up to make him more comfortable.

I still say kravtsov +4th for Lehkonen makes a ton of sense.
Maybe if Drury feels he THE guy for NYR, he ups it to krav+2nd for Lehkonen

if lehky was locked up for 2 more years at 1.5 per like Connor brown, I could see him bringing back a late 1st, but not as a RFA needing a raise.
A similar situation also affected Buchnevich s value for NYR.

Needing a raise or QO absolutely has an impact when taking into account the flat cap...
Lehkonen would be a great add for NY.

- no need for Dvorak
- no need for chariot

at this time.

if MTL says no, I’d shift my sights on similar guys, Copp/Jarnkrok/Brown/Tierney/Boyd/Paul/Donskoi etc

it’s a buyers market this year with most of the playoff teams already set and 1st rd picks from many “ cup contenders” moved already.

Lehkonen would be a great add, but he’s not a guy you severely overpay for.
There are a lot of 25-30 pt bottom 6 guys that will be available from UFA to RFA to signed status.

if MtL isn’t happy with that type of return, I’d look elsewhere If I’m Drury.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd do the trade in the OP. I think it's fair.

NYR biggest need is a consistent 3rd line. This would accomplish that. Cap is sorted by moving Chytil for picks or letting Strome walk.

Lundkvist (and cap relief) is the biggest get for Montreal but NYR are a bit under the gun to move him in all reality. Comes down to if there is anything better out there they can get from him.

disagree
NY better served not moving Nils L

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Your new president of hockey operations doesn’t think so.
He took him 9OA
Bobrov was also pivotal in that decision

Kravtsov had issues since he was drafted. Let’s not pretend that didn’t happen. He’s immature, acts entitled and his character is questionable.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Kravtsov had issues since he was drafted. Let’s not pretend that didn’t happen. He’s immature, acts entitled and his character is questionable.
No argument there. He’s def got the spoiled rich kid mentality.
He thought he’s too good to play in the AHL since he was drafted.
However, he does have size/talent and he did play well when given the chance in the spots he was put in.
He just doesn’t like adversity imo.
If Gorton trades for him, it will be because he has a top 9 spot to play him in the nhl.

there is not one ranger fan who wishes kravtsov didn’t just keep his mouth shut and report to Hartford for a few weeks for his conditioning stint.
He’s absolutely be playing in the rangers top 9 right now.
The problem is when he left again for Russia, the damage is pretty much too great between him and Drury. We’re never going to see him in a ranger jersey again imo.
Doesn’t mean some other team isn’t going to wind up reaping the benefits getting a good player at a reduced rate.
He’s big and talented and has good wheels. Odds are there are more then a few teams looking to give him a shot.
He was drafted that high for a reason. It just sucks that when/if he hits his potential, it will likely be with a different team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
disagree
NY better served not moving Nils L
I don’t think Nils Lundkvist or NYR 1st move by the TDL.
I think they are both gone in the offseason/at Draft as the bones of a package to get a young 2C to replace strome.

aims, Drury has 1-2 adds going into the postseason. Copp/Lehkonen/Jarnkrok. Etc etc guys.
NYR likely moves 2nd rd picks /kravtsov and maybe chytil or Gauthier to obtain them.

there are just too many 3rd liners that will be available for teams to get ridiculous prices for them...

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Isn’t there a middle ground between Chiarot is an absolute pylon and Chiarot is McDonough?

Either way, MTL will get something good for Chiarot if we are using history as a guide. I just hope it’s not to the Rangers.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Do you think this overweighs everything else? +/- has to be used with a grain of salt. You look at a guy like Provorov and then consider how the team is not performing well.

Sorry man but you showed the -22 stat where someone said that is a garbage stat and they you said what other "fancy" stats can we look at? Well, I spent the time and showed you and you go back to the -22? Very disingenuous. Not trying to give you a hard time but if you want to act that way, I certainly can take you to school a little more

How can you blame good players when other players who are not so good make mistakes and they get a - for it? This is why many posters think +/- is garbage. I don't think it's entirely garbage personally but I repeat, it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Usage/ice time is a major factor
Plusminus is a borderline useful stat if you give the actual component figures, not just the daft sum. Two players with +5 look similar, but if you see +147/-142 and +10/-5 over the same time span you instantly get the difference in what you're looking at.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Isn’t there a middle ground between Chiarot is an absolute pylon and Chiarot is McDonough?

Either way, MTL will get something good for Chiarot if we are using history as a guide. I just hope it’s not to the Rangers.

I can promise he's better than Tinordi was?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don’t think Nils Lundkvist or NYR 1st move by the TDL.
I think they are both gone in the offseason/at Draft as the bones of a package to get a young 2C to replace strome.

aims, Drury has 1-2 adds going into the postseason. Copp/Lehkonen/Jarnkrok. Etc etc guys.
NYR likely moves 2nd rd picks /kravtsov and maybe chytil or Gauthier to obtain them.

there are just too many 3rd liners that will be available for teams to get ridiculous prices for them...

possible but I hope you are wrong
I am open to being flexible, but not if downgrading on what we have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad