Prospect Info: Draft Thread | Oilers Select 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidAnger

Sep 12, 2015
Edmonton
I wouldn't be surprised if Tkachuk climbs to 3rd on the draft day....

I just can't see Columbus passing on Puljujarvi - their GM is a Finn and so is their head scout.

And it's always been talked about the top 3 and then a drop off.

I'd be happy if Tkachuk jumped up leaving us Puljujarvi at 4th - that doesn't happen, I hope the pick is traded.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Did Cherry have his Marlies jacket picked out before the draft results? I smell a conspiracy

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Why do you guys like Hamonic so much? 4th overall pick >> Hamonic. He's good but not worth a top 5 pick.

If I were the Oilers, I'm calling Bergevin everyday and trying to get Subban. 4th overall + RNH/Drai gets you Subban + Juulsen if Bergevin and Therrien are stupid enough to trade him.

I don't think most people here would trade 4OV for Hamonic.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.

Chychrun is fine... at 7 or lower. Apparently he's dropped out of even the top 10 on some teams' lists.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Sergachev at 4, it's a no brainer. Voted best dman in the OHL yesterday, 3rd in OHL rookie scoring and defenceman scoring. He's a stud IMO. Reminds me of OEL in a lot of ways.

alberta2

Jan 12, 2010
Trade #4 and get a C who can win face-offs and a lower pick. Then trade that pick for Hamonic/Vatanen etc. Those guys aren't worth 4 overall. Turn the pick into more assets and guys who can help now.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Just listening to Chiarelli on CHED just now -- he was quite adamant that he could trade the pick / move down in the order to address D issues and pick up additional assets. Just listening to his words... I'd say it's unlikely we draft at #4.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Who says he has to be 3C Hall-RNH-Draisaitl

Problem with that is, Leon is a better center than Nugent Hopkins is. It was already kinda evident this year, it will be more obvious by next year.

RNH has some skill, but he's on the soft side of things.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
If he's dropped that low ... should we really be banking on him to be our d-corps savior?

I wouldn't be. Great physical tools, a somewhat questionable IQ. Reminds me of someone on the current roster, in the top 6 actually. Chychrun can play 25+ minutes though, and chip in occasionally on the offensive side. If he ends up being a poor man's Bouwmeester, is that so horrible? Again though, it's entirely subject to what Chiarelli does, and how he approaches it, in addressing the terrible defence we have.

Chychrun should not go at 4 though.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I wouldn't be. Great physical tools, a somewhat questionable IQ. Reminds me of someone on the current roster, in the top 6 actually. Chychrun can play 25+ minutes though, and chip in occasionally on the offensive side. If he ends up being a poor man's Bouwmeester, is that so horrible? Again though, it's entirely subject to what Chiarelli does, and how he approaches it, in addressing the terrible defence we have.

Chychrun should not go at 4 though.

The first dman off the board will be Sergachev I can almost guarantee it. He might be voted most oustanding dman in the CHL this year. I personally think Provorov wins it, but it could go to Sergachev.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Problem with that is, Leon is a better center than Nugent Hopkins is. It was already kinda evident this year, it will be more obvious by next year.

Being better at face offs does not make him a better Centre.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory

Whoa, man... let's remember that Draisaitl absolutely disappeared after the unconscious first 30 games he had. Disappeared. He looked gassed, he looked uninspired at times, and I am still not sold yet. RNH has 300+ games of experience, has hit 50+ pts. in 3 and was on pace to do so this year in spite of what many consider a down year, and has shown the defensive conscience and saavy that Draisaitl, frankly, has not. Anyways, this is off topic.

4th is going to get traded and we will not be drafting at this spot, I think, in light of Chiarelli's interview right after.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
The only way Chia makes this pick is if he can't get fair value for it.

We are improving our team now not in 2 or 3 years. Pick will be traded. I would do 4th for Hamonic in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad