Post-Game Talk: Drouins big return ends up in a Habs loss against Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What I remember was we expected Armia to get $4M+ after that playoff run. There was a fair amount of discussion on that and when he was signed, it was lower than what we expected. He clearly has more to offer but it's just not happening cause he is on the uninspired side.

Yeah, don't remind me that we signed Hoffman and Armia and let Danault walk. Never going to get over that.
I personally think Danault wanted to leave and the way things were handled ensured that.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
clown refs.jpg

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
2 assists in 18 games and getting power play time.
2 more years after this one at 3.4 mil per.

What was Bergevin thinking?
Armia reminds me of the Hawks extending Bryan Bickell after his strong playoff run, then reality set in following season…

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I personally think Danault wanted to leave and the way things were handled ensured that.

Yeah, he did want to leave cause media, fans, and even Bergevin miss managed his performance and potential. It's still stupid cause the problem is we undervalued him. Not everyone but a lot of people in the Habs herd.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah, he did want to leave cause media, fans, and even Bergevin miss managed his performance and potential. It's still stupid cause the problem is we undervalued him. Not everyone but a lot of people in the Habs herd.
Mismanaged his performace?

How?

He was by far the most used player the last 4 years of his career here. He's playing the exact same role he is in Los Angeles right now, except with better insulation (Kopitar) and he also gets to play PP.

But let's not act like he wasn't appreciated here.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Armia is the most frustrating player on the current roster, he can be so much more.
I don't know why he is so inconsistent but I think he's better against big defensemen, when puck protection is not conditionned by his own reaction time, and when he is able to actually control the puck. He's a good asset for a playoff run but pretty useless in Montreal right now.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
You sure? Cause I am pretty sure he called out late period penalty in the first (which was Xhekaj I believe) and Curvy Duck. I understood he was annoyed at his team for at these 2.
He was honest enough to say Dach can’t take the misconduct, but the rest of the « show » he put on post-game was like watching Torterella calling out the refs in fewer words ;) Some guy in La Presse thought the same this morning. He kept repeating « did you watch the game? » and biting his lip lol

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He was honest enough to say Dach can’t take the misconduct, but the rest of the « show » he put on post-game was like watching Torterella calling out the refs in fewer words ;) Some guy in La Presse thought the same this morning. He kept repeating « did you watch the game? » and biting his lip lol
So Marty is an actor, on top of his other talents? Nice.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Armia is the most frustrating player on the current roster, he can be so much more.
Wow ! You wrote that really ? .... Really ? Lol
How many years it took for many of to see how frustrating this player is? I mean, I saw a player with so many tools when he's on his game. I mean, this player have everything : speed, size, puck protection, power of his shot, winning battles in corner and some hockey IQ. But what's happening with him? Where is all those qualities gone 19 games out of 20? What's happening with him? Does he need a psychologist? I mean, he is a bigger mystery than the big bang theory or the secret of the Caramilk.

But another secret is why posters here just realise he's frustrating and not giving enough. A player like Evans we can understand because he seems fragile and weak like Tory Mitchell was. But Armia no, he's built like a Sierra pick-up with the 5,7 liter Vortec engine.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Good to have Drouin back.

I never ever criticize officials because I think it's over done and completely whiney.. but they were brutal tonight.
Criticizing officials doesn’t accomplish anything anyways. If the Habs want changes to how referees are evaluated or how they call games, it won’t happen at a coach’s post game presser.

At least Marty didn’t speak to it in more overt terms. It’s up to Marty to remind reporters that he’d rather take questions about factors that the team actually has control over.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Mismanaged his performace?

How?

He was by far the most used player the last 4 years of his career here. He's playing the exact same role he is in Los Angeles right now, except with better insulation (Kopitar) and he also gets to play PP.

But let's not act like he wasn't appreciated here.
He wasn't appreciated here. There were posters on his case everyday. The game threads were bashing every shifts because he didn't scored. He was badly bashed in OT if he was on 3 vs 3. I was one of the rare to defend him. Me, Habs Halifax and few others. It was hard for me, I received tons of cheap shot comments. But I didn't care. I've been raised in the most toxic family the QC province has produced so these comments were nothing for me.

I was happy for Danault to leave the toxic Habs team. Owned by a stupid beer owner rich by his heritage. Managed by a stupid bully typical quebecois style who doesn't recognise the talent he have in his hands. And he reward Armia and Evans instead of Danault. He gave way too much to Price and Gallagher. He signed Hoffman and Dvorak. He did the Sergachev-Drouin trade. Signed Drou way too much money even if he hasn't showed he deserved that amount of money and term. He replaced Markov by Alzner, etc.

Danault is at the right place. He's in a team who drafted Kopitar, Doughty and Quick. It's a team who won two Stanley Cups. It's a city of high tech, intelligence, money, movies, television, beaches and high skilled people in every domains. Montreal to compare with is a place of losers. Sorry about Montreal but this city is on a decline. The province is falling because it's aging, it's taxes struggling, it's drugs problems, mental illness and a dark future.

I'm happy for Danault. Good for you Phil! Tu vas avoir du fun a LA, lâche pas! :yo:

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The trouble with all those vets is that not one can shoot straight. They either miss the net like Armia or aim for the crest like Anderson. If they scored on half their chances, would make a huge difference.

Reactions: Runner77

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
That lost is a blessing for the rebuild
Hopefully OTT finish up in front of us

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At least a few get it.
All for inflating the stats of vets to make them easier to move but some judgment should still be exercised. Not all vets deserve the ice time, it hinders the meritocracy approach that looked to be in place and it robs upside rookies of ice time and experience.

Is it worth giving a lug like Dadonov ice time just to hope that instead of 6-7th round pick, he might garner a 5th? A whole season of undeserved minutes, for that?

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If he wanted to leave the way things were handled then he wanted to flee Bergevin. How did that work out?

If management was the cause of his departure, I suspect that the current management group might have offered ample reason for him to stay.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad