Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
This has been discussed before. Avs fans want more than the Canes fans want to give. I had proposed this before and it was turned down:

:avs Duchene and Landeskog

:canes Hanifin, 2017 1st, Gauthier or Roy, Di Giuseppe

That is as rich as I'd go as a Canes fan and many canes fans wouldn't do that.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
i respectively just do not agree...Zib is way less polished of a player as Duchene, maybe brady tips the scales too much that is definitely possible but 1 for 1 id take Duchene and run

Zibanejad has a higher PPG average this season, and Duchene is two years older. Regardless, even if I am off on the value of Duchene in this trade, I just don't think Duchene is worth anywhere near Zibanejad and Skjei.

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
Let say we want to deal for Duchene.. How much cap space we would need ? My guess is that we would likely have to deal DD or Plekanec. And I have a hard time seeing Bergevin trading the 2 favorites players off Therrien ...??

And if we are going for the cup.. It doesnt make much sense to deal those 2 ?

Also, with the expension draft and the way Emelin is playing.. You have to think the Habs are going to protect Emelin and Beaulieu will be RFA probably asking a big raise that we cant really afford (too much money for Def)? This is a big problem.Would you prefere losing emelin for nothing are trading Beaulieu when he's at an all time high value wise ?

I would package DD + Beaulieu + 1first 2017 + 1 first 2018 VS Duchene
We still have a very solid core of D (Weber, Emelin, Markov, Petry) and 1st should be late round.

Any thought ?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Let say we want to deal for Duchene.. How much cap space we would need ? My guess is that we would likely have to deal DD or Plekanec. And I have a hard time seeing Bergevin trading the 2 favorites players off Therrien ...??

And if we are going for the cup.. It doesnt make much sense to deal those 2 ?

Also, with the expension draft and the way Emelin is playing.. You have to think the Habs are going to protect Emelin and Beaulieu will be RFA probably asking a big raise that we cant really afford (too much money for Def)? This is a big problem.Would you prefere losing emelin for nothing are trading Beaulieu when he's at an all time high value wise ?

I would package DD + Beaulieu + 1first 2017 + 1 first 2018 VS Duchene
We still have a very solid core of D (Weber, Emelin, Markov, Petry) and 1st should be late round.

Any thought ?

It's a major waste of time to post proposals and not include Sergachev. That simply isn't happening. If Duchene gets traded to Montreal Sergachev and some other pieces are going back the other way.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Zibanejad has a higher PPG average this season, and Duchene is two years older. Regardless, even if I am off on the value of Duchene in this trade, I just don't think Duchene is worth anywhere near Zibanejad and Skjei.

you certainly may be right Zib + Skjei is alot of value... still hard for me to really assess Zib as a player starting to get that feel where he may always just be a tease and no matter his stats at the end of the years just viewed as a slight let down...maybe thats just me though

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This has been discussed before. Avs fans want more than the Canes fans want to give. I had proposed this before and it was turned down:

:avs Duchene and Landeskog

:canes Hanifin, 2017 1st, Gauthier or Roy, Di Giuseppe

That is as rich as I'd go as a Canes fan and many canes fans wouldn't do that.

If we're moving both Duchene and Landeskog we need to be getting back the sure thing defensemen, not the super exciting kid who should become a sure thing. Hanifin as the centerpiece of the trade works for one of them, not both.

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
I proposed Skjei+Zibanejad+1st earlier, now I think it would be too much. Would not mind giving up something like Skjei+Hayes or Zibanejad+. Not sure it is enough for Avalanche.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Avs should just keep Duchene/Landeskog if they can't get the price they want. Next season they'll have Hischer/Patrick and Jost in the line up. Try and sign Shattenkirk and Kulikov with the cap space they have, Bring up Greer and Compher.

Landeskog-Duchene-Patrick/Hischier
Jost-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Greer-Soderberg-Compher

Zadorov-EJ
Kulikov-Shattenkirk
Bigras-Barrie

That's at least a bubble team on paper and the young players can grow. That top 6 is already REALLY young, do they really need to trade Duchene/Landeskog for a rebuild?

This. Exactly this. Even if they dont land Shattenkirk and get someone like Alzner instead, the major difference next year will come with someone new behind the bench. And another new exciting young talent in the draft to the other talent they have coming up, and anything could happen.

Last year the Edmonton Oilers were a perennial disaster who could never recover, had to trade all their former lotto picks/busts etc, and a year later they're sitting comfortably in a playoff spot and vying for the lead in their division. Yeah they lost a big piece in Hall, but they also had alot more in the way of young talent left to spare.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Slavin+Gauthier+1st and a B/B+ prospect?

IMO, that's a pretty solid offer.

However, I can't see Sakic trading both of them. I think he's throwing multiple lines out to land a defenseman to add to the core. I'm betting Duchene brings back that defenseman and Landy stays in Colorado.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
According to hockeybuzz the asking price is this:

"A current player, a top prospect PLUS a first and a second round draft pick."

Basically they want a top 6 roster player a sure fire prospect that will be a top 6 player and a pick that will be a top 6 player and another pick...

Basically they want Duchene x3..

Insanity...

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

Kind of weird to site PPG and neglect to acknowledge that the sample size for one player is much smaller.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Good, the Avs shouldn't be giving away Duchene like the Oilers gave away Hall.

Duchene, like any young quality first liner on a reasonable deal, should net you a quality young dman and quality prospect at minimum.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Basically they want a top 6 roster player a sure fire prospect that will be a top 6 player and a pick that will be a top 6 player and another pick...

Insanity...

Yup. Say what you want, but Duchene's production has been a disappointment given that absurd request.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Insanity...

Yeah let's use Eklund as a source... not exactly super reliable.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Beaulieu, Andrighetto, Scherbak, 1st rounder for Duchene. If the Avs can get more than that, so be it. That would be my max offer if I'm Montreal.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Something around Ghost and Duchene?

Ghost and Flyers resident numbskull coach Hakstol are not on the same page and I honestly think his career will suffer if he has to play for him much longer.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Beaulieu, Andrighetto, Scherbak, 1st rounder for Duchene. If the Avs can get more than that, so be it. That would be my max offer if I'm Montreal.

Sorry I think you misspelled Sergachev. That's the guy we'll target from Montreal if there is a deal to be made involving Duchene.

It's not that they players you've offered are bad, we just would want sure fire types like Sergachev.

I mean would you trade your teams best player, for anything short of another teams top prospect? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad