Value of: Dubois

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think he has overtaken Huberdeau as the most negative value player in hockey. Not necessarily based on talent level or contract, but purely because he doesn’t give a shit and seems like a guy you flat out can’t win with.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Winnipeg is happy with the trade and not sending him to Montreal!

HFB wanted Montreal all to pony up Dach plus in any trade.

Dach was a non starter for all Montreal fans…

Dach hasn’t played all year so far…

WPG still needs a 2 nd line centre/
PLD did play well here in the peg at times/ Pld dad is a coach of our AHL team located in the city as well (Moose)!

WPG originally wanted to sign PLD long term…

Would La bite on this trade back/

Jets love ❤️ Vilardi and are not trading him back! …. But will return the other 3 party’s back for PLD….

Kupari
Iffallo
Montreals 2 nd round pick

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
He had a good game last night even though his linemates played like ass. Scored once and set up a few prime chances that were not converted. Need him to bring that game consistently to salvage any sort of positive out of him. I have called the guy outs so much I feel I have to acknowledge when he plays well. Hopefully the positive acknowledgement starts to come more often.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He had a good game last night even though his linemates played like ass. Scored once and set up a few prime chances that were not converted. Need him to bring that game consistently to salvage any sort of positive out of him. I have called the guy outs so much I feel I have to acknowledge when he plays well. Hopefully the positive acknowledgement starts to come more often.
What did he do after he got his goal?

He’s exactly who Doughty was talking about last night. That lazy hook in the second is probably what got Doughty going. Fiala doesn’t get a pass either with his effort last night. Absolutely atrocious -4 night.

If Dubois brings that consistently, he’s likely to get knocked out in the locker room.

I’ve always talked him up on here… About how good he can be. Got lambasted for a good year telling people how much he would cost. Which he ultimately did, but there’s honestly not a team out there right now, who’d take him on waivers. He’s been that bad.

This isn’t a Huberdeau losing his game thing either. This is a visible effort thing. For him to be at his best, he’s getting his nose dirty. That is never effected by a slump. When your refusing to do so, that’s 100% effort.

Something needs to change quickly, cause that’s a massive cap hit, for a long time, and it will divide a locker room. Just see Doughty’s comments.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If anything, the only thing we can be certain about, is that the Canadiens front office, and a significant amount of the fanbase, were possibly the only party that were right at any point about Dubois' value.
That's not really correct. The Jets front office and fanbase was correct on his value as that's the value that LA paid. At the time of the trade he was a 25 year old centre with 3 60 point seasons. So his value was pretty well established.

Dubois lackluster play this year is on him. So Montreal is lucky they dodged the bullet of a player who at this point looks like the type who now that he has his contract is fine with enjoying his life first and being a hockey player second.

But the Jets got the value they wanted and it's contributed to the teams success this year.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Classic 3 way style:
To Montreal: PLD
To LAK: Huberdeau + Allen (75% retained) + 2025 2nd (From CGY)
To Calgary: Gallagher

Not a fan of any of these team, so I had a little fun here.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

PLD did play well here in the peg at times/ Pld dad is a coach of our AHL team located in the city as well (Moose)!

Jets love ❤️ Vilardi and are not trading him back! …. But will return the other 3 party’s back for PLD….

Kupari
Iffallo
I would do that easily. Miss Iafallo.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Anybody who thinks a team will take on that contract and actually trade anyone valuable should be watching Bowling League instead of hockey.

Right now its the most negative contract in the league so unless some negative contract goes back or LA starts atteching draft choices, nobody is taking him.

Reactions: kenobiwan and YP44

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I would do that easily. Miss Iafallo.
I have to think there's a close to 0 chance the Jets would trade for PLD. Partly because of the contract now and how it's looking compared to his play in a place he said he wanted to be.

But I could see a scenario where there is a chance that they could move Iaffalo (not this season though). I think if the Jets do decide to go big on a 2C for instance and get one with term or one that then extended, they'd have to move salary. And the most likely salary moves are Schmidt and Iafallo.

Reactions: CanMerc and YP44

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
No. The K8ngs can buy him out whether PLD likes it or not.

They would need his agreement to terminate his contract. Different outcomes.
No. PLD simply gets to decide if the waiver process happens first or not. The buy out can happen regardless.
My mistake, thank you!

It still looks like the Kings would be better off sooner. The longer they wait, the worse the cap hit will be.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Classic 3 way style:
To Montreal: PLD
To LAK: Huberdeau + Allen (75% retained) + 2025 2nd (From CGY)
To Calgary: Gallagher

Not a fan of any of these team, so I had a little fun here.
Montreal has no interest. We dodged a bullet last summer. We’re not about to put ourself in the firing line again. This is the third team PLD has been inserted into where the locker room has had problems and drama arise. A lot of us had concerns before last summer and his short time in LA is just further proof there’s a big problem there. The Montreal fans and media would eat this guy alive. And that’s ignoring that even if he does start playing better, $8.5 million is ridiculous for a guy with a career high of 63 points in a season and seemingly already plateaued years ago.

Reactions: HabsAddict

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Montreal has no interest. We dodged a bullet last summer. We’re not about to put ourself in the firing line again. This is the third team PLD has been inserted into where the locker room has had problems and drama arise. A lot of us had concerns before last summer and his short time in LA is just further proof there’s a big problem there. The Montreal fans and media would eat this guy alive. And that’s ignoring that even if he does start playing better, $8.5 million is ridiculous for a guy with a career high of 63 points in a season and seemingly already plateaued years ago.

While everything you say is/could be accurate, I feel like Montreal and PLD will always be linked because of his last name.

Reactions: HabsAddict

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
PLD wants to be a Hab. Habs don’t want PLD. That’s the outcome.
When he signed his current deal, Dubois made a lot of decisions, explicit and implicit ones. One of the implicit ones was not to be able to really control his destiny for a while. He might not have realized it, but a massive financial commitment means teams can't just "give him a try" anymore.

If he really wanted to be a Hab, he had to reach UFA status and talk with Habs management. With smaller commitments for fewer years, I'm sure he could've found a fit in Montreal if that was his sole life ambition (ie, imagine him on a 3 year 5M contract; no way anyone turns that down. Heck, even now with that kind of a contract he'd be in high demand even after a bad start in LA).

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
While everything you say is/could be accurate, I feel like Montreal and PLD will always be linked because of his last name.
I think his name was officially unlinked to Montreal when he decided to commit 8 years to LA for less money then he was reportedly asking for Montreal to even be an option last summer. If the Habs wanted him, they would’ve went after him more aggressively. They obviously didn’t buy the hype, and they certainly aren’t go to take him a few months later when he’s damaged goods.

Reactions: pth2

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
I have to think there's a close to 0 chance the Jets would trade for PLD. Partly because of the contract now and how it's looking compared to his play in a place he said he wanted to be.

But I could see a scenario where there is a chance that they could move Iaffalo (not this season though). I think if the Jets do decide to go big on a 2C for instance and get one with term or one that then extended, they'd have to move salary. And the most likely salary moves are Schmidt and Iafallo.
It most likely the Jets make a deal to acquire a 2C that doesn’t require moving salary right away… won’t want to mess with the winning chemistry to much… they’ll likely rather pay a bit extra for retention then address the cap issues in the offseason.
Its extremely likely both Schmidt and Iafallo are moved this offseason for the cap, so WPG can extend players and address RHD depth

Kupari
Iffallo
As a Jets fan….Take out the 2nd and I’d think about it before saying no
PLD burned this bridge… he’s not coming back to WPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad