Value of: Dubois

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
How Blake hasn't been fired yet is beyond me.

Dubois is a cancer pure and simple. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Oilers even straight up for Campbell. He's negative value and that no club should be willing to roll the dice on. His attitude, on ice performance and as mentioned willingness to quit on his team and teammates should keep everyone way. Dead serious I'd rather buy-out Campbell.

I can't think of any player except Hubby worth less vs his contract/performance. If Montreal would bite on an Anderson for DuBois swap LA should jump at it. Free up cap space and completely get out of the backend of this contract.
Anderson is worth more and his giveashit meter is at 110% so even if he is not producing he works hard.

Reactions: viceroy

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Kadri been playing good recently. Why you move him?
That's exactly why I move him. He fits a teams window that is trying to contend now, not our window which will open 3 years down the road in our wildest hope, more likely 5-7 years down the road.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
That's exactly why I move him. He fits a teams window that is trying to contend now, not our window which will open 3 years down the road in our wildest hope, more likely 5-7 years down the road.
With the 1st round pick in 2025 likely going to the Habs, does this impact a tear down scenario (like trading Kadri)?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
With the 1st round pick in 2025 likely going to the Habs, does this impact a tear down scenario (like trading Kadri)?
Probably not unless Florida is also bad. That's the disaster scenario. I doubt Florida is bad though, something would have to go really wrong in net or with injuries like with Vegas in 21-22. Montreal likely gets that 2025 Florida pick.

Crazy to think that Montreal got almost as much for flipping Monahan as Buffalo did for Eichel...

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Same thing was said about Monahan. GMs are the definition of dumb and dumber.
That trade absolutely blew me away. I had Monahan pegged at a low 2nd or high 3rd round pick. A 1st and 3rd? That's worse than the Flames trading a 1st and 2 2nds for Hamonic.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
PLD is looking like one of the smellier deals in the league. Huberdeau is worse. Seth Jones is worse. Meier is comparable. No way Montreal trades Andersson straight up for him. You'd need to attach picks/prospects or retain to move him for Andersson.

• Haha
Reactions: BruinsJoe

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
PLD for Josh Anderson probably works for both teams right?
That’s an interesting proposition but would be a hard sell to Hughes as if I remember properly, at the very end of the PLD saga he told Montreal his preferred destination was L.A

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
If you package him with a 1st, you might be able to get future considerations in return.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Its just one bad year and the Habs would have paid him more last summer if they got the chance. Buying low on Monahan worked out for you.
Nothing indicates we would’ve paid more for him last year. It’s not like there was some super bidding war. Hughes listened to what was being requested from Winnipeg and Dubois and bounced. It was the fans and media that were making the most noise. And we dodged a bullet. We didn’t need him last year and we certainly don’t need him now that he’s quit on a third team and floating around.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The killer is the 8 years on his contract. Too much risk for any team to hope he changes his stripes.

What i am unsure about is whether PLD plays the game soft and slow with no heart, and that is his natural inclination or if he just doesn't care.

In both cases, its a huge red flag to any receiving team.

Last edited:

Right Wing

Oct 3, 2020
PLD - 40% retained
Koehn Ziemmer
For
Mangiapane

Either the Quebec boys ( Huby-PLD) can get each other going or it will help Flames in the future with several top 5 picks in the next 7 years

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I actually want to see what Dubois does with a new coach and hopefully a new line mate in Arvidson who’s rumored to be coming back soon. There’s no way Blake is going to fall on his sword at the deadline and trade his prized acquisition from the summer. He’s just too proud of GM to do that.

His only hope is that PLD responds in the second half and makes the trade somewhat salvageable. In my mind the trade is still PLD for Vilardi as Carrie has not done anything at the NHL level, and Iafallo was redundant on our team, taking up 4 million and salary, even though I love the way he plays.

In the long-term, it’s going to break down to Villardi health versus Dubois care factor.

If he does not turn it around and the kings do not turn it around Blake will be gone his gym this summer, and a new jam will have to weigh whether a buyout on Dubois is an option . it will be a major setback to our player depth as we got rid of a lot of depth to acquire Dubois, but freeing up Dubois contract can help us fill positions that we need to fill as it looks like Byfield can easily take over a center role on the team and hopefully fingers crossed Turcotte is back and healthy and maybe another boost at center ice.

Hopefully a fresh start with a fresh coach kicks Dubois into gear. I haven’t seen any physicality out of him, I’ve seen Bree flashes of the scoring process she does have, and if we can get them to play the way, he didn’t Winnipeg. It will boost the morale on the team massively. Not looking for an 80 point player but would love a 60 point player that plays with size

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
PLD - 40% retained
Koehn Ziemmer
For
Mangiapane

Either the Quebec boys ( Huby-PLD) can get each other going or it will help Flames in the future with several top 5 picks in the next 7 years
Ziemmer is the only physical forward in the Kings pipeline. I wouldnt include him in a PLD dump.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That trade absolutely blew me away. I had Monahan pegged at a low 2nd or high 3rd round pick. A 1st and 3rd? That's worse than the Flames trading a 1st and 2 2nds for Hamonic.
I wouIdn't have paid more than a 2nd for Monahan. I am always amazed GMs get paid the money they do for the shit jobs they do.

NoelVilla

Feb 25, 2019
Don't see him getting anywhere if LA doesn't retain a lot and sweeten the deal with picks or prospects.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I wouIdn't have paid more than a 2nd for Monahan. I am always amazed GMs get paid the money they do for the shit jobs they do.
Yes Oilers 2nd would be in the ballpark of what he should have gone for. Even the high end of the ballpark. I thought Seravalli was out to lunch when he said he'd bet his mortgage that Monahan would bring a 1st.

There is a complete lack of centers available in free agency this year. Lindholm will get 9M. Monahan and Henrique will get more than 4. Craziness.

Reactions: McSuper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad