Value of: Dubois

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Can't wait a year. His NMC kicks in next season.

If the Kings want to buy him out, it had better be before next season. Otherwise, they couldn't even waive him.

That's not how buyouts work. A player can still be bought out with a NMC, they just can choose to forgo the waiver clearance and go straight to the buyout.

Reactions: dukeofjive

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
It's kind of curious how so many times folks rush to blame the city when it ultimately turns out to be the player. Kind of shows a thing or two about how some people think.
Same story at every stop. No more excuses

They don’t think. They’re as ignorant as they are arrogant. Just a large group of idiots.
The past few years my young family and I enjoy road trips; Detroit, Minneapolis, Chicago, KC, St.Louis, Nashville, Indianapolis, Columbus, and a few others...Gotta be honest when I say that I could see myself living in and adapting to any of those cities I've visited when you keep an open mind and look forward to a different experience.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If Montreal is laughing it's that weird laugh fit you get when you slam your shin off a hard object and want to cry but just end up laughing.
No, when we laugh about Dubois it’s the same nervous laugh you get when you’re an inch away from accidentally walking off a cliff and you suddenly stop yourself.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Torts was so right about that kid.

If I was LA, I'd give it a year. If he doesn't rebound, just buy him out and get rid of him. You can't have a lazy floater like that infesting a dressing room full of kids.

I keep hearing this Torts reference. Is there a specific sound bite or quote that’s being referred to here?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The Jets cashed in on him while his value was at an all-time high last summer. Until Kopitar retires and Dubois emerges into a #1 center, He's not going to get good return until then. And that's only if it happens.

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
Gally, armia and prices contract for pld and even that feels like I'm falling for fools gold

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The Jets cashed in on him while his value was at an all-time high last summer. Until Kopitar retires and Dubois emerges into a #1 center, He's not going to get good return until then. And that's only if it happens.
His value was all-time high when he was drafted #3 OA.

He could have fetched Subban + from Bergevin then.

Reactions: dukeofjive

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I think ppl are looking at a playoff series from 4 5 years ago now and going that’s the Dubois we want and for the last 4 or 5 years now that guy hasn’t shown up.

He’s overrated. Montreal fans really overrated him because the French factor. Dude quit on Columbus. Dude quit on Winnipeg after game 1 vs Vegas in the playoffs last year. When the going gets tough, Dubois gives up.
If anyone overrated him it was L.A.

Reactions: viceroy

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
How Blake hasn't been fired yet is beyond me.

Dubois is a cancer pure and simple. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Oilers even straight up for Campbell. He's negative value and that no club should be willing to roll the dice on. His attitude, on ice performance and as mentioned willingness to quit on his team and teammates should keep everyone way. Dead serious I'd rather buy-out Campbell.

I can't think of any player except Hubby worth less vs his contract/performance. If Montreal would bite on an Anderson for DuBois swap LA should jump at it. Free up cap space and completely get out of the backend of this contract.
Anderson and Gallagher . L.A. would have to add a little sweetener or a little retention.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'll give you Brendan Gallagher (last he was good was with Danault) and Colorado's 2nd this year.
I would do that. Don't even need the 2nd.

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Gallagher
Turcotte - Byfield - Arvidsson
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Every LA fan I know was upset when the trade went down and it's gone from bad to worse every day since.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
No question Dubois is a head case, but he does have talent. LA isn't getting anything for him right now and obviously not remotely close to what they paid.

Just keep him. Wouldn't be surprised if the next 2 seasons he hits 30g and 65 points a year. Guy is just prone to vanishing and unreliable. But I would be more shocked if he doesn't play much better in the future, for a while.
Agreed, Dubois a lot better than he's played so far in LA. But Montreal can't trade for him because he goes into one of his lapses going to a media circus. Team don't need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad