Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Is Anaheim getting brutally and I mean brutally outshot basically every game with Carlyle? because that was a trademark of his coaching abilities during his Toronto tenure.

Shots tonight. Minnesota 37 - Ducks 23... and the Ducks won this one, 3-0. On average they take 27.8 shots per game, and give up 34.4 That's pretty poor...

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Shots tonight. Minnesota 37 - Ducks 23... and the Ducks won this one, 3-0. On average they take 27.8 shots per game, and give up 34.4 That's pretty poor...

I don't think being out shot or attempted is all that abnormal for them the last few years. 2016-2018 they are a net -254 attempts
Though they still managed to have solid seasons those two years perhaps a small indicator it wasn't going to last.
The western wild card race is so flipping dumb though that they are still in it if they somehow shape up a bit :laugh:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Is Anaheim getting brutally and I mean brutally outshot basically every game with Carlyle? because that was a trademark of his coaching abilities during his Toronto tenure.
Yep. When we had Carlyle the first time his last two seasons here the Ducks were being heavily outshot + relying on Hiller to stop every shot & now that he's back they've gone back to being outshot & Relying on Gibson to stop every shot in order to win.

As soon as Hiller started to suck in 2011-12 season the Ducks sucked & Carlyle was fired. Gibson is much more Elite tier goalie & not even he can keep this years Ducks above water.
I know this an exaggeration but Hiller may have Sports PTSD from stopping 50 shots a game for the Ducks between 2010-11 + 2011-12 seasons.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
have a strange feeling the ducks are gonna go on a win streak now....

I know sometimes losing streaks are immediately followed by win streaks and vice versa, but this Ducks team is absolutely not going to do that. We play the Devils next. They hung five on us last time out and the only reason we beat them is because they also scored three on themselves.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I would doubt it also, but don't be too sure. We were on a roll before this losing streak started, remember?

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I would love a win streak. A lot of Ducks fans on this board hoping we lose which I think is pathetic. Make playoffs should always be a goal no matter what. Then you never know what can happen and nothing better then watching your team in the playoffs.

Reactions: snowave

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would love a win streak. A lot of Ducks fans on this board hoping we lose which I think is pathetic. Make playoffs should always be a goal no matter what. Then you never know what can happen and nothing better then watching your team in the playoffs.

Welcome to the world of being a Rangers fan lol. No just kidding. Ducks are still contending they need tweaks not a rebuild. They should not be losing now for a top pick.

I agree with the get into the playoff and anything can happen notion, especially in this game and league.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018

Gibson is having a season that'll get him serious Vezina consideration but that will go out the window if we miss the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad