Prospect Info: Draft Thread | Oilers Select 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Could Max Jones fall to our second round pick, and if so would that actually be a decent pick? Or would there be better options available.

he would fill a need for sure for a tough modestly talented winger who isn't afraid to stand up for his team mates and mix it up. i just hope he isn't Mitch Moroz 2.0 though.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
he would fill a need for sure for a tough modestly talented winger who isn't afraid to stand up for his team mates and mix it up. i just hope he isn't Mitch Moroz 2.0 though.

Jones already has more offense to his game than Moroz ever did.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
If we do win the lotto, it opens up so much for us. I don't like the rumor in Edmonton Journal of Hall & Klefbom for Subban. I say keep the pick, good-bye RNH, Ebs, and Yakupov. Big change, but look what St. Louis just did to Chicago. Size wins

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
oh god he's only about a month late on the whole Matthews-for-OEL bandwagon that has since exploded and then imploded. The Yotes aren't destroying their team just to bring the home town superstar home.

You would be surprised what ownership will do to fill seats and sell merch.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Kinda hoping Arizona wins the lottery and then picks Laine.

You thought the Steve Kelly/"DOAN! DOAN!" chants were bad. :laugh:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
If we do win the lotto, it opens up so much for us. I don't like the rumor in Edmonton Journal of Hall & Klefbom for Subban.

It wasn't a rumour, and there's no need to worry about it. Dreger basically said in his opinion, something like that just wouldn't happen from an Oiler perspective.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I actually had a dream last night about the lottery, and in it the top 3 selections were:

1. Columbus
2. Calgary
3. Edmonton

Thought it was weird, since I NEVER dream about hockey stuff, as much as I've been a lifelong Oiler fan. Yet this dream came out of nowhere.

It obviously wouldn't be the ideal result, but I'd for sure not complain. And to see Toronto finish 30th overall but drop out of the top 3 draft selections and picking 4th, that would be so amazing.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I actually had a dream last night about the lottery, and in it the top 3 selections were:

1. Columbus
2. Calgary
3. Edmonton

Thought it was weird, since I NEVER dream about hockey stuff, as much as I've been a lifelong Oiler fan. Yet this dream came out of nowhere.

It obviously wouldn't be the ideal result, but I'd for sure not complain. And to see Toronto finish 30th overall but drop out of the top 3 draft selections and picking 4th, that would be so amazing.
Maybe it's premonition.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Kinda hoping Arizona wins the lottery and then picks Laine.

You thought the Steve Kelly/"DOAN! DOAN!" chants were bad. :laugh:

Yeah, that's not happening. We should have a thread where we pick the top three and see if someone can nail them.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Laine and Tappara have just won the championship. He scored a goal in the game and created scoring chance after scoring chance. He was also named the MVP for the playoffs, quite the accomplishment.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
A few months ago I didn't really care if the Oilers won the lottery but now I hope they do. The crying and outrage is hilarious and pathetic.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
A few months ago I didn't really care if the Oilers won the lottery but now I hope they do. The crying and outrage is hilarious and pathetic.

Again, the perfect storm would be the Oilers winning the lottery and the Leafs finishing 4th.

Because then the new rules will have done exactly what they were supposed to, punish people who were tanking, the Leafs, and reward teams who had a terrible year because of circumstances, the Oilers.

The meltdown would be just amazing. Nice part is that it would probably cause people to lose jobs.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Again, the perfect storm would be the Oilers winning the lottery and the Leafs finishing 4th.

Because then the new rules will have done exactly what they were supposed to, punish people who were tanking, the Leafs, and reward teams who had a terrible year because of circumstances, the Oilers.

The meltdown would be just amazing. Nice part is that it would probably cause people to lose jobs.

Dare to dream Jimmi, dare to dream.

If the Leafs got the 3rd pick I think you'd be hearing a lot about how Pulju is underrated and will actually be the best player from this draft. Of course, that'll probably happen if they pick 4th too but it'll be more about how the Leafs were lucky to fall to 4th to pick Tkachuk and keep him and Marner together to dominate the NHL.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I want Laine, whether it's 1st or 2nd overall that's who I want. Seeing him and McDavid carve up the rest of the NHL would be magical.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I want Laine, whether it's 1st or 2nd overall that's who I want. Seeing him and McDavid carve up the rest of the NHL would be magical.

Its not a for sure that McDavid and Laine have instant chemistry. Sure maybe they do on paper, but thats a long ways on what happens on the NHL ice.

I really dont understand why fans just think its such a sure thing. Everyone thought Nuge would be able to feed pretty passes to Yak a couple years ago, so I guess thats why?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Its not a for sure that McDavid and Laine have instant chemistry. Sure maybe they do on paper, but thats a long ways on what happens on the NHL ice.

I really dont understand why fans just think its such a sure thing. Everyone thought Nuge would be able to feed pretty passes to Yak a couple years ago, so I guess thats why?

Everyone minus a few individuals thought about the same thing with McDavid and Yak and they were right

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

nothing is for sure, especially when drafting very young guys. I will say that maybe Puljujarvi will have a hard time scoring in the NHL

However, I agree that if we're counting on Laine's chemistry with McDavid I think that is a very narrow window of success to gamble on. If we're drafting a player, whoever it is, we have to be comfortable with the idea of them playing anywhere in the lineup. If we're counting on the McDavid-Laine combo it seems like just begging for a Yakupov type situation where a large sect of fans bash coaching constantly for not forcing them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad