Speculation: Ducks grabbing a top 6 forward for Fowler/despres

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
If we were in such a "corner", why did we sign Vermette?

Something doesn't add up. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say "you have no idea what you're talking about".

Not to mention, "Bargain Bob" as he was affectionately called, went into previous seasons with much less depth. I wouldn't even be surprised if we ended up bringing in a super cheap depth option right before preseason starts either. Like a Tlusty, or Gomez. I'm sure Carlyle is in love with the idea of giving Ritchie some real ice time.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Two years of Fowler does not get you Ehlers. You want young potential you need to give young potential.

Unless Connor cones in and makes him expendable, Jets likely don't consider moving Ehlers at this time.

You realize fowler is only 24 right? Not even in his prime yet? Give him less defensive responsibilities and he'd be back to 40-50 pT guy

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Would you guys consider moving Theodore for a high end center prospect since your D is very well off for years to come? Especially if you could keep Fowler?

Doubtful. When I think of trying to get Theadore from Anaheim the only name that comes up in my head is Pastrnak and that is a damn steep price.

Fowler seems to be the route to go.

mytduxfan*

Tatar is a good player, and a RFA. I don't see how it's lousy.

He's a good player, but he's coming off a down year. Meanwhile, Fowler has consistently been on our top pairing and, despite what the stat watchers might say, is a solid #2 D-man. If I was BM, DET would need to add something significant to get me to pull the trigger. D-men are expensive and more important than wingers and Tatar isn't better then Fowler (I'd say Fowler has the bigger impact on his respective team).

Fowler for Bjugstad

Pass. Not that high on Bjugstad and we're pretty set down the middle with Getzlaf, Kesler and Vermette.

No thanks. Would much rather keep Miller. We need right handed D-men.

The Miller for Montour + 2nd + Thompson (LTIR) deal made a lot more sense for both teams anyway.

Connor for Fowler makes some sense to me.

It makes very little to ANA. We're looking to compete and we're not moving Fowler for a whole bunch of maybe. IMO, ANA would want Wheeler.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Someone's sensitive to the facts of reality. Haha
You keep Fowler, good for your team. Say, good luck trying to cup contend with basically the same formula as last season, look how that turned out. :)

Our problem isn't keeping Fowler (he isn't dragging us down) it is we don't have a true #1D that is so important to winning a cup. Trading Fowler for what other teams fans think we should isn't a winning formula.

Fowler for Bjugstad

We have enough centers as is with Getzlaf,Kesler and Vermette.

Doubtful. When I think of trying to get Theadore from Anaheim the only name that comes up in my head is Pastrnak and that is a damn steep price.

Pastrnak wouldn't even be enough for me rather just keep Theodore.

Ducksgo*

Yah I agree it would be nice to have Pastrnak in Anaheim though. He can slot into this lineup no problem. But there's no way Boston does it for Theodore. Besides I highly doubt Murray would move Theo for anything ATM.

Fowler is the way to go

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Our problem isn't keeping Fowler (he isn't dragging us down) it is we don't have a true #1D that is so important to winning a cup. Trading Fowler for what other teams fans think we should isn't a winning formula.

We have enough centers as is with Getzlaf,Kesler and Vermette.

Pastrnak wouldn't even be enough for me rather just keep Theodore.

Yah I agree it would be nice to have Pastrnak in Anaheim though. He can slot into this lineup no problem. But there's no way Boston does it for Theodore. Besides I highly doubt Murray would move Theo for anything ATM.

Fowler is the way to go

I'd have to disagree with Ducks in a Row and go with RamsNducks. I don't see Boston parting with Pastrnak as I think he has more value right now that Theadore but if Anaheim could shed salary up front or someone other than Fowler/Lindholm/Vatanen then the deal would be perfect for Anaheim. They have all their D locked up and can afford to move Theodore for another elite prospect who has already stepped up in the NHL.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I'd have to disagree with Ducks in a Row and go with RamsNducks. I don't see Boston parting with Pastrnak as I think he has more value right now that Theadore but if Anaheim could shed salary up front or someone other than Fowler/Lindholm/Vatanen then the deal would be perfect for Anaheim. They have all their D locked up and can afford to move Theodore for another elite prospect who has already stepped up in the NHL.

Fowler is a UFA in two years we might not be able to afford him assuming he is willing to re-sign with us. Trading Theodore before knowing what happens with Fowler is crazy for us. Theodore should not be traded at all he should be their with Ritchie as do not trade. Good defenseman are hard to get not willing to trade a good young one so easily.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Clearly as everyone knows, ducks have to many good young dmen, and could use a top 6 forward( preferably a cheap entry level one) since those are hard to come by, I can see a scenario of us trading Fowler( more than despres at this point due to his play last season) for a top 6 forward and that team retaining a significant amount of salary to push the deal through , bottom line is, we have to be able to not only trade fowler or despres but take back basically nothing in salary, BM is very very good, he will make this happen, just a matter of who's out there and available ( this player will be a 2 way player) BM doesn't bring in anyone anymore ( other than bottom guys) who can't play both ways.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned it yet: Jimmy Vesey and a pick (low 1st?) for Fowler. That would be hilarious!

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
No point in arguing over Vats' trade value right now anyway, he just signed a long term deal and almost surely won't be moved in the foreseeable future.

Signed for 2 years longer than Fowler.. It just makes him a more valuable asset than without being signed but it doesn't make him untouchable. Sign and trades happen however rare it is.

There are valid reasons to letting Vatanen go and continuing with Fowler.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Signed for 2 years longer than Fowler.. It just makes him a more valuable asset than without being signed but it doesn't make him untouchable. Sign and trades happen however rare it is.

There are valid reasons to letting Vatanen go and continuing with Fowler.

Show me a recent example of a guy who signed a big long term deal and then got traded before stepping on the ice.

I realize pushing Vatanen trades is basically your sole purpose for posting on these boards (for some strange reason), but you're going to have to can it for the time being, it's not happening.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
I'm very surprised Fowler for JVR hasn't happened yet.

If the Leafs are going to move JVR they really have to maximize his value as he is their most valuable tradable asset.
I'm sure that the Islanders are interested as well as a few other teams with assets (defencemen) that the Leafs would want in return.

There is no hurry for the Leafs they won't be the first to blink

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad