Prospect Info: Draft Thread | Oilers Select 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
He moves around the ice a lot like Rick Nash. Shot is definitely a beast. Slight concern that a lot of his goals come when he's got a tonne of space. He's not going to have that kind of space in the NHL. Going to be an adjustment period there for sure I think.

It all depends on his hockey sense. He's got the tools for sure. At times I think he looks a bit Jagr-y.

I agree, he isn't going to have that space in the NHL.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think we will run out of luck this time around
Expecting us to drop out of the top 3

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Odds are most likely for the Oilers picking 4th. I just don't want Calgary and/or Vancouver to leap frog us.

Anyone but Calgary, I can live with. Ideally, if we were to drop to 4 I'm hoping that all of the teams ahead of us are in the Eastern Conference

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Anyone but Calgary, I can live with. Ideally, if we were to drop to 4 I'm hoping that all of the teams ahead of us are in the Eastern Conference

I could live with Calgary a lot more easily than I could Toronto, to be totally honest. McDavid vs Matthews, Draisaitl vs Bennett, Hall vs Gaudreau, that would add a lot of fire to the Battle of Alberta for the next 10 years, and we'd get to watch those pairs go toe to toe five times a year.

Toronto fans and their media are so damn obnoxious. I want them to drop to 4 in the worst way. :laugh:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I could live with Calgary a lot more easily than I could Toronto, to be totally honest. McDavid vs Matthews, Draisaitl vs Bennett, Hall vs Gaudreau, that would add a lot of fire to the Battle of Alberta for the next 10 years, and we'd get to watch those pairs go toe to toe five times a year.

Toronto fans and their media are so damn obnoxious. I want them to drop to 4 in the worst way. :laugh:

To me, in a perfect world an none of Toronto, Vancouver, or Calgary end up ahead of Edmonton in the draft. Maybe something like this:

DjyIexR.png

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Calgary will get the 1st pick. We get the 2nd and Vancouver gets the 3rd. It will be the next best 15 years of our lives with us being on top every single season.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

I hate 'em both. I'd rather the Flames feel our level of suck for the next decade for all the **** they've talked to us over the years. They deserve our fate. Leaf fans, and media are incredibly obnoxious, they can eat it too.

Tbh, Vancouver winning wouldn't bother me as much. Of course I'm hoping we win, or Buffalo, Arizona, Columbus, or another meh team wins. Montreal, and Winnipeg winning would kill me too.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
His name is an absolute ***** to spell anyway :laugh:

Well, if not him, what goalie would you pick with our first 3rd? I'd like to see it go:

1st: Forward
2nd: Best RHD still on the board
3rd: Best goalie or forward on the board
3rd: Best forward or goalie on the board
Remainder: BPA.

I've liked Sawchenko when I've seen him play, Gustavsson was quite good for Sweden in the U-18s, and Berdin is really interesting. They'd all be good picks in the 3rd IMO.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Bold prediction: Fabbro will be the best defenseman selected in this draft

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
This is incredible

(Warning, also kinda loud and potentially seizure inducing)

Jun 9, 2011
I'm ok with Vancouver getting first, or Arizona. I want Matthews in the west. We get 5th because we used all our luck for McDavid, and that's ok with me. Even if Calgary gets 1st, I want all the stars here to keep the media and fans awake for our games. :)

northern2020

Nov 23, 2003
I'm still sitting here the night before thinking we are spoiled.

Last year Saturday Draft day was on the annual boys ski trip and after a day at Lake Louise my Nuck fan bro and I head back to Hidden Ridge for a Hop Manna IPA + SmokeHead Scotch warm up.

Told my homeboy if we win drinks on me all night.

Start counting down the draft positions and when they got to #3 Bill Daley fumbled the card a bit and I knew we won McJesus.

As he turns the golden card I'm screaming on the balcony

"We just won Connor McDavid - do you hear me? The Edmonton Oilers won Connor McDavid!!"

Hit the Rose and Crown with a super buzz and scotch and soda all night running the pool table for hours.

5th best day of my life post 4 kids...

Night before I'm feeling lucky!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad