GDT: Draft thread Day 2 - 11AM

Sammy Kat

Jun 14, 2021
This is a very complicated way of saying that 13/20 were 5'10 - 6'2
Not really as there were 3 factors involved,height/weight/Canadian.

So it breaks down more to 4/20 were over 6 feet and also only 4 were over 180 and only 1 over 6 foot and over 180.

I knew Dubas always said size did not matter but I did not think it was this drastic.

Glad he is gone.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Congrats to Flames for being the pettiest team in the league

Tre u only get to sit after our selection

lmao

whoever made that decision is the biggest moron

Reactions: OddyOh

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Not really as there were 3 factors involved,height/weight/Canadian.

So it breaks down more to 4/20 were over 6 feet and also only 4 were over 180 and only 1 over 6 foot and over 180.

I knew Dubas always said size did not matter but I did not think it was this drastic.

Glad he is gone.
Former Panthers scout and now Fan590 expert, Bukala (sp) on the Fan590 this morning was saying Wes Clark valued those types of players.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Now we are rumors to be after Reeves or Woord in free agency LOL. Exactly what I knew would happen. Our idiot GM is going to overpay a bunch of replacement level players and f*** us even harder.

See my tag line. JOKE.

• Haha
Reactions: All Mod Cons

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Now we are rumors to be after Reeves or Woord in free agency LOL. Exactly what I knew would happen. Our idiot GM is going to overpay a bunch of replacement level players and f*** us even harder.

See my tag line. JOKE.
Thanks for directing me to your tag line. I now understand what you were talking about.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Damn good pick up for the Penguins for a 3rd round pick. 2 years left at a 5M cap hit for a 25 goal scorer that just won the cup...

I wonder who's the GM there?

Good players seem cheap right now... I'd start shopping instead of waiting for Free Agency

Reactions: Rob Brown

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Good players seem cheap right now... I'd start shopping instead of waiting for Free Agency

Capped out teams looking to dump good players. Rebuilding teams willing to eat 50% to dump good players. Sounds like the Leafs should get involved.

But no... we need a 3rd pairing LD at a premium price. Can't wait.

Reactions: Rocker13

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Damn good pick up for the Penguins for a 3rd round pick. 2 years left at a 5M cap hit for a 25 goal scorer that just won the cup...

I wonder who's the GM there?

Love that the Penguins are trying to get even older. They may have interest in JT or Gio?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Capped out teams looking to dump good players. Rebuilding teams willing to eat 50% to dump good players. Sounds like the Leafs should get involved.

But no... we need a 3rd pairing LD at a premium price.

I'd be asking about Garland with retention, Duclair is being shopped (think he'd fit nicely with Tavares and can move Willy to 3RW), not sure if there is value in Mantha retained, and Kuznetsov wants out, half of Calgary is leaving.

Start looking into some creative options there.

Love that the Penguins are trying to get even older. They may have interest in JT or Gio?

They will be in a rebuild soon, and a 2 year contract of a 32 year old is not really an issue.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto

What exactly are the Leafs trading to get involved in soms of these deals?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Leafs are focused on the most important negotiations perhaps in Leafs history... Trying to get Holl and Kerfoot re-signed

• Wow
Reactions: HolyCrap

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Go ahead and tell me.

I don't know. You're the one that seems to disagree, you tell me. They have a first round pick, they have other picks in other years. They have prospects that have a variety of value. They have roster players, some are even considered elite, to trade and mix it up.

Are you saying none of that has value? They don't have a 3rd round pick? a 6th round pick?

But the rebuttal will be that they have no value, right? They never do.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
What exactly are the Leafs trading to get involved in soms of these deals?

Smith went for a 3rd, Hayes at 50% went for a 6th, Hall just went for free, Johansen at 50% went for free.

Cap space is valuable it seems.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Congrats to Flames for being the pettiest team in the league

Tre u only get to sit after our selection

lmao

whoever made that decision is the biggest moron
It's fairly common actually. As an example, pretty sure when Rick Dudley left Toronto to go to the Habs, we made him sit out at least a round.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I don't know. You're the one that seems to disagree, you tell me. They have a first round pick, they have other picks in other years. They have prospects that have a variety of value. They have roster players, some are even considered elite, to trade and mix it up.

Are you saying none of that has value?
28th overall this year, 1st next year, so picks they should probably start keeping around.

A 3rd in 2024, 2025.

Nick robertson

A bunch of meh prospects.

No exactly the most desirable list of things.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I usually don't do this, but I have a friend at the draft and Treliving has been talking to Doug Armstrong A LOT apparently. He claims that he lip read "Nylander" from them as their table is right in front of his seats.

So... Nylander to the Blues tonight? Paryako? IDK what makes sense

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Smith went for a 3rd, Hayes at 50% went for a 6th, Hall just went for free, Johansen at 50% went for free.

Cap space is valuable it seems.
I dont see how theres a fit there with any of those players with the Leafs cap wise until they know for sure what Matthews and Nylander are getting

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I usually don't do this, but I have a friend at the draft and Treliving has been talking to Doug Armstrong A LOT apparently. He claims that he lip read "Nylander" from them as their table is right in front of his seats.

So... Nylander to the Blues tonight? Paryako? IDK what makes sense

isn't Paryako basically a cap dump?

Also, aren't Armstrong and Treliving close? Maybe I am thinking of someone else and Armstrong, but maybe they are just talking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad