Value of: Dubois

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Don't see him getting anywhere if LA doesn't retain a lot and sweeten the deal with picks or prospects.
I'm not so sure. Some GMs are arrogant enough to think they can turn him around.

This is the third team he's either wanted out or layed an egg. At some point one has to surrender to reality that if it looks like a dead duck. Smells like a dead duck. Its a dead duck.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm not so sure. Some GMs are arrogant enough to think they can turn him around.

This is the third team he's either wanted out or layed an egg. At some point one has to surrender to reality that if it looks like a dead duck. Smells like a dead duck. Its a dead duck.
I don't see any GM taking him on unless they are unloading an equally unpallatable contract with similar term.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Nothing indicates we would’ve paid more for him last year. It’s not like there was some super bidding war. Hughes listened to what was being requested from Winnipeg and Dubois and bounced. It was the fans and media that were making the most noise. And we dodged a bullet. We didn’t need him last year and we certainly don’t need him now that he’s quit on a third team and floating around.

Yeah, the only reason Dubois was a hot topic in Habsland was because it was hoped he would be obtained for cheap due to the rumors about him wanting to play in Montreal only.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah, the only reason Dubois was a hot topic in Habsland was because it was hoped he would be obtained for cheap due to the rumors about him wanting to play in Montreal only.
The only reason it was a hot topic was because PLD through his agent name dropped Montreal as a place he would like to play.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't see any GM taking him on unless they are unloading an equally unpallatable contract with similar term.
I don't think there is an equivilant level of toxic contract.

It's not only that he doesn't produce enough, a news article i posted previously is pointing out that his teamates wanted him out. It appears he's toxic in the locker room too.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't think there is an equivilant level of toxic contract.

It's not only that he doesn't produce enough, a news article i posted previously is pointing out that his teamates wanted him out. It appears he's toxic in the locker room too.
Agreed, which is why he will be eventually bought out by the Kings.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
That trade absolutely blew me away. I had Monahan pegged at a low 2nd or high 3rd round pick. A 1st and 3rd? That's worse than the Flames trading a 1st and 2 2nds for Hamonic.
For clarity, the 3rd is conditional on the Jets winning the Stanley Cup. No Cup, no pick.

No one in the org will care about that 3rd if they win. .

Reactions: GOilers88

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I'm guessing PLD will have a good year for the Kings next season. Why ? I just think he'll decide to play next year, because he will feel like playing harder. And at some point he won't , and you will be back to this. Guy doesn't give a crap about teammates, fans, organization etc. If he " feels" like playing hard he will, and if he doesn't he won't.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Norris and Korpisalo for Dubois and Roy

Yeah you guys should do that. It'll be Yashin 2.0.

Bruins could use this big strong center and PLD learn from great hockey culture...

He'll have Cam Neely tearing his hair out watching PLD limp-dick his way around the ice.

Kadri been playing good recently. Why you move him?

He's a size-queen.

PLD for Josh Anderson probably works for both teams right?

Nope. PLD's a cancer, he's way more expensive and his contract lasts forever. Anderson gives a shit and we'll be out from under his contract in like 3 years.

Buying low on Monahan worked out for you.

Buying? He came free of charge with a gift basket(1st.)

Nah, I'd send Gallagher with Armia instead.

Dude. Another 7 fricking years at 8.5 for Dubois. Armia's done next year and Gally in another 3.

I wouIdn't have paid more than a 2nd for Monahan. I am always amazed GMs get paid the money they do for the shit jobs they do.

Do you think Chevaldayoff paying a 1st for Monahan was a worse decision than Ken Holland signing Campbell to a 5yr/25 million contract?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Wouldn't touch him in Montreal. There's not a realistic trade that I'd accept to bring him here. Don't want his lazy and shitty attitude around our young players. That kind if presence is a virus in the room and can spread like wild fire.

He said LA was the place he wanted to be the most and he can't even muster the passion or effort to get by there. Why would any other team even bother? His name is complete shit around the league. Don't see anybody willing to take this problem off of LAs hands unless they are very significantly compensated.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm surprised how cheap the buyout is. Good on LA to not make the contract buyout-proof. Small mercies I guess.
There is no way LA buys him out this offseason. They will give him another year and when PLD continues to not care, they are sunk.

This is inevitable as Blake won't get himself fired by buying him out.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
There is no way LA buys him out this offseason. They will give him another year and when PLD continues to not care, they are sunk.

This is inevitable as Blake won't get himself fired by buying him out.
Blake will be fired before the buy out window opens this summer so he has no part in the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad