Prospect Info: Draft Thread | Oilers Select 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Ironically if the lottery is rigged like all the leaf fanboys speculate - Edmonton will probably win it and trade it to Arizona.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I hope the Oilers have your luck. I just ran it 5 times. We finished 5,5,4,4,4:amazed:

lol, statistics are clumpy, thats for sure.... i just ran it 14 times, and montreal won it 4 of the times, more than anybody else, and picked 3rd 2 other times

people need to be prepared for something weird, like boston picking 2nd overall

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
First try. I'll take it

picture.php

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yah he's saying trade McDavid...You're just being a smart ***, His logic isn't flawed at all. If Drai can bring in a top defender and Nuge can only bring in a #3 then maybe Drai should be traded if the deal is right. Drai looked good for 30 or whatever games and then completely disappeared, it's risky but his value could be at its highest right now. I would rather trade Nuge but if someone calls up and says "I'll trade you OEL (just an example) for Drai, yak and a 2nd (yes OEL would cost more) but I have no interest in Nuge" then you really think about it.

But anyways this isn't the trade thread so let the draft talk continue.

For those who don't know him, Falkovsky would be a very interesting pick in the 4th round. Rather draft him there than Stanley in the 2nd.

Thanks for having my back, haha. And I agree. You keep all non-McDavid options on the table (happy?), and take the deal that gets you the best quality dman. Because that's what we really need. I could see a bunch of lesser, but good, parts working okay, but I'd really, really like to get a true number 1 if at all possible.

But that's for the trade thread. To get back on topic - I really respect your opinion on prospects, so I wanted to get your thoughts on this: what do you think of the difference between Laine and Puljujarvi? I mentioned this a few times in the Matthews vs Laine thread, but I just don't get the hype about Pulju. I see the size and raw talent, but it's very raw to me. He's a fast skater, good backchecker, good effort, but to my eyes, from everything I've watched, he's really lacking in puck skills. I'm not impressed by his stick handling, passing, or shooting. They're not terrible, but they're inconsistent at best, and it's this lack that makes him far worse of a pick than Laine to me. Especially on a team like the Oilers with a huge track record of failing to develop promising first rounders. The example I keep thinking of is that he's a better version of Magnus Paajarvi to me.

Thoughts? Am I completely off base here? To be clear, I do think he's an impressive prospect, just not nearly as good as the hype would suggest from all the film I've watched of him.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
So I was looking into aerial advertising rates for Toronto today. Would it be feasible for HF Oil members to all chip in on a "troll banner" should we win the lottery on Saturday? There are pretty reasonable rates and at $5 per member I think it would be hilarious and probably receive national media attention.

What would the message on the banner be?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
So I was looking into aerial advertising rates for Toronto today. Would it be feasible for HF Oil members to all chip in on a "troll banner" should we win the lottery on Saturday? There are pretty reasonable rates and at $5 per member I think it would be hilarious and probably receive national media attention.

No interest in this at all. We'd come off looking like *******s for no reason.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

"Better luck next year!" "Thanks for coming out and being a good sport" "Blame Kessel" "Save the salt, its the lottery's fault"

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

No interest in this at all. We'd come off looking like *******s for no reason.

Can we just get a Tambo troll face on it? That would be hilarious.

Think I might have to have a Tambo troll face avatar at the ready in case we win.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
"Better luck next year!" "Thanks for coming out and being a good sport" "Blame Kessel" "Save the salt, its the lottery's fault"

That last one is gold!

I was thinking, "It's okay Toronto, maybe your balls will drop next year!"

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
That last one is gold!

I was thinking, "It's okay Toronto, maybe your balls will drop next year!"

Rofl, We could always just fly a banner with the "Congratulations you played yourself" meme "Don't worry, were trading the pick anyways" "Okay, NOW you can change the rules"

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So why has Chychrun fallen (according to McKenzie)? Didn't he have a great last 1/2 of the year and playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad