Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Not sure where you’re getting this stuff from. I’ve said in this forum and the Vezina forum that he’s been great this year and a probably 3rd for me as of now in Vezina. Don’t think that constitutes raging against him.

This thread was started after last nights loss and then fans started chiming in that Gibson was amazing again last night despite the loss. I said that is crazy talk and no goalie can be considered amazing in a game where they had 29 saves and let in 6 goals.

Maybe, just possibly it’s has a little to do with you saying you didn’t watch the game last night, said he led them to 10 straight losses and just seem dismissive to anyone who says he still was amazing.

I’m a homer, but honestly I’m more worried about frying Gibson under our nightly onslaught than defending his play. He’s our best player, and was still one of our best last night imo. Our team and coaching suck, Gibson has been brilliant.....

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not Carlyle's fault. Why did Gibson stop playing like prime Hasek? He needs to get it together.
I feel like he still played like prime hasek last night, the defense/team around him was that bad, at least defensively... offensively we seemed to get some chances last night

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
2014 leafs at this time was in a playoff spot. Then they win like 2 games out of 15

Looks awfully familiar

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
John “Vezina” Gibson leads his team to 10th straight loss!

There is only so much a goaltender can do when the team in front of you gives up high quality chance after high quality chance.

Sure he was a beast at the beginning of the season, but he is breaking down due to the amount of shit he has to face.

Feel bad for Gibson. Was probably in the running for the Vezina, but might not even get nominated if his team continues to slide down the standings.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There is only so much a goaltender can do when the team in front of you gives up high quality chance after high quality chance.

Sure he was a beast at the beginning of the season, but he is breaking down due to the amount of **** he has to face.

Feel bad for Gibson. Was probably in the running for the Vezina, but might not even get nominated if his team continues to slide down the standings.
I don't even think hes breaking down, hes still making ridiculous save after ridiculous save... I feel like the team around him is breaking down even more.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Former Duck Illya Bryzgalov weighs in about the 10th loss in a row:

And those will be the very woods Murray will tell season ticket holders

Reactions: jetsforever

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Were lucky we don't have to, 1 year of tanking will be enough. Ritchie & Kase are under 23, Rakell turns 26 in may, Lindholm & Montour are under 26. Gibson is 25.
We got alot of guys coming up thru the system in Comtois, Terry, Steel, Mahura, Jones & in a few years Lundestrom. We don't have a elite forward coming up, but have quite a few top 6 forwards coming up.

We draft very well outside the top 15 & out of the 1st round: Comtois was a 2nd round pick, Terry a 5th rounder, Rakell was a late 1st pick, Gibson a 2nd rounder, Steel a late 1st in 2016. Manson a 6th rounder, Kase a 7th rounder, Montour a 2nd rounder, Mahura a 3rd rounder. Only Lindholm, Fowler & Ritchie are lottery picks & all of them worked out so far.
Good and accurate post. One minor quibble, would you say that Ritchie has 'worked out'? He's serviceable, but my sense is that Ducks fans are disappointed in his inconsistency and lack of development.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Good and accurate post. One minor quibble, would you say that Ritchie has 'worked out'? He's serviceable, but my sense is that Ducks fans are disappointed in his inconsistency and lack of development.
Huge step forward for him this year, he's become a front net presence that we've lacked since Perry went soft in that area. Before the start of the season he supposely got into the best shape in his life but the contract thing still lingered until he finally signed. Our best line is Ritchie/Henrique/Kase.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Huge step forward for him this year, he's become a front net presence that we've lacked since Perry went soft in that area. Before the start of the season he supposely got into the best shape in his life but the contract thing still lingered until he finally signed. Our best line is Ritchie/Henrique/Kase.
Ah, interesting. Thanks for the response.

This is an aside and you may not care, but when the Canucks had 6th pick in 2014 the rumours suggested that they would select Virtanen, Ritchie, Nylander, or Ehlers.

Personally, I wanted Ehlers followed by Nylander. But I wanted Virtanen more than Ritchie, I thought he would be a bust. However, I remember watching his rookie season and seeing he had soft hands and could protect the puck really well. Like a better, younger Patrick Maroon. I'm glad to see that he's fulfilling the promise that I thought I saw in his first year or two.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I'll back this up and I think I was Ritchies biggest hater last year. He has been awesome for us. So much quicker, more confident, looking to make plays, effective in front of the net, etc. I'd say he is our 4th best forward behind Getzlaf, kase and Rakell. Last year I didnt even want him on the 4th line.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ah, interesting. Thanks for the response.

This is an aside and you may not care, but when the Canucks had 6th pick in 2014 the rumours suggested that they would select Virtanen, Ritchie, Nylander, or Ehlers.

Personally, I wanted Ehlers followed by Nylander. But I wanted Virtanen more than Ritchie, I thought he would be a bust. However, I remember watching his rookie season and seeing he had soft hands and could protect the puck really well. Like a better, younger Patrick Maroon. I'm glad to see that he's fulfilling the promise that I thought I saw in his first year or two.
I didn't like the pick of Ritchie when we picked him, i thought he was drafted to be a long term replacement for Bobby Ryan cause of similar size + questionable skating. I wanted a faster/skilled player who doesn't live in the penalty box. I was afraid he would bust.

Elias Petterssen was without a doubt the best pick in 2017, we can't find guys like him not just cause we haven't drafted that high in a while but we only seem to find non-elite top 6 forwards, we seem to go for finding quanity of decent players vs high reward/high ceiling like Tampa does in getting Kucherov & Point, its amazing how Tampa got both those guys without using a 1st.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

YWGF18

Oct 24, 2011
Winnipeg
Actually the Ducks are in the toughest division in hockey right now.

Flames are 2nd in League Standings with 62 pts followed by SJ 61 pts and Vegas 60 pts.

I'm not sure that is how this works. Each of those three teams has only played eachother twice, and all went 1-1-0 so the effect on their standings are negligible.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Ducks in OT are so bad, Getzlaf with the puck in the o-zone doing some useless dangling and every time they lose it there's a good chance it's going in your own net since they're so slow to come back

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
This is just silly. I feel like after the 4th or 5th loss in a row I've been saying to myself "they wont lose (insert number) in a row. Theres a win coming tonight". It doesnt feel real that next game that number could be 12. Like I said, this is just silly. Even more silly? Management doesnt seem interested in making changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad