Prospect Info: Draft Thread | Oilers Select 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
He's ranked all over the board. I could see him being drafted in the 3rd but more likely the 4th. I think central scouting has him ranked in the 5th.

Definitely sounds like he's improving his prospects.

Would you take him in the 3rd?

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Internet age. I remember him being really hyped (he was rivalling Crosby from day 1 almost). Every prospect gets insane hype due to twitter, internet etc. Back in 2004 getting info from Russian Superleague was impossible

At 1:15 you have Milbury (?) start talking about trading the pick for more lesser assets

The Rest of the top 10 and 1st round which they could have traded down for? Wheeler at 5, Zajac at 20, Schnieder at 26. Rest are meh or busts. OV went on to be one of best goal scorers of all time

This should apply to Laine here too. Never trade down, ever

Burke
He even says truculence and belligerence, haha

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
No surprise but glad to hear it!

For anyone watching it, how does Puljujarvi look?

Not bad. Pretty quiet.

He looks really big out there compared to his peers, solid right shot. He's made some nice passes, I'm following him pretty closely whenever he's out there obviously.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
One frustrating thing with Chychrun is he makes way too many high risk plays.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not bad. Pretty quiet.

He looks really big out there compared to his peers, solid right shot. He's made some nice passes, I'm following him pretty closely whenever he's out there obviously.

I'm honestly not that sold on this kid. If we can get a good return on the no.3/4/5 pick I think we ought to strongly consider it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Only if a top pairing D coming back.

There's lots of RFA d-men available this summer ... Jones and Trouba in particular. I'd be willing to move the pick if its in the 3-5 range. If its 1/2 you kinda have to take Matthews/Laine I guess.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
There's lots of RFA d-men available this summer ... Jones and Trouba in particular. I'd be willing to move the pick if its in the 3-5 range. If its 1/2 you kinda have to take Matthews/Laine I guess.

They're RFAs though. The UFA D market is pretty weak, we'll have to make a trade for 1 or 2.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Having the best European scout for over 25 years in Hakan Andersson helped as well.

His rep is a bit overrated. He had nothing to do with the drafting Fedorov and the other russian players(already famous players who were drafted low due to political uncertainty of the era, Lidstrom was drafted before he got there), and picks like Datsyuk/Zetterburg were very much on the side of luck in an era when scouting coverage by NHL teams was no where near what it is today.

David Conte has a similar larger than life aura about his draft success from the era, when they were about average to above average during that time.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Not bad. Pretty quiet.

I think he's kind of struggling because he's more of a playmaker and he's so far above the rest of the Finns. He's still looked very good to me, wouldn't hesitate at all to take him at #3.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
They're RFAs though. The UFA D market is pretty weak, we'll have to make a trade for 1 or 2.

We've got the pieces to do it, that's for sure.

Wonder if Winnipeg considers something around our pick and Trouba if they decide to move him? My only concerns are I think he's overrated and REALLY wouldn't want to pay him anything approaching 6 or 7.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Better than last years market. Campbell or Demers would be solid adds if we have to go that route.

For sure, I'd be good with either or both. Most teams lock down their D, UFA market will help but we still need a true top pairing guy.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We've got the pieces to do it, that's for sure.

Wonder if Winnipeg considers something around our pick and Trouba if they decide to move him? My only concerns are I think he's overrated and REALLY wouldn't want to pay him anything approaching 6 or 7.

I'm not sold on Trouba either. No way would I want to throw 6/7 million at him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think again Chia will go hard after Seth Jones again, and I think he could be had, they are going to be hard against the cap if the resign him with little center depth.

Trade or offer sheet would be options.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wonder if Evan Fitzpatrick will be available at pick 32. Great goaltender prospect, he's been lights out at the U-18s.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I wonder if Evan Fitzpatrick will be available at pick 32. Great goaltender prospect, he's been lights out at the U-18s.

I'd like to see the Oilers take one of Hart, Fitzpatrick or Sawchenko. I would imagine Hart will be the first goalie taken and could be available at 32.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'd like to see the Oilers take one of Hart, Fitzpatrick or Sawchenko. I would imagine Hart will be the first goalie taken and could be available at 32.

Hart would be nice, I have a feeling he might go late 1st. I'm high on Sawchenko too, he'll probably be available in the 3rd. He's been great in Dub.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think again Chia will go hard after Seth Jones again, and I think he could be had, they are going to be hard against the cap if the resign him with little center depth.

Trade or offer sheet would be options.

I think it's kick the tires on a trade first and then offersheet when they get difficult. Columbus won't want any part of moving Jones after they gave up Johansen to get him.

Owing a 2nd to Boston could throw a monkey wrench into any and all offer sheets though.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Fabbro has been the best Dman at the U18s. I'm really curious where he goes in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad