Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If this package doesn't get Duchene I don't know what will.

What's gross is that Nashville's defense is still really solid without Ekholm. Crazy defensive depth.

No, our defense has looked awful for the most part this season. Without Ekholm we have Josi(IR)-Subban-Ellis-Matt Irwin as our top four.

Even though this would create a huge hole in our defense, I'd do it just because it'd be a great long term move. Johansen-Duchene down the middle is spectacular, we can always overpay to find an average no.4 defenseman. Would remind me of the Larsson/Hall trade for NJ, may not be great for NJ's defense, but they win on value.

Weast

May 16, 2011
The only defenceman that would fit the bill would be Ellis, but Colorado has Barrie so unless The Preds have a prospect that is on sergachevs level I don't see a trade happening

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Duchene for Ellis, Fiala, and a 2nd seems okay to me. Maybe up that to a 1st.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
No, our defense has looked awful for the most part this season. Without Ekholm we have Josi(IR)-Subban-Ellis-Matt Irwin as our top four.

Even though this would create a huge hole in our defense, I'd do it just because it'd be a great long term move. Johansen-Duchene down the middle is spectacular, we can always overpay to find an average no.4 defenseman. Would remind me of the Larsson/Hall trade for NJ, may not be great for NJ's defense, but they win on value.

The defense has looked awful? So 11th in the league in PK% and GA is terrible eh? And this is with the team missing Subban and Josi for long stretches. I'll take Joey-Duchene as the top 2 Cs with Josi, Subban, Irwin, and Ellis any day of the week without thinking twice about it.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I can't see Sergachev being the main piece in a Duchene deal... I think Colorado will look for more proven players.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
The Canadiens moving Sergachev now would be like the Flyers moving Provorov last year - it won't happen. Potential, cornerstone #1 defensemen who are 19 years old (and 6-3, 210) do not get moved today for a smallish, center in their mid-20s making a HUGE amount of money.

McCarron, Beaulieu, Juulsen, Scherbak, etc are all doable. Sergachev will not be traded. Not to mention, in order for the Canadiens to take on Duchene's salary, they would need to send a lot of salary out.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
If it happens will be something like...

TO MTL: Duchene + "something"

TO COL: Plekanec, Beaulieu, (one of) Juulsen/McCarron/Scherbak, 1st

Sergachev is a deal-breaker and will not being going to Colorado.

agree... prospects picks even some front line player... but Sergi could be a real franchise player with weber mentoring him.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I could see the Avs making 2 big trades...

Duchene to Montreal for Plekanec, Beaulieu, Juulsen and 1st.

Barrie to Edmonton for Nugent-Hopkins.

In: Nugent-Hopkins, Plekanec, Beaulieu, Juulsen and 1st

Out: Duchene and Barrie

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Sergachev has to be included or it's not happening.

We'll see. Everytime a "name" is traded the fans insist "X, Y and Z" MUST come back in the deal and yet they NEVER do.

Kessel had more value than Duchene when he was traded and look what he got. Sakic is looking to shake up his underperforming team... He will not give Duchene away but he will also not get a future elite D like Sergachev either IMO.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Based on his potential

He had a monster season last year in the NCHC

His numbers may not indicate it this year (and that has a lot to do with how weak the ice caps are defensively), but he's been really good. He has been the best and most consistent player of the ice caps all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad