Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Well I would have no problem giving up Greg Nemisz (Calgary selected him with Montreals first round pick), Louis Leblanc, Jarred Tinordi and Nathan Beaulieu. Those were the 2008 - 2011 picks. 4 consecutive busts or nearly busts (Beaulieu). Even McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen and Sergachev (the 2013-2016 picks) would be fine to give up for Draisaitl. So giving up 4 first rounders might not hurt that much.

On the flip side of that you have the Vanek offersheet, where the Sabres could have received 4 first rounders that would have ended up as:

2008, 12th overall: Tyler Myers
2009, 10th overall: Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
2010, 1st overall: Taylor Hall
2011, 1st overall: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

That would have been a massive mistake for the Oilers.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
One of the strangest offer-sheet stories in NHL history has to be the Flyers offer-sheeting Chris Gratton. This is a fun read.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...rs-History-The-Gratton-Affair-Begins/45/45933

In the end, it boiled down to Tampa Bay deciding not to match, the Flyers giving them their 1st round picks in 98, 99 ,00 , and 01 and then Tampa Bay trading the picks back to Philly immediately for Mikael Renberg and Karly Dykhuis.

The four 1sts became..

98 - Simon Gagne
99 - Maxime Ouellet
00 - Justin Williams
01 - Jeff Woywitka

What I can't figure out is how Clarke was able to convince Esposito to trade back the four 1sts for Renberg and Dykhuis.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Do fans thing before posting this garbage ? Edmonton matches and happily keeps him if that is the AAV

Soooo you're saying if he wants anymore than 8 mill aav, absolutely must trade him asap, but at 7.8 million aav, hes a no brainer to re-sign and any suggestion other wise is garbage.

Interesting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The + would have to be several first round draft picks.

That's BS! The amount of devaluing on Galchenyuk on these boards is ridiculous. If the situation was reversed and Galchenyuk played with McDavid and Drai played with the Habs you would be saying this... Drai, +, + for Galchenyuk.

I'm not saying Galchenyuk = Drai. However, adding multiple 1st on top of Galchenyuk is insane! Get real

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
That's BS! The amount of devaluing on Galchenyuk on these boards is ridiculous. If the situation was reversed and Galchenyuk played with McDavid and Drai played with the Habs you would be saying this... Drai, +, + for Galchenyuk.

I'm not saying Galchenyuk = Drai. However, adding multiple 1st on top of Galchenyuk is insane! Get real

:shakehead

Draisaitl also played really well 2 years ago when he was with Hall. As well as the first half of last year when he wasn't stapled to McDavids wing. Also in the playoffs he outplayed McDavid in the games that they didn't play together. Also had a much better JR career than Galchenyuk (not that it matters much but it shows that Drai, who is 2 years younger, has always been a better player)

But the point I was making is that (Galcehnyuk ++++) is what it would cost Montreal to get Draisaitl because he is not available. The Oilers hold him in the highest regard. Unlike Galchenyuk who the habs were trying to get rid of 2 weeks ago (even though they lack Center Depth).

The Habs just don't have the pieces to get it done without adding "several first round picks"

Why would Edmonton trade him for less than that when 29 other teams would love to have him while many of the teams, unlike the habs, could actually offer something of substance?

Again I am not suggesting what Montreal would pay, Im just suggesting what it would take to trade him to the habs, and even then, I doubt Edmonton would trade him for Galchenyuk +++

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Draisaitl also played really well 2 years ago when he was with Hall. As well as the first half of last year when he wasn't stapled to McDavids wing. Also in the playoffs he outplayed McDavid in the games that they didn't play together. Also had a much better JR career than Galchenyuk (not that it matters much but it shows that Drai, who is 2 years younger, has always been a better player)

But the point I was making is that is what it would cost Montreal to get Draisaitl because he is not available. The Oilers hold him in the highest regard. Unlike Galchenyuk who the habs were trying to get rid of (even though they lack Center Depth).

The Habs just don't have the pieces to get it done without adding "several first round picks"

Why would Edmonton trade him for less than that when 29 other teams would love to have him and, unlike the habs, could actually offer something of substance.

Again I am not suggesting what Montreal would pay, Im just suggesting what it would take to trade him to the habs, and even then, I doubt Edmonton would trade him for Galchenyuk +++++

I wonder what Galchenyuk's numbers would look like playing with Hall and McDavid? BTW, Galchenyuk does fit the thread description.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
I wonder what Galchenyuk's numbers would look like playing with Hall and McDavid?

Probably pretty crappy because he is not that good of a player.

I wonder why the habs are trying to get rid of him if he is so good?

He is a Center and they need Centers. Shouldn't they want to keep him?

Also if Galchenyuk had any real trade value he would have been traded by now. Nobody wants him because he isn't that good.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

But the point I was making is that (Galcehnyuk ++++) is what it would cost Montreal to get Draisaitl because he is not available. The Oilers hold him in the highest regard. Unlike Galchenyuk who the habs were trying to get rid of 2 weeks ago (even though they lack Center Depth).

Why would Edmonton trade him for less than that when 29 other teams would love to have him while many of the teams, unlike the habs, could actually offer something of substance?

Again I am not suggesting what Montreal would pay, Im just suggesting what it would take to trade him to the habs, and even then, I doubt Edmonton would trade him for Galchenyuk +++

Chai didn't want to trade LD (and package, with Leon being the focal point of the package) for Subban, why would he for Galchenyuk, one for one? Especially, after a season where Leon increased his value immensely compared to last year and is coming off a season (2nd full season) where he eclipsed Galch's best year by 21 points

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Probably pretty crappy because he is not that good of a player.

I wonder why the habs are trying to get rid of him if he is so good?

He is a Center and they need Centers. Shouldn't they want to keep him?

Also if Galchenyuk had any real trade value he would have been traded by now. Nobody wants him because he isn't that good.

- Galchenyuk is only 23 and has already reached 60 points level (+/-).

- Galchenyuk is a great offensive center but needs to work on the defensive part. Hard to say if he figures that part of the game out or not. Regardless if he is a center or not, he's a serious young talent in the NHL. Get real!

- Habs are not trading Galchenyuk becuase were giving up on him. We would entertain the idea of trading him (with other pieces), if it meant we got a legit #1C.

Don't confuse yourself about the Galchenyuk rumors and his true value. "He's worth at least 10 times more than you think he's worth" See how exaggeration works? ;)

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia

- Galchenyuk is a great offensive center but needs to work on the defensive part. Hard to say if he figures that part of the game out or not. Regardless if he is a center or not, he's a serious young talent in the NHL. Get real!

- Habs are not trading Galchenyuk becuase were giving up on him. We would entertain the idea of trading him (with other pieces), if it meant we got a legit #1C.

Don't confuse yourself about the Galchenyuk rumors and his true value. "He's worth at least 10 times more than you think he's worth" See how exaggeration works? ;)

No he hasn't.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

56 points is his career high...he did it once. Hes a 40-50point player to this point. Leons scored 51 and 77 that last 2 years...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Chai didn't want to trade LD (and package, with Leon being the focal point of the package) for Subban, why would he for Galchenyuk, one for one? Especially, after a season where Leon increased his value immensely compared to last year and is coming off a season (2nd full season) where he eclipsed Galch's best year by 21 points

You can't use your opinion of what the trade negotiations were with Subban as fact and then compare it to Galchenyuk to support your new opinion. Circumstances are always different too!

Drai, and "package" for Subban. What was the package in your opinion? I'm curious?

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
59pts (pro rated over 82 games last year). He also had 23pts in 25 games before his injury last season too.

Your picking up some really good errors of mine aren't you? Good job buddy

Well why don't we just call Draisaitl a 100 point scorer then?

He got 16 points in 13 playoff games. Prorated over 82 games is 100 points.

Nobody would do that. A player scores as many points as they score and Galchenyuk is not a 60 point guy.

IF the Habs want a player who isn't available and don't have the pieces to get it done they would have to add big time or there is no incentive for the Oilers to make that deal. Many teams would offer more than Galchenyuk so if the habs wanted him they would have to offer way more.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I think Kyle Turris would be a great fit in Edm behind CM however I realize LD would cost more than just Turris alone.

I think Kyle Turris would be a great fit in Edm behind CM however I realize LD would cost more than just Turris alone.

Both valid points. I see Turris getting around 7-8 million on his next contract for 5-6 years. If LD is asking 10 million, I could see EDM flipping him over RNH for depth or positional needs. Turris probably isn't a need when you have a combo of McDavid/RNH though. Only thing Turris brings over RNH is experience, longevity, and track record (experience aside, only marginally). But again, on his new contract, Turris is going to make more than RNH so maybe Edmonton isn't too desperate to win being so fresh off their rebuild.

Ottawa's got a big decision to make coming up. No way Karlsson takes less than 11 IMO.

EK getting traded in his prime would never happen. He'll either take a max contract and spend his best years on an underachieving team, or gamble on the team by taking ~11.5 million and hope we can surround him with a decent roster. He deserves a max contract by all means, after performing at double his value for the last 3-4 years. The difference is, will he sacrifice two million a year for possibility of better cracks at a championship.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

I'm not saying Galchenyuk = Drai. However,
adding multiple 1st on top of Galchenyuk is insane
! Get real

No it wouldn't . Montreal will be a good team as long as they have Price in net so those first have very little value to a team like the Oilers . Adding 2 or even 3 first don't get it done . We would need an add that can play and make a difference in the NHL the day of the trade .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad