Prospect Info: Draft Thread | Oilers Select 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
If oilers cant win I think Buffalo and Vancouver are most deserving. Buffalo signficantly improved upon last year and Vancouver won big games down the stretch vs teams like LA and Anahiem when their fans were mad they should be tanking.

#3 might be lucky again.

Toronto has utterly no shame like Buffalo last year riding Sparks for dead last. Would love to see them drop to 4.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm still sitting here the night before thinking we are spoiled.

Last year Saturday Draft day was on the annual boys ski trip and after a day at Lake Louise my Nuck fan bro and I head back to Hidden Ridge for a Hop Manna IPA + SmokeHead Scotch warm up.

Told my homeboy if we win drinks on me all night.

Start counting down the draft positions and when they got to #3 Bill Daley fumbled the card a bit and I knew we won McJesus.

As he turns the golden card I'm screaming on the balcony

"We just won Connor McDavid - do you hear me? The Edmonton Oilers won Connor McDavid!!"

Hit the Rose and Crown with a super buzz and scotch and soda all night running the pool table for hours.

5th best day of my life post 4 kids...

Night before I'm feeling lucky!!

yeah honestly I feel like we already won the war when it comes to the lotteries. This draft is nice, but nothing like the last one. If we won this lottery, any of the 3 really, I feel like the result won't really affect the team that much unless we can figure out a trade. Even then, we have plenty of trade chips, so the stakes of this lottery are not big at all. So the lottery becomes either about getting a decent addition we don't really need, or just to have a trade chip. It's like a spec compared to what winning McDavid was like.

Meanwhile, I got to feel for teams like Arizona, Carolina and even Toronto, where winning this lottery would be a breath of life into those clubs.

Last edited:

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
We are so winning this! Imagine a 1-2-3 punch of McDavid-Matthews-Draisatl

I guess that makes RNH expendable!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If oilers cant win I think Buffalo and Vancouver are most deserving. Buffalo signficantly improved upon last year and Vancouver won big games down the stretch vs teams like LA and Anahiem when their fans were mad they should be tanking.

#3 might be lucky again.

Toronto has utterly no shame like Buffalo last year riding Sparks for dead last. Would love to see them drop to 4.

We do not want Toronto, nucks, Flames or Sabres to win

northern2020

Nov 23, 2003
If we won I'd trade down to #2 with their best asset (D-Man) for the #2 and take Laine.

Trade Ebs for Hamonic, keep Yak and try for

UFA Lucic, Stamkos, Demers

Trade Hall for Subban

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Gonna be dreaming of the meltdown that will occur tomorrow morning.

Too much chatter about winning it again. If you believe in Karma last year we down in the dumps realing from another disastrous season and nobody thought we would win it. This year the opposite. Everyone talking smack and we are over due some bad luck in the draft.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Oilers pick 1st, Leafs fall to 4th, and this site is obliterated.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Played the lottery once:

1. Oilers (2-8-6-11, Oilers had 1 possible combination left after the first three numbers, the Leafs had 6 lol)
2. Blue Jackets (8-2-11-3)
3. Sabres (12-5-9-13)

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Played the lottery once:

1. Oilers (2-8-6-11, Oilers had 1 possible combination left after the first three numbers, the Leafs had 6 lol)
2. Blue Jackets (8-2-11-3)
3. Sabres (12-5-9-13)

I just ran it 14 times in a row with the Oilers not getting a top 3 pick once. Arizona got the 1st 4 times tho....The rigging has begun! :laugh:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I took Sawchenko in my draft too, just in the 5th round :laugh: I wouldn't be at all against drafting a couple goalies this year.

I thought seriously about Kyrou, but I know someone in the Greyhounds organization that loves Boris Katchouk to the moon and back. High quality kid on and off the ice, tireless work ethic, and his teammates love him.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Katchouk. I started a thread on him in the prospects forum before anyone at all was talking about him. If he falls to our 3rd I would most likely take him but I think he's gone before that. Been ranked in the late 1st round by many scouts so I'd assume he's at least going to be taken at some point in the 2nd.

Kyrou checks off a lot boxes and he'd give us a legit top6 RW prospect for the future where both Yak and Ebs might be gone. Good to have one of those in the system.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
ChSs51CVEAEvp7e.jpg

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I'll be shocked if we keep the pick. Some good players available at 4, all Fwds. Not that we don't need prospects but we need to win, like NOW.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
The only reason we keep the pick is because the expansion is a thing and prospects have that much more value. That said maybe that's why we can trade it for a 1D.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I like John Shannon interview with Chia this afternoon. Chia sounded very impressed with Tkachuk.

If they cant get the right deal I think Chai picks him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad