Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
Horrible move from GM

Bergevin did this with Therrien a few years ago and it was an atrocious mistake.

I'm not saying he has to fire the coach right now - but do not commit to not fire the coach in the midst of an 11 game losing streak. What if they lose 3 more? or 5? or 10? He'll just look stupid.

he just hitched his wagon to carlyle and threw his players under it. This blind commitment could be his downfall. if they continue the downward spiral, he'll start rethinking that comment. i also don't think this callout, will inspire getzlaf and company,it probably pissed themoff even more with the situation they're in as players, stuck with a mediocre roster and a crap system coached by a stubborn ass-hole. getzlaf is probably the most motivated he's ever been to suck.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
he just hitched his wagon to carlyle and threw his players under it. This blind commitment could be his downfall. if they continue the downward spiral, he'll start rethinking that comment. i also don't think this callout, will inspire getzlaf and company,it probably pissed themoff even more with the situation they're in as players, stuck with a mediocre roster and a crap system coached by a stubborn ass-hole. getzlaf is probably the most motivated he's ever been to suck.

In other words - this is just like Montreal 3 years ago lol.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Impaired as in he sucks now?
He has had major hip surgery.

Why do people think you can't get seriously hurt playing sports?

People do it doing much less.

He may not be the same player, but he is clearly injured and trying to play through it.

What do you want from the guy?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I swear just 2 weeks ago or something someone posted a thread how the ducks turned things around and that the quacks are here to burn our village down.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I swear just 2 weeks ago or something someone posted a thread how the ducks turned things around and that the quacks are here to burn our village down.
Pretty sure that's when our losing streak started, the game after that post if im not mistaken.

HFboard jinx is real.
But honestly if you watched us on the winning streak, we prob didn't deserve to win more than 1 of those games... Gibson was doing Gibson things

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The fact they can compete at all with their current roster is a miracle IMO. Was it my imagination or was Rowney getting prime minutes yesterday? Yikes!

Ducks Dynasty

May 11, 2015
Time for a major overhaul/retool of the forward corps.

I'd rather the Ducks draft high rather than limp into the playoffs at this point.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

He may not be the same player, but he is clearly injured and trying to play through it.

Clearly he needs more minutes at key time

Ducks Dynasty

May 11, 2015

Kesler was likely brought back too early. Probably should've waited long or even the entire season for more physical rehab.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Well...not quite that though. They are pretty bad on paper as well (in my opinion)

A tier: Getzlaf (1985), Gibson
B tier: Fowler,Lindholm,Montour
B2 tier: Kase,Henrique (1989)
C tier: everyone else not named Kesler (1984)&Perry (1985), who are beyond trash

Top young guns:
Troy Terry(F),Maxime Comtois(F),Isac Lundeström(F),Sam Steel(F),Max Jones(F),Marcus Pettersson(D)

Why does everyone think Perry is beyond trash/not an NHL level player? It's unknown what he is now, but he was still a 50 point player up until last year playing on a bad knee (apparently). Yes he's overpaid, yes he isn't close to what he was before... but he was still an NHL level player, and even a decent/good middle 6 player. Kesler has been bad for the most part (outside of the odd shift or game here or there), but saying Perry was on that level of bad is just hating the player. He was about $3-$3.5 mil overpaid, that's about it.

Reactions: bukwas

Helistin

Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Horrible move from GM

Bergevin did this with Therrien a few years ago and it was an atrocious mistake.

I'm not saying he has to fire the coach right now - but do not commit to not fire the coach in the midst of an 11 game losing streak. What if they lose 3 more? or 5? or 10? He'll just look stupid.

Saying he is not considering coaching change means nothing. Lots of coaches have been fired soon after getting a public vote of confidence from the GM.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It looks like Anaheim is doing the tank properly. I wish that LA would take some pointers before it's too late.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The only reason the Ducks have lost 11 in a row is because they haven't played the Flames at home recently. If there ever was a Duck slumpbuster it's the Flames. Unfortunately the next Ducks home game against the Flames is April 3.
Sorry.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
He is just doing what he's told.
I know.......his misuse last year and so far this season is honestly staggering.

Not only is he not looking like he can play, he’s probably getting run in to the ground again

Reactions: Cellee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad