Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
21 years old, #1 C on half the teams of the league. Just finished 8th in league scoring. No, there's no good reason at all Edmonton shouldn't get full value.

Option 1: Sign the man.
Option 2: a trade Edmonton can't say no to.

That's it that's all.

Where has he proved to be a #1C on half the teams? Teams are taking a risk that he will become a #1 if they were to put out a huge offer sheet or trade back a young, #1c, but until he plays a season at Center, you can't keep calling him a #1C, especially on half the teams. You don't even know if he's going to stick at Center or be moved to the wing on the Oilers.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Where has he proved to be a #1C on half the teams? Teams are taking a risk that he will become a #1 if they were to put out a huge offer sheet or trade back a young, #1c, but until he plays a season at Center, you can't keep calling him a #1C, especially on half the teams. You don't even know if he's going to stick at Center or be moved to the wing on the Oilers.
1/3rd of the teams I would be comfortable with sticking him at center

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Terrible for Ottawa.

Are we talking McDavid here, because if it isn't McJesus, that is one hell of an overpayment.

Drai is a great young player, but he is quickly becoming the most overrated guy in these trade threads.
Maybe but the allure for us, to get an actual number 1 guy is pretty great:nod:

Nov 1, 2011
Really not a bad offer . Would hurt to see him in a Nucks uniform . I guess the bashing we received over the years from Canucks fans makes it hard to deal with them . Too bad Tanev is injured so much or this would be a real nice deal for both teams

I'd do it as a Nucks fan.

Tanev probably doesn't miss as much time for a team that doesn't rely on him so heavily and is so inept offensively.

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
To :habs
Leon Draisaitl

To :edmonton
Alex Galchenyuk
one of Artturi Lehkonen or Phillip Danault or Jeff Petry or Brendan Gallagher (750.000 retained)
Noah Juulsen
1st round pick in 2018

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
To :habs
Leon Draisaitl

To :edmonton
Alex Galchenyuk
one of Artturi Lehkonen or Phillip Danault or Jeff Petry or Brendan Gallagher (750.000 retained)
Noah Juulsen
1st round pick in 2018

Personally, I hope Draisaitl stays in Edmoton and forms a dynasty team with McDavid.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Ridiculous. Why would we sacrifice assets if we have to add several 1st round picks?

I counter with an offer sheet of $7.75M X 5 years. We lose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd and keep our assets in case Edmonton declines to match.
They will match
And Bergevin is not the kind of GM who would offersheet he wants to be loved by everyone

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
They will match
And Bergevin is not the kind of GM who would offersheet he wants to be loved by everyone

The Oilers would probably match. The basis was more aimed at the statement from Lenny, saying we'd need to add several 1sts to Galchenyuk.

I do think anything over what I was offering would be an over payment. Even at $7.75, you're really close to the danger zone.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Just for ***** and giggles, does Kuznetsov interest you? Signed for $7.8mm/year for the next 8 years. If you want to make things really interesting, package Carlson in there as well. Isn't RD a need for Edmonton?

:edmonton

Evgeny Kuznetsov
John Carlson

:caps

Leon Draisaitl
??

Backstrom seems more logical. 3 more years at 6.7.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Ridiculous. Why would we sacrifice assets if we have to add several 1st round picks?

I counter with an offer sheet of $7.75M X 5 years. We lose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd and keep our assets in case Edmonton declines to match.

Why would Edmonton accept less than that? After trading Sergachev, the Habs don't have many assets they would be willing to move that would satisfy the Oilers in trading such a valuable asset.

Im looking at it for the Oilers point of view because I'm an Oilers fan. Why would they trade a far superior Center if the other team doesn't make it worthwhile? Is Gally even a Center? He's not a very good one if he is.

Even adding 2 1st round picks to Galchenyuk would not move the dial one bit.

There are 29 other teams who would offer a better offer than just Gally and a first. Therefor it would take a much bigger offer to trade him.

And your offer sheet is laughable. Edmonton matches immediately and sends Bergevon a gift basket in the process. If Drai was willing to sign that offer sheet he would have signed with Edmonton by now.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Why would Edmonton accept less than that? After trading Sergachev, the Habs don't have many assets they would be willing to move that would satisfy the Oilers in trading such a valuable asset.

Im looking at it for the Oilers point of view because I'm an Oilers fan. Why would they trade a far superior Center if the other team doesn't make it worthwhile? Is Gally even a Center? He's not a very good one if he is.

Even adding 2 1st round picks to Galchenyuk would not move the dial one bit.

There are 29 other teams who would offer a better offer than just Gally and a first. Therefor it would take a much bigger offer to trade him.

And your offer sheet is laughable. Edmonton matches immediately and sends Bergevon a gift basket in the process. If Drai was willing to sign that offer sheet he would have signed with Edmonton by now.

Lets see the proof of what Chiarelli is offering.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Lets see the proof of what Chiarelli is offering.

I don't think there is "proof" on the web. Chia keeps negotiations close to his chest.

Rumor is he is asking for a lot more than $7.75, I think chances are good he signs right around $8 but for 8 years.

If I am Draisaitl, I would prefer to sign for 8 years to get maximum value and I would stay away from an offer sheet unless you know it won't be matched. Which would be closer to $10M a year than $7.75 IMO

He doesn't want to come into Edmonton as public enemy number 1 and unfortunately that is the reality of an offer sheet in the NHL. Especially if he struggles. Edmonton has run a lot of players out of town for less.

Also if I am not mistaken, Quebec has higher provincial taxes than Alberta so that would save him some serious $ on a massive contract to just sign in Edmonton if he cares so much about $

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Why would he sign that offer-sheet? If that's all he wanted, Oilers would be jumping for joy. If he signs an offer, you better believe you're giving up 4 first round picks.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Draiatls best stats are as a winger or with Taylor Hall playing LW. Bit of a stretch to assume he's a #1 center.

Oiler fan here agrees with you. Need to see more before I decide that Drai can carry his own line at Center

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

In order to land Drai via offer sheet you'll need to be in the 4 first round pick $. So that's Galchenyuk as 1 x first rounder plus 3 more.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
In order to land Drai via offer sheet you'll need to be in the 4 first round pick $. So that's Galchenyuk as 1 x first rounder plus 3 more.

Galchenyuk plus 3 1sts makes zero sense, might as well add an extra 1st and keep Glachenyuk. At this stage in his career, anything over $7.75 is an over-payment.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Galchenyuk plus 3 1sts makes zero sense, might as well add an extra 1st and keep Glachenyuk. At this stage in his career, anything over $7.75 is an over-payment.
That's the problem with offersheets you're gonna have to overpay for teams to not match

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
That's four 1st rounders, but its probably worth it from Montreal's perspective.

Well I would have no problem giving up Greg Nemisz (Calgary selected him with Montreals first round pick), Louis Leblanc, Jarred Tinordi and Nathan Beaulieu. Those were the 2008 - 2011 picks. 4 consecutive busts or nearly busts (Beaulieu). Even McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen and Sergachev (the 2013-2016 picks) would be fine to give up for Draisaitl. So giving up 4 first rounders might not hurt that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad