Ducks & Kings to Unveil New Logos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
Apparently the Ducks are going full orange at home… Pants, Socks, helmet, sweater - at first I questioned it but if you’re going to keep the orange, lean into it. Works for blue and red, why not orange

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I can't say I hate the ducks jerseys.

Are they boring? Certainly, but that's not the same as saying I hate them.

That being said, I'd love for the original logo to make a comeback. Even use the more recent colours on the template if you want, because it will still look good.

The big change I'd make is to the trim. I think the diagonal look is very dated and once the novelty wears off, I think most people would agree.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Doesn’t help that the Lightning’s “gatorade” jerseys are similar to the Leafs’ general look.
View attachment 880940

I’m a Rangers fan and I feel you on this. I’m sure I’m in the minority with this opinion, but I actually prefer the Winter Classic shield logo to their official shield logo. 🤷🏻‍♂️
View attachment 880944

It's sooooo bad.

And I'm with you actually, seeing them next to each other.

Reactions: DrandonBudinsky

BMacLeafs

Feb 20, 2022
I cant wait 2 c how Fanatics botches these 2 redesigns. Stock up on ur Kings & Ducks gear whle u have the chance.

Reactions: Voight

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California
I didn’t mind these versions of that black and purple era. Could have done with out the “Los Angeles” at the bottom of the hem though.
View attachment 880630

Speaking black and purple. Anyone remember when the Ducks had the wordmark jerseys in Black/silver/eggplant?
View attachment 880631

My favorite jersey the purple and black!!!!! Didn't like.the Los Angeles name on the jersey though

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fanatics x Colorblind Luc, fantastic

you would think greyscale is pretty idiotproof but we may just end up with the most bland 'rebrand' of all time and i would consider that lucky if fanatics is involved

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Apparently the Ducks are going full orange at home… Pants, Socks, helmet, sweater - at first I questioned it but if you’re going to keep the orange, lean into it. Works for blue and red, why not orange

When you think of Orange in Hockey, you think of the Flyers. No idea why Anaheim wants to lean so hard into orange when everyone else wants them to lean into the eggplant and teal. So stupid.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
*whispers*

They play in Orange County
To be fair, so do the Angels and orange is nowhere near their look, not even in their alternates or anything. Probably because it's one of those things where you *could* make the connection, but it's by no means so obvious that it'd even necessarily cross your mind. And I mean clearly it didn't really influence the thinking of the original Mighty Ducks brain trust at all.

Leaning into the orange is definitely a choice they can make, but I would make an argument that black as a secondary color is a little too on the nose. For starters, orange/black is something the Flyers already do very well and 'own' in terms of people's perception. I think orange may actually work well with the purple of the original Mighty Ducks color scheme.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
To be fair, so do the Angels and orange is nowhere near their look, not even in their alternates or anything. Probably because it's one of those things where you *could* make the connection, but it's by no means so obvious that it'd even necessarily cross your mind. And I mean clearly it didn't really influence the thinking of the original Mighty Ducks brain trust at all.

Leaning into the orange is definitely a choice they can make, but I would make an argument that black as a secondary color is a little too on the nose. For starters, orange/black is something the Flyers already do very well and 'own' in terms of people's perception. I think orange may actually work well with the purple of the original Mighty Ducks color scheme.
Orange as a color is hard to pair. Either Black, Blue work best. Miami Hurricanes of NCAA work very well with their dark green. Clemson has purple, but not sure that's the best color combo to go with.

Ducks go with the regular orange. Nothing creamsicle like TB Bucs retro or Tenn Vols of college.
Think the U. of Texas burnt Orange would make a nice color, but not what the Ducks use.

Salsero1

Nov 10, 2022
If the Kings refuse to go with the purple/gold, what about purple/white/silver? I'm so tired of black and grey with them. Like the Devils, they have access to a much better color palette from their history but they refuse to embrace it because the teams that wore it weren't very good.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Is it a duck wearing a crown?

IMG_5403.gif

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
It
Sounds like the Ducks are just going to do another iteration of a brand people don't want.
The reverse retro proved the old jersey and logo with the current colors can work.

The 30th jerseys proved the old colors can work outside of the old jersey and logo.

I’ll hold my judgement u til they show them.

In my opinion, they could have done the literal same jersey they did for the 25th anniversary and it would have been one of the best logo/jerseys in the league instantly.

Reactions: Machinehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad