Speculation: Ducks grabbing a top 6 forward for Fowler/despres

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
It depends on which way his recovery goes. Concussions can take a while to sort out.

Would you guys consider moving Theodore for a high end center prospect since your D is very well off for years to come? Especially if you could keep Fowler?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
That's a pretty lousy deal for Anaheim. I'd be surprised if no one would beat that

Nash for Fowler
Yakupov and Pouliot for Fowler
Nichushkin for Fowler
Girgensons for Fowler

Those are examples of proposals have seen and they are worse

Would you guys consider moving Theodore for a high end center prospect since your D is very well off for years to come? Especially if you could keep Fowler?

We are not trading Theodore our top defenseman prospect who had looked good in some limited NHL action.

Ducksgo*

We are set with center with Rakell who can play both wing and center. We also have Kesler locked up on a good contract at the 2nd line as well. I wouldn't trade for a center right now, the wing position has to be hands down most important for us.

Also Theodore? Has to be almost as untouchable as they come from our defensive prospects

Ducksgo*

Nash for Fowler
Yakupov and Pouliot for Fowler
Nichushkin for Fowler
Girgensons for Fowler

Those are examples of proposals have seen and they are worse

We are not trading Theodore our top defenseman prospect who had looked good in some limited NHL action.

I really project Theodore being better than Vatanen on the blueline as our QB. There's absolutely no way we dump Theo without a full duck season under his belt. That kid can shoot like no bodies business.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

I'm sure it would be considered if it was a real blue chip prospect.

Moving Theodore wouldn't necessarily mean that we keep Fowler, if that's what you're getting at. We'd still be in a crunch for salary, have issues with expansion, and likely be unable to re-sign him when his contract was up.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I was trying to think of a deal that could benefit both sides that would get Theo to the Sens, but I'm coming up short.

Best I could do is:

- Smith, UFA at years end but coming off 25 goal season
- Puempel, goal scoring prospect having trouble breaking the sens top six over Hoffman, Mac, and Smith
- White, a high end center prospect who HF recently voted only a handful of spots below Theo on a top prospect pool

for

- Despres, who Ottawa could really use on the second or bottom pair
- Theodore, who someday I'd love to see in Ottawa's top four with Karlsson, Ceci and Chabot

mytduxfan*

Tatar+Sheahan.

Or Tatar+2nd. Tatar+Jurco/Pulk. Tatar+Sproul/XO.

Depends on cap issues, and if Anaheim wants a serviceable young d-man that won't bother their cap situation. Tatar can score 20-30 a year.

Fowler isn't a #1 D that some people and seemingly Anaheim may think he is. But I don't think he's a #3-5 either. You can't just "grab" a PK Subban or Doughty anymore. He instantly becomes Detroit's best defenseman IMO and the Ducks get a cheap goal scorer.

Tatar + Sheahan is the only one I'd consider. Tatar is coming off a down year and picks/weak prospects do nothing for us. Fowler is a top pairing D-man. You have to give to get.

Tatar + AA is what I'd be asking for if I was BM.

Anaheim couldn't move Fowler draft time, the asking price must have been to high.
Fowler won't move, unless Anaheim lowers the price.

.......Mic drop.......

:laugh: The asking price was high and if no one meets it, we'll just keep Fowler. We're not gifting him away for lesser pieces, unwanted players and scraps. Get over it.

Probably not with Depres, not until he shows that he won't get injured again right away. Not sure if anyone will do you the favor of taking Cogs any more than they will do us the favor of trading us a Cam Fowler. :laugh:

I really don't care what you think, Despres still has value. His concussion history is a risk, but he's not gone from a solid complimentary top 4 D-man to a cap dump with one fell swoop of a shoulder. Only a couple seasons in EDM will do that to a D-mans value... am I right? :biglaugh:

As far as Cogs, now you're just talking pure ass gas. No one is doing us a favour in taking Cogs. He's a quality player. Nice try though.

No one wants to help EDM with their D issues. You just traded Hall (remember... the guy you all thought was worth Doughty or Karlsson or some other true #1D) for a borderline top pairing D-man who, IMO, will never become the #1D you're hoping for. Isn't it pretty obvious that no one wants to help you? I think the message is pretty clear.

No.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
You could say the same about Anaheim's cap issues.

Very true. Every GM in the league knows the Ducks are desperate to unload salary and they also know there are very few teams at this point willing to take on salary so all the Ducks are gonna get is low ball offers unless they trade someone good. I dunno, maybe the have a deal already worked out sitting on the backburner to help get out of the corner they've painted themselves into.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I was trying to think of a deal that could benefit both sides that would get Theo to the Sens, but I'm coming up short.

Best I could do is:

- Smith, UFA at years end but coming off 25 goal season
- Puempel, goal scoring prospect having trouble breaking the sens top six over Hoffman, Mac, and Smith
- White, a high end center prospect who HF recently voted only a handful of spots below Theo on a top prospect pool

for

- Despres, who Ottawa could really use on the second or bottom pair
- Theodore, who someday I'd love to see in Ottawa's top four with Karlsson, Ceci and Chabot

I doubt they'd move him for White. The team sees Theo's potential as franchise D. He's also looked solid in the NHL already, granted in limited time, but it gives a hint at what sort of player he can be. For the Ducks to consider moving him for a young center, they'd have to be as sure about that player as they are of Theodore. I just don't see Colin White as proven enough to do that, in spite of his impressive freshman performance.

mytduxfan*

Very true. Every GM in the league knows the Ducks are desperate to unload salary and they also know there are very few teams at this point willing to take on salary so all the Ducks are gonna get is low ball offers unless they trade someone good. I dunno, maybe the have a deal already worked out sitting on the backburner to help get out of the corner they've painted themselves into.

If we were in such a "corner", why did we sign Vermette?

Something doesn't add up. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say "you have no idea what you're talking about".

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Anaheim couldn't move Fowler draft time, the asking price must have been to high.
Fowler won't move, unless Anaheim lowers the price.

.......Mic drop.......

Fowler won't be dealt until Lindholm is signed, and likely Rakell too.

MIC DROP.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I doubt they'd move him for White. The team sees Theo's potential as franchise D. He's also looked solid in the NHL already, granted in limited time, but it gives a hint at what sort of player he can be. For the Ducks to consider moving him for a young center, they'd have to be as sure about that player as they are of Theodore. I just don't see Colin White as proven enough to do that, in spite of his impressive freshman performance.

I have to agree. White would need to show more but by the time he does Theo is probably already going to be way too good to consider moving.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Can we put a stop other fans thinking Ducks fans believe Fowler is a #1 defenseman please? None of us believe that or even say it. A majority of us I would say think fowler is a #2 defenseman asked to do play as #1 while carrying Bieksa around.

Please post even ONE single post where a Ducks fan calls Fowler #1D. So annoying these detroit fans.

I said "some people" and "Anaheim." Nowhere did that say "Anaheim fans."

I refer to "some people" as fans who haven't seen him too much and assume because of his draft position he is better than he really is. I refer to "Anaheim" as management because he hasn't been dealt yet and I think they are over valuing him.

No need to jump down my throat and call Detroit fans annoying, especially when you guys had a knee-jerk post about something that wasn't even in my original one. 1 plus 1 is not 3.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
If we were in such a "corner", why did we sign Vermette?

Something doesn't add up. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say "you have no idea what you're talking about".

It adds up, obviously BM has already got a salary dump in place which will be announced later (Fowler for picks?) or a trade for Rakell or Lindholm.

wraparound

May 17, 2014

Humor us & make a proposal with a high end C prospect that you feel to be comparable. The answer will almost always be no, given how high fans/ANA org is on Theo, but you never know until you ask..

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
:laugh: The asking price was high and if no one meets it, we'll just keep Fowler. We're not gifting him away for lesser pieces, unwanted players and scraps. Get over it.
Someone's sensitive to the facts of reality. Haha
You keep Fowler, good for your team. Say, good luck trying to cup contend with basically the same formula as last season, look how that turned out. :)

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
You keep Fowler, good for your team. Say, good luck trying to cup contend with basically the same formula as last season, look how that turned out. :)

Your team has never won a Cup and hasn't made the playoffs in several seasons, you don't even know what a winning formula looks like. Try all you want, you aren't looking down on anyone while buried that deep in the cellar.

mytduxfan*

They're not facts. Your belief that the Ducks are going to be forced into moving Fowler for nothing is total fantasy. Anyway, this wouldn't be the first time BUF fans were completely clueless about the Ducks. What happened to offer-sheeting Lindholm? What was it, "we'd have to have him signed before July 1st or he'd be traded for nothing in a Hamilton-esq deal"? :laugh::laugh::laugh: Wrong! as usual.

Your team doesn't even know what success is. Win a cup before you start trying to mock my team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad