Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
To Van:
Draisaitl
2nd Round Pick

To Edmonton:
Bo Horvat
Chris Tanev

Oiler Fans?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Rather have Dion then all of them. Big, Strong on the puck Centers are as rare as #1 all around Dmen.

MacKinnon in particular I would not touch. His first four seasons is basically a clone of RNH's first four seasons (Nuges were a bit better in PPG in fact).

RNH gets **** on as a bust all the time but they were only drafted two years apart.

No clue why McKinnon get's such leway.

Yeah I 100% agree. Mackinnon is closer to Nuge than he is to Draisaitl. Nevertheless, I would kill for any of them on the Canes.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
To Van:
Draisaitl
2nd Round Pick

To Edmonton:
Bo Horvat
Chris Tanev

Oiler Fans?

It's not a bad offer, but they don't need defensive D-men, and I don't think that they want to move a potential franchise center within the division to a rival. If that was coming out of conference I think they'd consider it.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Oilers and Avs have video game trade potential. A framework around

Draisaitl
RNH
Nurse

For

Mackinnon
Duchene
Barrie

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No, no I don't think anyone was.

I honestly wouldn't do a 1-for-1 as I think they are about the same level of player, let alone add.

Why would EDM downgrade for no bonus? They are the same age, yet Nylander is smaller, bring less offense, a weaker two-way game, has less experience at the NHL Level, and has far less experience as a center at the NHL level.

Draisaitl is worth significantly more than Nylander. Toronto wouldn't only have to add, they'd have to add a very nice piece.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
To Van:
Draisaitl
2nd Round Pick

To Edmonton:
Bo Horvat
Chris Tanev

Oiler Fans?

It's fair ish value but I wouldn't trade Draisaitl in-division for fair ish value.

He'll get signed at 7.5 - 8 and next offseason we get Fayne off the books, Korpikoski's buyout gone, and I'm guessing RNH or Sekera get moved for cheaper options depending on how Strome looks, the readiness of Puljujarvi / Yamamoto, and whether our young defencemen are ready to fill in.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Draisaitl
RNH
Nurse

For

Mackinnon
Duchene
Barrie

Again with absolutely no disrespect intended to Avs fans but why in the hell would a 100 point team trade three key pieces for three key pieces from the worst team in the league? There's just no point to that deal for Edmonton.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why would EDM downgrade for no bonus? They are the same age, yet Nylander is smaller, bring less offense, a weaker two-way game, has less experience at the NHL Level, and has far less experience as a center at the NHL level.

Draisaitl is worth significantly more than Nylander. Toronto wouldn't only have to add, they'd have to add a very nice piece.

Yep, absolutely zero interest from Edmonton's POV in a Draisaitl for Nylander trade. Same with Marner.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Lol Draisaitl is becoming the most overrated player in the league. Marron scored 27 goals playing with McJesus, I wonder how many points Draisaitl would have without the wonder boy.

Gachenyuk plus Price signed 8 yeaars with 4M retained is in the McDavid value territory.

in before McDavid is worth the whole habs organisation plus its 24 cups

Maroon only had a 7% increase in point totals from his career year before this one. His goal totals shot up, but as a whole, his offensive output increased from a 39 point pace in 2014-2015 to a 42 point pace in 2016-2017 with McDavid. So McDavid increased his goal totals, as he is an excellent playmaker, but he doesn't spike point totals like everyone claims. Take Draisaitl away from McDavid this past season and I'd expect about 20G, 50A for 70 points total. Not a huge drop, but since McDavid increased Maroon's totals by 7%, we can round up a bit and say Draisaitl loses 10% of production, and falls to 70 points.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Again with absolutely no disrespect intended to Avs fans but why in the hell would a 100 point team trade three key pieces for three key pieces from the worst team in the league? There's just no point to that deal for Edmonton.

I thought the whole point of trading Draisaitl was that he could be too expensive to keep. Another need for the Oilers is a RHD.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Hmm, what would you think of something like this:

To Edm: Simmonds + Patrick
To Phi: LD + Pulj

Oilers get an ELC center with #1/2 potential and a stud power forward (damn they'd be tough to okay against) and Flyers get what SHOULD be (provided Patrick doesn't go ape **** on the league and turn out better than LD) and a young scoring winger.

Well, the more I think about it I don't think I'd do it from our end

No way, if Puljujarvi was in the 2017 draft he would have gone 1st OA. And Simmonds only has 2 years left. If I was Chia I wouldn't consider that for 1 second.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Maroon only had a 7% increase in point totals from his career year before this one. His goal totals shot up, but as a whole, his offensive output increased from a 39 point pace in 2014-2015 to a 42 point pace in 2016-2017 with McDavid. So McDavid increased his goal totals, as he is an excellent playmaker, but he doesn't spike point totals like everyone claims. Take Draisaitl away from McDavid this past season and I'd expect about 20G, 50A for 70 points total. Not a huge drop, but since McDavid increased Maroon's totals by 7%, we can round up a bit and say Draisaitl loses 10% of production, and falls to 70 points.

Jason Gregor - local sports radio host in Edmonton - threw out this stat the other day:

Of Draisaitl's 77 points, only 25 had direct involvement (G or A) from McDavid. So 52 points with no McDavid influence whatsoever.

Now when you factor in that if he wasn't playing with McDavid - say we ended up 2nd in that draft and got Eichel instead, or maybe 3rd and he was playing C with Eberle on his RW for example - it's pretty safe to say he's a 60+ point player in his own right.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I thought the whole point of trading Draisaitl was that he could be too expensive to keep. Another need for the Oilers is a RHD.

MacK + Duchene + Barrie is over 17 million dollars coming back. There's no money saved at all. Frankly I have no interest at all in Barrie at 5.5, that's too much for a 2nd pairing guy and we're already paying Sekera that. Duchene has been sliding downhill for years and I really don't want to gamble that he'd put it back together.

Finally the forwards are a wash at best and I think Nurse still has a ton of value.

Not a better team long term, not a better team short term, and we save no money. Ergo no point.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I think I entered a time machine back to the summer of 2014, but there was a malfunction that caused the word "MacKinnon" to be changed to "Draisaitl".

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Jason Gregor - local sports radio host in Edmonton - threw out this stat the other day:

Of Draisaitl's 77 points, only 25 had direct involvement (G or A) from McDavid. So 52 points with no McDavid influence whatsoever.

Now when you factor in that if he wasn't playing with McDavid - say we ended up 2nd in that draft and got Eichel instead, or maybe 3rd and he was playing C with Eberle on his RW for example - it's pretty safe to say he's a 60+ point player in his own right.

Yeah that is interesting, and if you took him off McDavid's line, he would still be with another good top 6 guy, it's not like its either McDavid or AHL plugs. I think he could easily get 65+ points as the 2C, not mention even as the 2C he would still spend significant time with McDavid on the PP, so I don't see how his points would drop that much. There is a video on youtube of all 29 of Drai's goals, and I noticed about halfway through how few of them were passes from McDavid. I curious how many of those 25 points were on the PP, as they have this 2 quarterback system, where they basically do a mini cycle between the 2 of them around the hashmarks near the half-wall until they can find a lane. I feel that most of those points that Draisaitl got from McDavid would be on the PP.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan

Draisaitl
RNH
Nurse

For

Mackinnon
Duchene
Barrie

Duchene > RNH
Barrie > Nurse

Draisaitl and Mack are interesting. Both only have 1 great season under their belts.

Colorado declines.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Duchene > RNH
Barrie > Nurse

Draisaitl and Mack are interesting. Both only have 1 great season under their belts.

Colorado declines.
Barrie and duchene don't matter because they will be too old/ufas before Colorado does anything while nurse could fit into their timeline of hopefully getting better one day.

Hopkins contract will probably run out before the aves are a cup threat tho

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
MacK + Duchene + Barrie is over 17 million dollars coming back. There's no money saved at all. Frankly I have no interest at all in Barrie at 5.5, that's too much for a 2nd pairing guy and we're already paying Sekera that. Duchene has been sliding downhill for years and I really don't want to gamble that he'd put it back together.

Finally the forwards are a wash at best and I think Nurse still has a ton of value.

Not a better team long term, not a better team short term, and we save no money. Ergo no point.

Probably saving 1-2 mil per year on Mack vs Draisaitl
Duchene is 2 less years than RNH for same price
Barrie is better than Nurse who is a 3rd pairing guy and due for a raise soon.

I just might pull the trigger on that it was the Oilers. A far fetched trade to be sure.

The Avs should do it to start a new core. Part of the bigger danger of the **** show in Colorado that should bother Avs fans is the potential losing culture wearing off on Mack, Rantanen, Zadorov, etc.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Duchene > RNH
Barrie > Nurse

Colorado declines.

Duchene only has 2 years left, even so, he is worth a little more than RNH. Although they both had bad seasons.

I'm not sold on Barrie over Nurse, Nurse is a recent 7th OA who has all the physical tools, made great strides this last year, and just turned 22. Barrie turns 26 in 2 weeks. Barrie will always be superior offensively, but Nurse would have more value to Colorado than Barrie would.

Draisaitl>Mack.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Probably saving 1-2 mil per year on Mack vs Draisaitl
Duchene is 2 less years than RNH for same price
Barrie is better than Nurse who is a 3rd pairing guy and due for a raise soon.

I just might pull the trigger on that it was the Oilers. A far fetched trade to be sure.

The Avs should do it to start a new core. Part of the bigger danger of the **** show in Colorado that should bother Avs fans is the potential losing culture wearing off on Mack, Rantanen, Zadorov, etc.

Colorado might not even have Zadorov back, he's apparently got a deal in place in Russia and is trying to squeeze Sakic.

No, that deal is just way too much money coming back. Nurse will get a raise but he won't sniff 5.5 - 3 at the most. RNH I think gets traded for a cheaper option next offseason, and Drai > MacK.

I'm really not a big fan of Duchene and never have been, and his play last season was atrocious. Someone else can try to bring him back.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I think Drai-Barkov would be a good swap. FLA adds more offense, EDM more defense.

I would be weary of MacKinnon, but that swap isn't a terrible deal, Drai was able to work with McDavid because of his very high hockey IQ, Mackinnon's biggest weakness is his IQ, I don't think he would mesh with McDavid all that well.
Wrong. You think Draisaitl's scoring rate is going to stay the same playing for Florida? You put Barkov on Edmonton his scoring rate probably increases.
Then Barkov is already signed long term, which Draisaitl isn't. So we would give up a franchise center for a center that may or may not produce more offense, and that's it, that's why we're making the trade? Yeah, no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad