Value of: Dubois

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
Wow, that is a real Sophie's choice. Would you rather take on Huberdeau's contract or PLD's contract? Could write about 5000 words on that one. Quick blush - Huberdeau can add some value in certain systems, and I don't think he's a cancer. Calgary wouldn't necessary improve tomorrow by getting rid of him. LAK might.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Bruins could use this big strong center and PLD learn from great hockey culture...

Valeson81

Aug 11, 2019
Suisse
I will give PLD the benefit of doubt and wait until a full playoff series to see whats what.

Its not a secret anymore that he has his motivation issues. No GM will touch him. And if, then with a very small return for LAK.

Reactions: bernmeister

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
He's gotten lost in the LA lifestyle sauce

Reminds me of JR Smith from the NBA, when asked if he misses not being in LA or NY, and said there is nothing to do in cleveland and it is boring as heck, so all you can do is focus on your game.

Maybe this cat aint built for a city like LA
Well, there's not much to do in Columbus but it still didn't work out for him .

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
He has a NMC clause that kicks in next year. They should send him down to the AHL and if somebody claims him, that’s a win too.

Normally, I defend guys who have been bad but he’s lived his entire career on his draft position and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Someone please tell me whether a buyout is an actual legitimate possibility. Is there any precedent for something like that?

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Someone please tell me whether a buyout is an actual legitimate possibility. Is there any precedent for something like that?
He is owed ~22.5 million more over the next 2 seasons. A buy out this summer pays PLD only ~27.3 million over the next 14 season and cuts the cap hit to roughly 2 million or less most years.

Max retention on a trade this summer would have the Kings paying 29 million with a cap hit over 4 million for 7 years.

A buy out after next season has higher cap hit and pays 26.3 million over 12 seasons after the buyout. With his salary and signing bonus, he gets paid ~11.3 million next season so that would be over 37.5 million paid out. A buy out this summer saves 10 million dollars over the life of the contract when compared to a buyout a year later with most of the savings being realized sooner when each dollar is worth more.

Plus, every forward plays better without him. If the team wants to win, he has to go. If the team wants to play prospects, he has to go to make room. The only argument against a buyout this summer is maybe next year he will try. As a Kings fan, I do not want them to take that chance.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What would it take to motivate PLD to be the form of himself? Now that he has the 8 year deal, what other motivation is there for him.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
This man is just such a waste of talent. If I had the skills or size that he did, I would be trying every minute in the NHL. When PLD is at his BEST, there’s very few players that bring what he does to the game.

If there’s a team out there that can motivate this slug and surround him in a culture where he can flourish then it’s maybe worth it if it was 2 seasons ago….his contract makes him immovable at this point.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Would the Kings retain him down to 7M and take Kadri back? Not saying I'd do it, but I'd consider it based on some info on how he is in the locker room.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I was a huge fan of Dubois, then he pulls this AGAIN.

If you have any doubt what Dubois is, read this article. It simply breaks down that Dubois is cancer...without outright saying Dubois is cancer.

This is damning...

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Only half of this is true, the guy is a very talented & physically gifted hockey player.

He just doesn’t give a shit about hockey. PLD makes Dustin Penner look like Mike Richards.
There was very little reason for him to get traded last year, yet he played everyone to get it done.

Now he's checked out and nothing anyone can do about it other then buying him out. Which still nets him a handsome pile of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad