Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think they can give up Sergachev. If Markov was 30-31, by all means upgrade the offense by trading the prospect.

MB loves his d-men... Tinordi didn't pan out, we're still not sure about Beaulieu... and Markov is retiring relatively soon. Sergachev's upside, you could argue, is Gonchar territory.

If MB does this, it's out of character for him - and the Habs better win a cup this year or next year.

Totally agree Sergachev is not being traded by the Habs. Only way I see Sergachev traded is in a block buster package deal for both Duchene and Landeskog. I also feel no team in the NHL will offer a top 10 pick for a guy who will be UFA and is free to walk after the 2019 Season. Duchene has earned free agency and there is a 50/50 chance he either re signs with the team acquiring him or becomes a free agent and has many teams bidding for his services.

Habs have depth on RW. Radulov (if resigned), Gallagher, McCarron, Scherbak, Shaw. They also have pretty good depth at goaltender prospects with Lindgren and McNiven.

Package deal #1: Gallagher, One of (Lindgren or McNiven), and One of (Beaulieu or Juulsen).

Package Deal #2:
One of (Lindgren or McNiven), One of (Beaulieu or Juulsen), 1st and 2nd round pick.

The longer the Aves wait, the less the return is going to be. Right now, the team acquiring him can have him for 3 playoff runs. If the Aves wait till the off season, that drops to 2.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Totally agree Sergachev is not being traded by the Habs. Only way I see Sergachev traded is in a block buster package deal for both Duchene and Landeskog. I also feel no team in the NHL will offer a top 10 pick for a guy who will be UFA and is free to walk after the 2019 Season. Duchene has earned free agency and there is a 50/50 chance he either re signs with the team acquiring him or becomes a free agent and has many teams bidding for his services.

Habs have depth on RW. Radulov (if resigned), Gallagher, McCarron, Scherbak, Shaw. They also have pretty good depth at goaltender prospects with Lindgren and McNiven.

Package deal #1: Gallagher, One of (Lindgren or McNiven), and One of (Beaulieu or Juulsen).

Package Deal #2:
One of (Lindgren or McNiven), One of (Beaulieu or Juulsen), 1st and 2nd round pick.

The longer the Aves wait, the less the return is going to be. Right now, the team acquiring him can have him for 3 playoff runs. If the Aves wait till the off season, that drops to 2.

If Avs take that they are stupid. Just think about it the other way around. Would you give up Pacioretty for that? No way in hell you would. Makes no sense for Avs to deal Duchene for mediocre players and prospects. I understand Habs dont want to deal Sergachev but you have to give something great to get something great. Its just meaningless for Avs to deal him for those players/picks/prospects.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
for a hundreth time, Habs are not moving Sergachev

Aves can ask for whatever they want from the Habs or any other NHL team. No team is giving them a top 10 pick similar to Sergachev value. Like some have said... Aves are playing the waiting game and they will decide at trade deadline what the best offer is and then say, can we get better in the off season? It all comes down to the best offer and they will use other teams against each other to make the price higher. GM's are not stupid... they will wait till last moment to reveal their cards and their best offer.

One team may get desperate and overpay but I'm not sure too many GM's have potential elite level top pairing Defensemen to spare. If Duchene was signed to 4 or 5 years + beyond this year they I say yes to Sergachev in a package deal but that's not the case. This is where some are overlooking Duchene's true market value due to his contract (not his play on the ice)

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
xGEX4Gk.jpg

Habs fans probably don't like it but would Avs fans be ok with this ?

Not a habs fan. But think a middle prospect added on avs side makes it more plausible for value and player contracts.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Avs take that they are stupid. Just think about it the other way around. Would you give up Pacioretty for that? No way in hell you would. Makes no sense for Avs to deal Duchene for mediocre players and prospects. I understand Habs dont want to deal Sergachev but you have to give something great to get something great. Its just meaningless for Avs to deal him for those players/picks/prospects.

That's what you think. But if the "dream deal" for the Aves you are referring too was actually on the table, the deal would be history. Mark my words, The trade will be similar to the offers I listed in the previous post.... From the Habs or any other team.

I feel your not factoring the remaining contract to the value of the player on the market. Yes guys like Duchene and Patch are elite but both those guys are soon to be UFA's after the 2019 season. Don't get me wrong, they both have value but it's not the same value as if they were signed long term. Patch would have significantly higher value than Duchene due to being a steady 30-40 goal scorer and his bargain $4.5M AAV.

Last edited:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Montreal lacks a #1 Centre, so of course they'd be interested in Duchene. It would cost them a TON for a quality player like Duchene though.

Duchene

for

Sergachev
Beaulieau
1st
2nd

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
As a fan of both teams, Habs have nothing that could realistically be used a main piece outside of Sergachyov. Also, Plekanec and Beaulieu won't be traded. A team going for it won't trade two players they need on their roster.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Habs fans probably don't like it but would Avs fans be ok with this ?

xGEX4Gk.jpg

Looks pretty good to me.

Then again, Sergachev really is a important piece for the Habs future. Weber ain't getting any younger and Markov don't have too many years left. It would be huge if Sergachev turned into a monster d-man for them, then again prospects are never a sure thing.

Lol so Sergachev, a very low first round pick (likely #25 or worse), a cap dump and Sven Andriwaivers???

I doubt it.

Also have to laugh at your depth chart putting Duchene on LW. He's like 61% league-wide on faceoffs and if you acquired him, he'd become your best center and offensive player.

For the guy who posted for the Habs to trade Sergachev, he'd need BOTH Duchene AND Landeskog....:laugh:

I have to wonder, if the Avalanche had drafted Sergachev just one spot later, would he then be worth both Pacioretty and Galchenyuk??? Probably not right, because by being drafted by the Habs, he gets an instant AWESOME boost, right? :shakehead

Also, only on HFboards is having 2.5 years left on your contract...not enough term and 'soon to be UFA'. C'mon now...so weak.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As a fan of both teams, Habs have nothing that could realistically be used a main piece outside of Sergachyov. Also, Plekanec and Beaulieu won't be traded. A team going for it won't trade two players they need on their roster.

Juulsen is a pretty solid prospect on Defense drafted in the 1st round at 26th overall and was impressive with team Canada. Not overally offensive but a guy who plays very solid D and doesn't make mistakes. He's going to be a solid top 4D at least IMO. He's been used as a shut down defenseman and is very good at it.

Beaulieu as well but all depends on who the Aves would prefer and what age range they are targeting. I suspect they want defenseman similar to MacKinnon age and under team control for several seasons.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol so Sergachev, a very low first round pick (likely #25 or worse), a cap dump and Sven Andriwaivers???

I doubt it.

Also have to laugh at your depth chart putting Duchene on LW. He's like 61% league-wide on faceoffs and if you acquired him, he'd become your best center and offensive player.

For the guy who posted for the Habs to trade Sergachev, he'd need BOTH Duchene AND Landeskog....:laugh:

I have to wonder, if the Avalanche had drafted Sergachev just one spot later, would he then be worth both Pacioretty and Galchenyuk??? Probably not right, because by being drafted by the Habs, he gets an instant AWESOME boost, right? :shakehead

Also, only on HFboards is having 2.5 years left on your contract...not enough term and 'soon to be UFA'. C'mon now...so weak.

It's post like this that make people look childish. Seriously? What was said was Sergachev included in a PACKAGE for a block buster deal for Duchene and Landeskog. You come along with your childish mind and twist the original post saying its a straight up trade and then laugh. It's you that should be laughed at. I wonder if you know it was a package deal or ignored it? Either way, it don't look good on your behalf.

Try being real and respectful and you will be taken more seriously. Instead of just twisting posts and laughing at what you come up with.

Only on HFboards is where you see attack posts where someone twists other posts and uses them as facts to support something stupid.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Yeah our top guys IMO are the only bright spot on this team but it does not matter.
We won't fix our issues in one or probably even 2 offseasons. Too much went wrong over the last 2-3 years with out organisation. That fluke 2013-14 year as well as terrible management and coaching killed us.

Avs shouldn't move Landeskog unless we get a truely great package.

Duchene is different. He has been with the Avs since 2009 and has only made the playoffs twice without winning a round.

Now he has been rumored to be available for a great D (that does not seem to be out there) for a while.

This year clearly has taken a toll on everyone in Colorado. Duchene might be the guy affected the most. His interviews recently are heartbreaking. He clearly loves the Avs but it might be time.

He has 2 years left after this season. He will be 28 after his contract and there is a good chance that the Avs still won't go anywhere 2 years from now...

Avs have MacKinnon and Jost as well as potentially one of Patrick/Hischier/Vilardi to replace him.

If the offer is good enough (and only then) it might be best for all parties involved to just move on right now and start over.

For me, this is more a re-tooling. Av's management shouldn't miss that opportunity to retool the right way but they should trade them this summer in hockey trades not for picks and prospects. I think they really want a young establish puck moving defensmen (Lindholm, Slavin, Vatanen, Brodin, Carlo, Beaulieu type) and not prospect (maybe blue chipper but still not a priority). Thanks for taking the time to explain me from the side of Av's fan and giving a good feed-back and a good input.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You can say it another hundred times, but we still won't believe that you have the insider connections to know that. You're just hoping it's true, because you want it to be.

Truth will be untold when the deal happens. Where will you be then when the Aves acquire a defenseman (or several) similar to Juulsen and not similar to Sergachev?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
It's post like this that make people look childish. Seriously? What was said was Sergachev included in a PACKAGE for a block buster deal for Duchene and Landeskog. You come along with your childish mind and twist the original post saying its a straight up trade and then laugh. It's you that should be laughed at. I wonder if you know it was a package deal or ignored it? Either way, it don't look good on your behalf.

Try being real and respectful and you will be taken more seriously. Instead of just twisting posts and laughing at what you come up with.

Only on HFboards is where you see attack posts where someone twists other posts and uses them as facts to support something stupid.

To be honest, you deserved to be laughed at with your silly mention of needing both #9 + #92 in order to acquire Sergachev. [that's what you said, I don't care if it's part of a package...you said we couldn't acquire Sergachev without BOTH players] I'd LOVE to see what kind of package the Habs could come up with to acquire them BOTH. (It might be important to keep in my that this isn't NHL 2017 and that in real life, such a deal where TWO core pieces were traded to the same team for a gigantic package has never happened as far as I know.)

It's pretty simple really :IF the Habs want to WIN now and acquire a player of Duchene's caliber then you don't GET to take your best prospect (and main component of any deal) off the table. The Avalanche have a ton of interest from other teams throughout the league, we don't need to accept your 2nd tier offer because you've fallen in love with your 9th overall pick. (who is certainly not a sure thing, no matter how you want to spin it)

Do you really think that fans of teams asking to acquire Cam Barker (3rd overall in 2004) weren't laughed at by Blackhawks fans in 2005?? Of course they were because he was going to be a franchise D-man!!! The point is the Avs are taking on ALL the risks and the Habs are taking on ZERO risk...that's why it has to be your best prospect included in a package that, in the end, you wouldn't be happy giving up.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I mean Avs fans pretty much called the ROR trade, even though everyone crapped on us for saying Zadorov+ would have to come back. Duchene has more value than ROR too.

Sergachev is significantly better than Zadorov. Not to mention, the Sabres also had a surplus of top, young D in the system like Ristolainen, McCabe, etc.

Sergachev going to Colorado for Duchene would be like the Sabres trading Ristolainen instead of Zadorov - not going to happen.

For those saying the Avalanche do not need/want to trade Duchene, they're dreaming. There's a reason Sakic is looking to make massive changes - even with a core like Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Barrie, Rantanen, Varlamov, etc. ... the Avs are DEAD LAST in the NHL. They have underachieved for 2 years straight and are taking steps back from where they were a few years ago as a young team that made the playoffs when MacKinnon was a rookie.

The Avalanche made it know that Duchene (and maybe other big names) are available and Duchene himself said he's "ok with being traded." Once it gets to that, a trade is inevitable.

Don't get me wrong, Duchene is a good player, but he really hasn't accomplished anything close to elite level; he makes a TON of money; and he's a main piece on a team that has continually underachieved. The return will be good (if he's traded) but it will not include a player like Sergachev, Provorov, McAvoy, etc. Those players are defensemen you build your entire blue line around - they are young, cheap and can make an immediate impact - look at Provorov leading the Flyers in ice time as a 19-20 year old!

The type of deal I see the Avs getting is...

TO MTL: Duchene
TO COL: Plekanec, Scherbak/McCarron, Juulsen, 1st

TO NYI: Duchene
TO COL: Lee, Barzal, Pulock, 1st

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I disagree with almost every habs fans here. Sergachev can easily be part with for a quality guy like Duchene.

Just imagine Habs fans, getting another Galchenyuk quality players for at least 2,5 years. That guarantee us 3 playoffs run as contender.

Don't you think giving Sergachev worths that?? I certanly do. Easy choice for me.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Phil Kessel was actively being ran out of town.

What do you think is happening with Duchene.
It's clear the Avs core is rotten and needs to be moved out, just like with Toronto (and the Avs are even worse)

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
That's what you think. But if the "dream deal" for the Aves you are referring too was actually on the table, the deal would be history. Mark my words, The trade will be similar to the offers I listed in the previous post.... From the Habs or any other team.

I feel your not factoring the remaining contract to the value of the player on the market. Yes guys like Duchene and Patch are elite but both those guys are soon to be UFA's after the 2019 season. Don't get me wrong, they both have value but it's not the same value as if they were signed long term. Patch would have significantly higher value than Duchene due to being a steady 30-40 goal scorer and his bargain $4.5M AAV.

Yup. Just like orielly being a headache and a #2 Center and his contract status meaning he was gonna go for peanuts too. I find it amusing how fans on here get on their high horse regarding contract status. I've not head a single insider mention duchene having 2.5 years left on his contract in a negative light.

I absolutely hate the way this always goes:

Avs fans- hey guys, if you want a player of oriellys quality, it's going to take zadorov plus a pick and a good prospect

Buffalo fans: lol you're not going to get that for a second line 50 point Center who isn't even on a contract and will end up being a one year rental. What if he bolts!! Psysk and a bunch of filler garbage is out best player

Avs fans: no guys he's really good. He's easily be your best Center.

Buffalo fans: looooollll zadorov is a no start Avs fans. Get real. You guys always over value your players. Contract status rabble rabble rabble.

Avs fans: okay we will keep him the. The avs don't have to move him.

Buffalo: orielly is not worth our potential star defenseman. You guys are going to feel stupid when you see the return. Avs fans overvalue their playwrs1111!!111

And I'm not picking on Buffalo fans. I could literally change them with any team during that time.

And if duchene is traded; I can almost guarantee that the fans calling him a #2 Center are the same one that are going to say the avs were stupid for trading such a high quality player #1 Center down the road if he is traded too.

The prospect bias on this site is absolutely insane.

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
Sergachev is significantly better than Zadorov. Not to mention, the Sabres also had a surplus of top, young D in the system like Ristolainen, McCabe, etc.

Sergachev going to Colorado for Duchene would be like the Sabres trading Ristolainen instead of Zadorov - not going to happen.

For those saying the Avalanche do not need/want to trade Duchene, they're dreaming. There's a reason Sakic is looking to make massive changes - even with a core like Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Barrie, Rantanen, Varlamov, etc. ... the Avs are DEAD LAST in the NHL. They have underachieved for 2 years straight and are taking steps back from where they were a few years ago as a young team that made the playoffs when MacKinnon was a rookie.

The Avalanche made it know that Duchene (and maybe other big names) are available and Duchene himself said he's "ok with being traded." Once it gets to that, a trade is inevitable.

Don't get me wrong, Duchene is a good player, but he really hasn't accomplished anything close to elite level; he makes a TON of money; and he's a main piece on a team that has continually underachieved. The return will be good (if he's traded) but it will not include a player like Sergachev, Provorov, McAvoy, etc. Those players are defensemen you build your entire blue line around - they are young, cheap and can make an immediate impact - look at Provorov leading the Flyers in ice time as a 19-20 year old!

The type of deal I see the Avs getting is...

TO MTL: Duchene
TO COL: Plekanec, Scherbak/McCarron, Juulsen, 1st

TO NYI: Duchene
TO COL: Lee, Barzal, Pulock, 1st

Talk about losing credibility when you end your rant with two crazily different trade proposals. Avs would never go for the habs offer and the Islanders would never offer the second option. If that was available duchene would already be on his way to new york.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad