Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think Galch could easily pot 35 g 30 a on McDavid's wing. That plus his lower salary makes me think he could be a centerpiece for Drai. Not sure what Mtl could add.

For a hockey trade from Canes I would offer Pesce plus Rask. Rask isn't a 1C but a good 2C with a good 2 way game and Pesce is a great shutdown RD. I don't know where value like es up but I think it improves Edm on ice.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
In order to land Drai via offer sheet you'll need to be in the 4 first round pick $. So that's Galchenyuk as 1 x first rounder plus 3 more.

Galchenyuk is worth one first? Are you being sarcastic the under rating of Galchenyuk on HF boards is disgusting and the overrating of Draistle is just as bad.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
I think Galch could easily pot 35 g 30 a on McDavid's wing. That plus his lower salary makes me think he could be a centerpiece for Drai. Not sure what Mtl could add.

For a hockey trade from Canes I would offer Pesce plus Rask. Rask isn't a 1C but a good 2C with a good 2 way game and Pesce is a great shutdown RD. I don't know where value like es up but I think it improves Edm on ice.

A lot.

The biggest issue with the Oilers trading for Galchenyuk is that they don't need him at all.

They already have RNH who is the same player but better defensively.

I don't know that much about Pesce as the Canes are likely the team I watch the least so I won't comment much on the Carolina offer but it looks better than some of the offers I have been seeing. Still, I would imagine IF Drai gets traded, there is another budding superstar going back to Edmonton which I can't see.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Soooo you're saying if he wants anymore than 8 mill aav, absolutely must trade him asap, but at 7.8 million aav, hes a no brainer to re-sign and any suggestion other wise is garbage.

Interesting.

Where did you read this ? When I say at 8 + million I am talking 8.5 or more . Until Draisaitl proves he can put up big points centring his own line I don't want no part of him at 8.5 or 9 million .

Most Oilers fans still list him as the top RW . If he at 8 he better become a 1B C and be able to carry that line . He did it in the playoffs but the did it all year against the Ducks . We seen player do well against 1 team in the pass amount to very little . He needs to bring it against all teams

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
:shakehead

Draisaitl also played really well 2 years ago when he was with Hall. As well as the first half of last year when he wasn't stapled to McDavids wing. Also in the playoffs he outplayed McDavid in the games that they didn't play together. Also had a much better JR career than Galchenyuk (not that it matters much but it shows that Drai, who is 2 years younger, has always been a better player)

But the point I was making is that (Galcehnyuk ++++) is what it would cost Montreal to get Draisaitl because he is not available. The Oilers hold him in the highest regard. Unlike Galchenyuk who the habs were trying to get rid of 2 weeks ago (even though they lack Center Depth).

The Habs just don't have the pieces to get it done without adding "several first round picks"

Why would Edmonton trade him for less than that when 29 other teams would love to have him while many of the teams, unlike the habs, could actually offer something of substance?

Again I am not suggesting what Montreal would pay, Im just suggesting what it would take to trade him to the habs, and even then, I doubt Edmonton would trade him for Galchenyuk +++

More than any other Oiler except Lucic and Letestu, Draisaitl's powerplay points make up a huge part of his overall scoring, and he played a lot on the top unit with McDavid all season, even before they were linemates, and his 27 PP points were most on the team. Even last year, over a third of his PP time was with Connor.

Leon has been my favourite player for years, but McDavid has had a major affect on his production, and that stretches beyond the time they were linemates this past season.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
More than any other Oiler except Lucic and Letestu, Draisaitl's powerplay points make up a huge part of his overall scoring, and he played a lot on the top unit with McDavid all season, even before they were linemates, and his 27 PP points were most on the team. Even last year, over a third of his PP time was with Connor.

Leon has been my favourite player for years, but McDavid has had a major affect on his production, and that stretches beyond the time they were linemates this past season.

I would argue that they made each other better players. Obviously McD is the star, but he doesn't get 100 points without Draisaitl.

Its not easy getting chemistry with McDavid. Everyone thought Hall, Eberle and Lucic would all explode playing with him. Draisaitl is smart enough to make it work where others have failed.

You want to keep that chemistry around. Even if they both Center their own lines, Its always good to have the option of playing them together in a pinch or on the PP.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Pass. Rask is much closer to RNH than to Draisaitl and while Pesce will be a solid middle pairing guy for a long time, those aren't pieces you move a guy like Draisaitl for.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
A lot.

The biggest issue with the Oilers trading for Galchenyuk is that they don't need him at all.

They already have RNH who is the same player but better defensively.

I don't know that much about Pesce as the Canes are likely the team I watch the least so I won't comment much on the Carolina offer but it looks better than some of the offers I have been seeing. Still, I would imagine IF Drai gets traded, there is another budding superstar going back to Edmonton which I can't see.

Huh? Galchenyuk is a very different player. Galchenyuk at the least, has pure sniper ability. One of the best shots in hockey. Putting him on McDavids wing would be insane. He could hit 40 goals.

Montreal would need to add, but that also depends on what Draisaitl signs for.

3 years of Galchneyuk at 4.9 vs 6 years of Draisaitl at 10m? We'd probably also be willing to throw in Juulsun and a 1st, but don't think we go higher than that.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just throwing it out there, McAvoy for Drai? Have a hard time believing Edmonton would say no.

Why don't we let McAvoy play an NHL season before we go putting him in the same category as Draisaitl?

Right now he's just a good prospect that had a good playoff showing. Edmonton would and absolutely should say no.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Huh? Galchenyuk is a very different player. Galchenyuk at the least, has pure sniper ability. One of the best shots in hockey. Putting him on McDavids wing would be insane. He could hit 40 goals.

3 years of Galchneyuk at 4.9 vs 6 years of Draisaitl at 10m? We'd probably also be willing to throw in Juulsun and a 1st, but don't think we go higher than that.

I'd be beyond disappointed if Draisaitl was traded for a struggling forward, a prospect and a 1st.

If that's the best offer available, Leon should be kept.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Just throwing it out there, McAvoy for Drai? Have a hard time believing Edmonton would say no.

I have an easy time believing they say no.

As for trading Draisaitl for the next McDavid's winger, what purpose that serve? Maybe he hits 40 goals, maybe he holds McDavid back with his inconsistent play, nobody knows. This just doesn't make sense when the Oilers are looking for that center position to fill.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Edmonton shouldn't consider that offer. Immediate significant downgrade + meh futures, and Galchenyuk has barely played C at the NHL level.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Huh? Galchenyuk is a very different player. Galchenyuk at the least, has pure sniper ability.
One of the best shots in hockey. Putting him on McDavids wing would be insane. He could hit 40 goals.

Nuge has a very underrated shot but thats not my point. By saying they are practically the same player I mean that they are both underachieving 2nd line Centers that are about the same age and trade value.

40 goals? Please. Everyone said the same thing about Hall and Eberle who are way smarter than Galchenyuk.

Players need more than a decent shot to keep up with McDavid. I don't see how replacing Drai with Galchenyuk helps the Oilers whatsoever. Regardless of how many magic beans are added.

And no, Draisaitl is not going to get $10M, especially if he only signs for 6 instead of the rumoured 8 years. My guess is $7.8 * 8years

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Horvat and Tanev would be my offer from the Canucks.

I think that's an overpayment by the Canucks, but also a poor deal from a strategic standpoint

The point of adding Draisaitl is to build around a 1-2 punch of LD and Horvat

Same goes for Colorado and MacKinnon

SENSational1

Sep 26, 2015
Gatineau, Quebec
Sens wouldn't mind upgrading centre position.

Brassard or Pageau, Ryan, Brown, and a 1rst round pick

For

Draisaitl signed

These are always hard, please don't be too rough on me.

SENSational1

Sep 26, 2015
Gatineau, Quebec
If the Oilers had the money to acquire Ryan, they would just sign Draisaitl.

Was just going by OP: "If Draisaitl wants more then 8 million" If he was 9 or 10 million,
Ryan would be 2-3 million cheaper.

Would you consider another higher cap player from ottawa? All i can think of is Dion (7mil) and Macarthur(4.6mil)

-If we would be able to offload either Dion or Ryan somewhere else, which would allow us to offer something for Draisaitl free of one of those contracts, what else would have to be added to the trade:

Brassard or Pageau, Brown, and a 1rst round pick

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Was just going by OP: "If Draisaitl wants more then 8 million" If he was 9 or 10 million,

Would you consider another higher cap player from ottawa? All i can think of is Dion (7mil) and Macarthur(4.6mil)

-If we would be able to offload either Dion or Ryan somewhere else, which would allow us to offer something for Draisaitl free of one of those contracts, what else would have to be added to the trade:

IF Draisaitl was being traded, that wouldn't be a terrible offer. It would depend what other teams are offering. I am a big fan of Brown. (although I thought he would have had a better season this year)

The problem with trading 1 valuable player for a bunch of smaller parts is the team who gets the best player often wins the trade. If the Oilers were still rebuilding, this type of a trade might make sense.

Personally though. I feel he signs for 8M a year at most. Therefor, unless a team is offering a top pairing RHD, I would just keep him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Not good enough. No incentive for Edmonton to do this.

I don't see Edmonton and Ottawa as good trade fits anyway.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

I'd want Pesce plus Staal from Car.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad