Prospect Info: Draft Thread | Oilers Select 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

More genuine curiosity. Conversation sake, not saying I would do it just curious.

Fabbro because he's the best RHD in this draft, he's going to be a steal. Sometimes the hive mindset of scouts can cause people overlook guys that should be rated higher than they are.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
More genuine curiosity. Conversation sake, not saying I would do it just curious.

Fabbro because he's the best RHD in this draft, he's going to be a steal. Sometimes the hive mindset of scouts can cause people overlook guys that should be rated higher than they are.

Ya, more meant why take them that high, not why ask. Thought I'd clarify that just in case.

I actually like both guys. I just think far too many really good players ahead of both of them.

Some team will be quite happy with both no doubt, but I think both those teams are outside the top 10.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thats not fair to the organization, fans or player. If you want that player trade down to where he will be selected.

Maybe swap picks along with a D if we land on #5 with a team in the 12-24 range

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I think if it's 4 or below I would rather package the pick. If it's top 3 I want any of the three.

I would say 4th/5th/6th, ect + for a #2-3 dman

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
sorry for the dumb question but, having finished 2nd last, is the worst the oilers can draft, third?

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
sorry for the dumb question but, having finished 2nd last, is the worst the oilers can draft, third?

Worst is 5

because the bottom three is a lottery now. If 3 teams (other than toronto, because they are already lower than us) all win the lottery we will drop to 5

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Worst is 5

because the bottom three is a lottery now. If 3 teams (other than toronto, because they are already lower than us) all win the lottery we will drop to 5

Yup and if you've played the draft lottery simulator it looks like the most likely spot we draft in is #4 followed by 5 but we have a fair chance of anywhere from 1-5.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
So.... should we have a GDT for the lottery or what?

I mean I for one am hoping we get #2 or 3... I would feel... less shame.

But on the off chance we win again, it might be nice to have a troll-worthy thread made by one of you artsy types... some clips from gambling flicks, or some epic poker beat downs... etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad