Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I know.......his misuse last year and so far this season is honestly staggering.

Not only is he not looking like he can play, he’s probably getting run in to the ground again

Kesler is not really a sympathetic figure, and I am not a Duck fan, but this is a guy who has always been in ridiculous shape and taken care of what he can control.

Definitely playing injured and getting older.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The only reason the Ducks have lost 11 in a row is because they haven't played the Flames at home recently. If there ever was a Duck slumpbuster it's the Flames. Unfortunately the next Ducks home game against the Flames is April 3.
Sorry.

At this point, it might be worth losing every game until then, getting a top pick, and hopefully having a franchise/#1 center. I think that's the only thing really missing in the system. The future is solid on defense, wings, and 2-4 centers.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
They're only keeping Carlyle because he looks like a weird duck hatchling. Franchises also tend to draft/acquire players who look like their team's namesake. See: Nathan Horton and Olli Jokinen with the Panthers.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Everywhere Carlyle has gone he’s ran a horrible system that gets his team insanely outshot like no other. His only success came a decade ago when he had two of the best D of all time on his team and great talent surrounding them.

I don’t get how rich, important people in the NHL always prove themselves this dense.
This. The year before we fired Carlyle they were being heavily outshot & relying on Jonas Hiller to stop 50 shots a game & made the playoffs that year in 2010-11. I think Hiller may have PTSD from that season.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
It looks like Anaheim is doing the tank properly. I wish that LA would take some pointers before it's too late.

Somehow even with the 11 game skid Anaheim is still above LA in the standings. Somehow I don't think they need pointers.

BM and his huge ego can't admit he made a mistake in bringing his buddy back to coach and now we are going to lose more players because of it. No one wanted RC back. The owners better step in soon before BM destroys this team forever.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Somehow even with the 11 game skid Anaheim is still above LA in the standings. Somehow I don't think they need pointers.

BM and his huge ego can't admit he made a mistake in bringing his buddy back to coach and now we are going to lose more players because of it. No one wanted RC back. The owners better step in soon before BM destroys this team forever.
I mean lets not get drastic, I doubt itll be ruined forever... but Randy def put the finishing touches on the getzlaf/perry era. I wonder if BM is keeping RC around in hopes that 1 of getz/perry/kesler will demand a trade.... really its the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
12 games Nov 23th to Dec 17th = 10-2-0

Wins against Washington, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay

12 games Dec 18th to Jan 15th = 0-8-4

Losses against Detroit, Ottawa and NY Rangers

Ducks are a fun team this year

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
wow you would think that they would get up for a game against Red Wings....instead they can only muster 1 goal. Maybe they are pissed that the coach still has a job and Cogliano is gone?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
To be fair they have awful depth. Not easy to win tons of games with that lineup and always having important players injured. Kesler declined a lot after his surgery as well. He has 6 points in 44 games....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad