Ducks & Kings to Unveil New Logos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
All the Kings need to do is have a full set of these

View attachment 880512
View attachment 880514
View attachment 880515

At the very least ditch the stupid plate and Chevy logos and just use a crown
^^This
A few years ago, I stumbled on a prototype jersey the Kings originally had when they came into the league in 1967. The “crown” they had was less ornate. I wouldnt mind a modernized version of that.
12575B5F-6A33-43AB-8951-C82BC6C5DB67.jpeg

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
LA era Gretzky jerseys are fine. Of their black based jerseys, I'd combine them for:

Logo - Crown from the Black/Purple ones. Sharp and clean
Numbers - Current ones and placement above the stripes, but go silver on the black jersey like the Gretzky era ones.
Stripes - Gretzky era ones, with the same striping on the waist as the arms.

Ducks, I hope they pick a color for that back triangle which stays the same color whether it's on the white or darker jersey. Their original ones had Green triangle on white jersey and grey triangle on purple jersey. Keep it either green or grey on both, or a different color.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Why do the Ducks insist on forcing this orange/black color scheme? The eggplant/green is far more popular and flat-out looks better.
Probably because they’re paying some consulting company six or seven figures to do dumb ass wordplay association exercises with random sample groups. In their presentation they’ll add slides that say, “words people associate with the color black: powerful, mysterious, fierceness,” and some terrible VP of Marketing will buy into it and create a brand strategy around how tough the team will be.

The orange/black scheme is owned by the Flyers. The Flyers have always owned that color scheme and their jerseys look sharp despite orange being a tough color to look it. The Ducks have the worst jerseys in professional sports.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
For a league that's filled with terrible or non-existent attempts at broadening its appeal, I'm constantly amazed that Anaheim don't use what's even now still one of the most recognisable jerseys in the game. I don't get it.
Someone had told me this so I am not sure how 100% accurate this is. So take it for what it’s worth. If one of you knows for sure, I’d love to know if this is true.

As I was told, the reason they don’t use the original Mighty Ducks duck mask/crossed hockey sticks logo is since it was based off the ‘90s kids movie, the new owners had to rebrand due to “Mighty Ducks” still being a Disney IP and didnt transfer over with the sale from Disney.

Hence, the webbed “D” Duck foot rebrand era.

Though, I am not sure how they are able to still use the logo/jersey every so often. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Again, not sure how accurate this is.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Probably because they’re paying some consulting company six or seven figures to do dumb ass wordplay association exercises with random sample groups. In their presentation they’ll add slides that say, “words people associate with the color black: powerful, mysterious, fierceness,” and some terrible VP of Marketing will buy into it and create a brand strategy around how tough the team will be.

The orange/black scheme is owned by the Flyers. The Flyers have always owned that color scheme and their jerseys look sharp despite orange being a tough color to look it. The Ducks have the worst jerseys in professional sports.
The Ducks use orange as like their tertiary color. The scheme is not leaning into the color at all which is part of why it doesn't work properly. All their stuff is way too black heavy and the beige/gold that's actually the main color of their logo further negates the innate vibrancy of the orange. Never mind the Flyers, even the Oilers use orange in a better way.

Here's a rule of thumb - if your colors are great for upholstery, they probably don't make for good sports uniforms. The Ducks look like the interior of a sedan, there's nothing that pops or is interesting about it. Orange is actually eye-catching and intense, but they don't have the courage to build around it.

All that being said, the obvious answer is their 90s/early 00s look and it's inevitable they will return to it eventually. It's just a matter of how long it takes them to realize it and do it. There's probably some in the org married to the current scheme because they won the Cup in it, but honestly, it's been 17 years and it's actually remarkable how little of an identity that Cup gave the team.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Someone had told me this so I am not sure how 100% accurate this is. So take it for what it’s worth. If one of you knows for sure, I’d love to know if this is true.

As I was told, the reason they don’t use the original Mighty Ducks duck mask/crossed hockey sticks logo is since it was based off the ‘90s kids movie, the new owners had to rebrand due to “Mighty Ducks” still being a Disney IP and didnt transfer over with the sale from Disney.

Hence, the webbed “D” Duck foot rebrand era.

Though, I am not sure how they are able to still use the logo/jersey every so often. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Again, not sure how accurate this is.
Trademarks are not an issue, the Samuelis purchased the original logo as well as the Mighty Ducks name from Disney. It's merely a matter of them rebranding the team to their own liking.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

I think it's because Anaheim is a part of Orange County and they want that to be a part of their brand. Maybe they feel it will bring more people to the games from other cities in Orange County other than just Anaheim.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I will never understand why the Ducks jerseys post Mighty Ducks are so hated. I for one love the webbed 'D'. The Hockey gods must agree because won their first Cup the first year they ditched Disney, just saying :dunno:

Hopefully the Wild are watching (and change to this gorgeous look full-time):

minnesota-wild-reverse-retro-uniform-2022-2023-sportslogosnet-green-gold-north-stars.jpg

Hopefully they aren't. Nothing wrong with the darker shade of green. This looks like an ad for Subway.

Reactions: Voight

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I will never understand why the Ducks jerseys post Mighty Ducks are so hated. I for one love the webbed 'D'. The Hockey gods must agree because won their first Cup the first year they ditched Disney, just saying :dunno:
That may have had more to do with having added Pronger in that off-season than the uniforms. But I think the fact that the Ducks were kinda laughed at as a Disney gimmick when they came into the league is probably what made the team go so aggressively in a different direction with new ownership.

I mean let's make no mistake - it was silly and kind of a joke to link a professional NHL franchise directly to a 'feel good' but highly unrealistic children's movie made with little regard for the actual sport. But let's also make no mistake and acknowledge that the look and the purple/white/teal color scheme they adopted were unique and bold. They gave the team an undeniable and instantly recognizable identity.

With the rebrand it was almost like they intentionally went bland and generic in order to put as much distance as possible between themselves and the previous look. Like "wow that Mighty Ducks look is too much fun and too quirky, let's go total opposite".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad