Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I received Jason Krog's 2003-04 jersey of that design just last week, along with Meigray tagging and all that sweet stuff. Easily one of the best designs of all-time, not just for the Ducks.

Edit: and, oh boy, those jerseys were HAMMERED. My 2003-04 Salei (RIP), 1995-95 Van Impe, and that 2003-04 Krog look that much better and more used than everything you find today.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I received Jason Krog's 2003-04 jersey of that design just last week, along with Meigray tagging and all that sweet stuff. Easily one of the best designs of all-time, not just for the Ducks.

Edit: and, oh boy, those jerseys were HAMMERED. My 2003-04 Salei (RIP), 1995-95 Van Impe, and that 2003-04 Krog look that much better and more used than everything you find today.
I have a CCM authentic 1999-00 Selanne player jersey with the 2000 NHL patch all the teams used that season. It has an authentication patch sew in the inside, stitched numbers, patches, and individually stitched letters for the player name, has the re-enforced elbows, etc. This was the first NHL jersey I bought. It's really a shame you can't buy these true authentic, made-in-Canada, pro-stock jerseys anymore (I guess you can if you look hard enough); even though NHL teams market them as "authentic," they are not what the players actually wear on ice. From a business perspective, it makes sense because of the cost, but comparing the "authentic" 2023-24 Carlsson jersey I bought to the 1990-00 Selanne jersey, it's disappointing the see the difference in quality.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I have a CCM authentic 1999-00 Selanne player jersey with the 2000 NHL patch all the teams used that season. It has an authentication patch sew in the inside, stitched numbers, patches, and individually stitched letters for the player name, has the re-enforced elbows, etc. This was the first NHL jersey I bought. It's really a shame you can't buy these true authentic, made-in-Canada, pro-stock jerseys anymore (I guess you can if you look hard enough); even though NHL teams market them as "authentic," they are not what the players actually wear on ice. From a business perspective, it makes sense because of the cost, but comparing the "authentic" 2023-24 Carlsson jersey I bought to the 1990-00 Selanne jersey, it's disappointing the see the difference in quality.
Oh, absolutely. I know Fanatics will bring back this MiC line of jerseys next season, but they'll also be USD 400 per jersey. Then again, that makes the market for "game issued" jerseys A LOT more affordable. One example: I have a Draisaitl GI from 2021-22 pre-season. I had to pay close to 700 bucks for that, and compared to his actual gamers (4.5k per jersey up to 8k for special jerseys like the heritage classic ones) it still is a f***ing bargain.

Even low-tier players' jerseys from special events (Winter Classic, Heritage Classic, jersey retirement nights, etc.) are immediately 800 bucks or more simply because they're effectively only available at that quality as actual game-worn jerseys.

I assume these prices will take a bit of a hit from the new public MiC line. Superstar jerseys excluded, obviously.

Reactions: la patineuse

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Oh, absolutely. I know Fanatics will bring back this MiC line of jerseys next season, but they'll also be USD 400 per jersey. Then again, that makes the market for "game issued" jerseys A LOT more affordable. One example: I have a Draisaitl GI from 2021-22 pre-season. I had to pay close to 700 bucks for that, and compared to his actual gamers (4.5k per jersey up to 8k for special jerseys like the heritage classic ones) it still is a f***ing bargain.

Even low-tier players' jerseys from special events (Winter Classic, Heritage Classic, jersey retirement nights, etc.) are immediately 800 bucks or more simply because they're effectively only available at that quality as actual game-worn jerseys.

I assume these prices will take a bit of a hit from the new public MiC line. Superstar jerseys excluded, obviously.

That's good to know. I would be willing to pay for a MiC jersey.

When I customized my 2000 jersey, I think it ended up being about $200 or $550. That was a lot for me back then because I was still in school, but I'm glad I did it. Teemu also got traded to SJS the next year :mad:

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Maybe the Utah Hockey Club could have contact Disney to come up with better design than the one they have out now. They could have used the similar design when the Mighty Ducks used the black, eggplant, gray, and white uni's where Anaheim was scripted for the crest and have Hockey Club in the gray parts. Then have HC overlay on the shoulders. Of course, use their colors of black, white, and mountain blue?

View attachment 882942

I’m sorry, but this was probably the worst jersey they have used in their existence. I was really ashamed when they changed it over to this in 2005/6(?)

I think I take the WW version over this

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The Duck is angry.

As someone who works in software, I get how hard it is to make a product that appeals to a wide number of people, and I also understand that the customer is not ALWAYS right.

But..... if they f*** this up it will be the biggest fumble in major league branding. The Mighty Ducks brand is likely the most recognizable branding in the NHL outside of the original 6. Especially with casual fans. It was handed to them on a f***ing platter.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It looks cool! Anything is better than what we have currently

As someone who works in software, I get how hard it is to make a product that appeals to a wide number of people, and I also understand that the customer is not ALWAYS right.

But..... if they f*** this up it will be the biggest fumble in major league branding. The Mighty Ducks brand is likely the most recognizable branding in the NHL outside of the original 6. Especially with casual fans. It was handed to them on a f***ing platter.
A worse fumble than going from the mighty ducks logo to a font logo in 2006?

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Duck is angry.

Wow that looks really really cool.

IMG_0545.gif

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Whatever the final logo turns out to be, I hope the away jerseys use the white jersey/orange pants scheme that we did a couple of years ago. Those were my favorite jerseys in a long time

Reactions: Kalv and ShadowDuck

SoCal Dreaming

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2020
Imagine if they mentioned that Zegras was part of the rebranding image. I can see other fans hating it just cause he was part of it. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad