Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
of course he doesnt. it equals out that backstrom is the better piece (currently) and gives us caps space to sign Drai

The Oilers won't take a contract back that they don't want in a Draisaitl trade. Find another way to unload Orpik.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You are accurate with Duchene being lesser, but Seguin and Mackinnon? Probably not.

See where I said a big fat no from Dallas . I said that because value is close but Draisaitl has the size that a team could want . MacKinnon I watched in Halifax and I agree it close but I would take Draisaitl over him .

MacKinnon + Barrie + 2nd for Russell + Draisaitl . Not going to happen as we just overpaid a little to resign Russell for a year or 2 too long

zar

Bleed Blue
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Not a C, but both teams trade from strength to fill their respective lineup

:habs

Leon Drasaitl
Anton Slepychev

:edmonton

Max Pacioretty
Brendan Gallagher
Tomas Plekanec (50% retained)

Both possible lineups after trade

:edmonton

Pacioretty-McDavid-Gallagher
Lucic-RNH-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Plekanec-Strome
Jokinen-Letestu-Kassian

:habs

Drouin-Draisaitl-Galchenyuk
Hudon-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron-Shaw-Hemsky
Slepychev-Mitchell-McCarron
Holland/Martinsen

As a Habs fan... I take EDM's lineup way before ours :(

So 2 years from now... Oilers have Gallagher for 2 more years and the Canadiens have Draisaitl and Slepyshev for 6 more years each? :huh:

If Patches gets to play with McDavid for 2 years and he exceeds his current production... he will be asking for the moon... as much as Draisaitl is said to be asking for today. The only reason we would trade Draisaitl is due to cap constraints starting a year from now.

At the cost of Draisaitl, Pacioretty makes no sense for the Oilers.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
how about they go back in time and stop themselves from re-signing kris russell so they have money for their actual talent?

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Pacioretty + Galchenyuk ? Oilers get two top 6 players earning cheap contracts.

If the Oilers are looking to open up cap space, they wouldn't trade a guy who could potentially make 8 Million for 2 guys making a combined total of 9.4 million next year...

One of the few players I'd be okay giving up Chabot for

Chabot+Turris/Brassard+3rd(don't have a 2nd)?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Yeah he is still a hell of a player but in 4 years, carter could be completely done and Draisaitl could be a Kopitar like Center for another decade. Poor asset management trading them for each other even with a pretty big + going back to Edmonton.

But yeah I don't see them trading within the division anyways.

That's really dependent on where the respective teams see their window, isn't it? A trade like that can work.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
The boy is not in any position to 'demand' 8mil bucks. He can go play in Germany for a while and see how he likes it.

Its true he is a budding star, but hes not worth that and probably will never be truly known if he is his own man as long as he is in Edmonton so he has to eventually accept 7mil superstar 2nd liner money at most.

If he can prove he is Mc Davids version of Geno ..........then he can talk. Until then, shut up.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The boy is not in any position to 'demand' 8mil bucks. He can go play in Germany for a while and see how he likes it.

Its true he is a budding star, but hes not worth that and probably will never be truly known if he is his own man as long as he is in Edmonton so he has to eventually accept 7mil superstar 2nd liner money at most.

If he can prove he is Mc Davids version of Geno ..........then he can talk. Until then, shut up.

Sign a 1 or 2-year deal at a moderate price and see how he plays. After that, decide whether to sign him a multi-year, albatross contract or not.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Pacioretty + Galchenyuk ? Oilers get two top 6 players earning cheap contracts.

Where is the C I asked for in the OP ? Don't try and sell Galchenyuk as a C . I am not buying it . Then there the cap . Those 2 make more then it would cost to sign Draisaitl so we would just keep him

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
An extension would have to be negotiated, but I would do something crazy like:

Turris (with extension)
Brown
Choice of Ceci, Claessen, Harpur, Englund, Wideman,

Not sure it would be enough though.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
You sure? Neon Dion Leon sounds pretty cool. :laugh:

deion-sanders-signed-si-cover-5873.jpg

He needs to make it to another pro league on top of the NHL to be Neon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad