Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Just want to say I really like the pieces themselves which is why I responded to your trade. If this was Simmonds 3 years ago with 5 years remaining on his contract at that cap hit... I would do this trade.

Patrick and Pulujarvi are still uncertain commodities... they will definitely both be NHL players but not sure what they will become. Patrick > Puljujarvi at this point but in my mind 8 years of Draisaitl >>> 2 years of Simmonds.

If he is a young 3rd pairing Dman with a 1.713 AAV (includes bonuses) still a RFA... how is he exactly due a big raise... unless you are saying "he is due a big raise" because he is actually more than a 3rd pairing D but you just don't want to say that because you want to hide your true feelings about his actual value.

Draisaitl is not going anywhere but...

Anyone saying Draisaitl is only riding on other coattails... stop watching highlights and reading boxscores... stay up past 9PM (in your local time zone) and watch some Oiler games before passing on your valuations of a player.

Oiler fans... other teams are not going to trade away their player of equal or very close to equal players when they have them locked into very good contract and LD is asking north of $8M AAV. Cross Barkov off the list.

Fans of other teams... the Oilers will not trade LD for one or a combination of expiring contracts, of players who will be UFAs. The main piece of this trade should be a low end 1C or high end 2C who has a long term contract (or will still be a RFA at the expiration of their current contract) with a reasonable cap hit. The secondary piece of this trade would be a higher end unproven blue chip prospect.

Truly, if the Oilers were to move LD, the only thing the Oilers should be targeting is a RHD with puck moving skills and long term contract as the main piece or potentially only piece.

Parayko
Vatanen+ ??? ... Rakell? (would obviously have to add a decent piece to LD... Bear/Jones? to balance the positioning)
Gostisbehere++ ???
Hamilton+ ... Flames fans, don't bother responding... we aren't trading LD to the Flames. ;)
Trouba+ ???... Laine? kidding... Connor? (would need to add to LD... Bear/Jones? to balance the positioning)
Barrie++ ???
Jones
McAvoy+ (might be a bit early for this one but I really like this player)
Dumba+

The trades above do not necessarily make sense for the other teams from a position or cap perspective but this is the type of value return that I personally feel the Oilers should be looking for, if they were trading away LD. I obviously rate LD quite highly which is why I would pay LD $64M/8 years. I watched him play every game in his NHL career, not just watched highlights and boxscores. I do watch a lot of NHL hockey, but admittedly, I have not watched the other players listed above as I have of LD. :)

I wouldn't move Drai where the main piece coming back is Barrie, Dumba, Vatanen, or Gostisbehere. I would take Jones/Parayko swap or a Hamilton/Trouba + deal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn't move Drai where the main piece coming back is Barrie, Dumba, Vatanen, or Gostisbehere. I would take Jones/Parayko swap or a Hamilton/Trouba + deal.

Agreed. If Edmonton moves Drai and the best piece coming back is a defenceman in the Dumba/Vatanen caliber, they deserve every ounce of criticism that they get.

Just ****ing sign him. :laugh: sick of all these garbage offers. Seems to be absolutely endless reasons the Oilers will never get full value for anyone they trade.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Agreed. If Edmonton moves Drai and the best piece coming back is a defenceman in the Dumba/Vatanen caliber, they deserve every ounce of criticism that they get.

Just ****ing sign him. :laugh: sick of all these garbage offers. Seems to be absolutely endless reasons the Oilers will never get full value for anyone they trade.

I'm not sure what kind of offers you were expecting, but yes Edmonton should just shut up and sign him.
If you can't see the obvious reason you likely wouldn't get full value in a trade like this, I don't know what to tell you. Playing the woe is me card is not cute.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm not sure what kind of offers you were expecting, but yes Edmonton should just shut up and sign him.
If you can't see the obvious reason you likely wouldn't get full value in a trade like this, I don't know what to tell you. Playing the woe is me card is not cute.

21 years old, #1 C on half the teams of the league. Just finished 8th in league scoring. No, there's no good reason at all Edmonton shouldn't get full value.

Option 1: Sign the man.
Option 2: a trade Edmonton can't say no to.

That's it that's all.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
21 years old, #1 C on half the teams of the league. Just finished 8th in league scoring. No, there's no good reason at all Edmonton shouldn't get full value.

Option 1: Sign the man.
Option 2: a trade Edmonton can't say no to.

That's it that's all.

Yes he's very good. That's besides the point.
There really is no option 2. If Edmonton doesn't want to pay him, why would another team give up " full value" and then pay him? There's really only 1 option that ensures the oilers come out happy. Pay him.

If they trade him, something has gone horribly wrong.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes he's very good. That's besides the point.
There really is no option 2. If Edmonton doesn't want to pay him, why would another team give up " full value" and then pay him? There's really only 1 option that ensures the oilers come out happy. Pay him.

If they trade him, something has gone horribly wrong.

There we'd agree. IMO the only way they trade him is if he signs an offer sheet over 10M. They'd match, play out the season, then figure it out next offseason.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I think Kyle Turris would be a great fit in Edm behind CM however I realize LD would cost more than just Turris alone.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think Kyle Turris would be a great fit in Edm behind CM however I realize LD would cost more than just Turris alone.

Also consider he's a pending UFA and his cap hit won't be anywhere near as nice once his current deal expires. As of right now Edmonton would have to look at Turris as a rental.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
There we'd agree. IMO the only way they trade him is if he signs an offer sheet over 10M. They'd match, play out the season, then figure it out next offseason.

I think a more realistic worry would be a 5 year offer sheet worth 8.5-9mil per. Not only is it expensive, it takes him right to UFA.

No one is going to do something over 10 million.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Nah man, according to SubbanMemento we're only drawing blanks to think that an offer sheet is the only way to get someone like Draisaitl.

We should instead trade Pacioretty+Galchenyuk+Gallagher+1st for him.

again just post the trade that you in your expert opinion gets us Draisaitl

its been days now

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
again just post the trade that you in your expert opinion gets us Draisaitl

its been days now

Nah, you got my last post deleted. Don't fish for excuses. I said we don't have anything to trade Draisaitl other than an offer sheet (if a gun was pointed to my head I think Galchenyuk + Gallagher is enough value for someone who'll command 8.5m++ per season). I've mentioned the offer sheet being our likely only option multiple times already. But I'm done discussing with you.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
If forced to trade, the Oilers could use a Draisaitl-ish talent at most any position. A little less so at LW and LD. Trading for a cheaper C doesn't make much sense with McDavid/RNH covering the top6 and no RW worthy of playing on the 1st line.(even 2RW is iffy)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If forced to trade, the Oilers could use a Draisaitl-ish talent at most any position. A little less so at LW and LD. Trading for a cheaper C doesn't make much sense with McDavid/RNH covering the top6 and no RW worthy of playing on the 1st line.(even 2RW is iffy)

We've got Puljujarvi and Yamamoto in the pipe now. I don't see RW as much of a need anymore - all we need to do is wait.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Nah, you got my last post deleted. Don't fish for excuses. I said we don't have anything to trade Draisaitl other than an offer sheet (if a gun was pointed to my head I think Galchenyuk + Gallagher is enough value for someone who'll command 8.5m++ per season). I've mentioned the offer sheet being our likely only option multiple times already. But I'm done discussing with you.

i don't think you know what fishing for excuses is i backed up my original proposal which you keep saying is most etcetcetc ever but you're unable to specifically make a trade I'm making 0 excuses id still trade chucky and pacioretty for draisaitl Edmonton doesn't want them

when you say my proposal is ridiculous I think you ignore Pacioretty's future cost

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
i don't think you know what fishing for excuses is i backed up my original proposal which you keep saying is most etcetcetc ever but you're unable to specifically make a trade I'm making 0 excuses id still trade chucky and pacioretty for draisaitl Edmonton doesn't want them

when you say my proposal is ridiculous I think you ignore Pacioretty's future cost

You said you would trade Pacioretty AND Galchenyuk AND Gallagher AND a 1st for Draisaitl alone. It is ridiculous because we'd be so ****ed. I would trade Pacioretty elsewhere for another trade to patch something up, but EDM has like 0 need for him anyway (like I would trade Pacioretty+ to BUF for Reinhart).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad