Prospect Info: Draft Thread | Oilers Select 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Wow, Tkachuk has 16 goals and 33 points in 14 playoff games.

If we don't trade the pick, I have a problem seeing an issue with him.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

Unless the deal for a top pairing dman, I would rather make the pick. Tkachuk is going to be a good player, and fills a need in terms of grit in the top 6.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
How much of a factor does playing with Marner and Dvorak play in his production? Doesn't he play on a line with them? Just curious, I don't watch London.

Edit: talking about Tkachuk

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I was flipping back and forth whether it would be nicer to just not win and enjoy the lack of hate or win and improve the team.

Now that it's done I am happy with how the draft went.

Would have been nice if Toronto didnt get first but all three eastern conference teams and two of them Canadian is very cool.

And hopefully the league can lay off of us for awhile.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Would the Islanders take the 4th for Harmonic? Would WE do that?

Hamonic does not bring the puck moving ability we need. He can break out just fine, but does not possess that offensive dimension to offer up 4 on a platter like that. Besides which, it is known he wants to be somewhere else besides his current location -- why offer more than you need to?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No Hamonic for the 4th. Hamonic is not a good enough player. We need an offensive PP QB back there, Hamonic has scored over 30 points once in his career. He's a career no.2 guy. Solid, but not worth that high of a pick.

If we're moving the pick we need to really get our needs back there sorted out.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

And he plays a very pro style game, lots of his goals come from in close. Not saying that he'll be better than Laine, far from it, but I think he'll have a smoother transition to the pros.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
No Hamonic for the 4th. Hamonic is not a good enough player. We need an offensive PP QB back there, Hamonic has scored over 30 points once in his career. He's a career no.2 guy. Solid, but not worth that high of a pick.

If we're moving the pick we need to really get our needs back there sorted out.

Do that then trade Eberle for Vatanen, sign Demers, buyout Fayne

Klef - Hamonic
Sekera - Vatanen
Davidson - Demers
Nurse - Reinhart

I'm comfortable with that going forward personally.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.Please don't pick Chychrun.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I could see the Jackets taking Dubois just an elite 2 way center is what they need. But Jarno is Finnish so is Pulju so there's that

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not by itself but the fourth and a guy like Davidson and or Yak "should" get the job done.

yeh or it could be Hamonic + NYI 1st for the 4th overall..

who knows what the GMs value him at.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I was flipping back and forth whether it would be nicer to just not win and enjoy the lack of hate or win and improve the team.

Now that it's done I am happy with how the draft went.

Would have been nice if Toronto didnt get first but all three eastern conference teams and two of them Canadian is very cool.

And hopefully the league can lay off of us for awhile.

Do this many people still think Winnipeg is in Atlanta, or...?

Don't even really care about Toronto winning, but getting bumped by Winnipeg is terrible.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Do this many people still think Winnipeg is in Atlanta, or...?

Don't even really care about Toronto winning, but getting bumped by Winnipeg is terrible.

Ah damn forgot about Winnipeg being in the central.

Ah well, I like Winnipeg and think they needed it. At least they are not in our division.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Yeah are we sure we don't want Dubois? He looks good, and big.

That is who I want for #4 if we keep our pick.

I honestly don't think it matters who we take at 4. Everyone is good but not great in the next tier.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Who do we pick with the 4th overall pick (Post- Lottery)

So the Edmonton Oilers are picking 4th overall which could be really nice for us actually. I'm inclined that it definitely makes sense taking Jakob Chychrun here, and I'm from London and have seen Olli Juolevi play and he is great, but I like the "Drew Doughty" like playing style that Chychrun offers.......

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why do you guys like Hamonic so much? 4th overall pick >> Hamonic. He's good but not worth a top 5 pick.

If I were the Oilers, I'm calling Bergevin everyday and trying to get Subban. 4th overall + RNH/Drai gets you Subban + Juulsen if Bergevin and Therrien are stupid enough to trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad