GDT: Draft thread Day 2 - 11AM

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No but the difference is you can decide in November that Nylander’s ask is too high and trade him.
Marner has a NMC in a few days.
Correct, you won't know Marners ask.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

It goes on to talk about Otto Stenburg. I don't know much about him but the stats look good other then when he played against men in Forlunda.

Sounds like maybe a confidence thing. Anyone know much about him.

He played C but then played more wing later.

It'd be nice to get another solid C in the organization.

Reactions: kevsh

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Unless I'm missing his sarcasm... I mean every other teams management is there. It'd be pretty silly not to show up.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Leafs are in a precarious spot; not a Cup contender, but not awful, with a few assets that could be moved to fill a hole without creating another hole.

Interesting to see what they do.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Figured with the trade they made for ... forget his name now but it was like 4 picks for him lol

Please someone take Murray... c'mon Chicago

Why anyone would want Quick is beyond me. He had a brief resurgence last year, but has looked cooked for the last 5 years otherwise.

I get the market sucks, but if Quick is attracting interest, we should have no issues finding a spot for Murray with 50% retained.

I am also surprised that Chicago wants a goalie. Are they buying out Mrazek? I figured they'd want Soderblom to get a legit chance in net and they do still have Mrazek.

Reactions: Burnie97

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
With Dubas gone for the first time in years I don't have to just check out prospects that are under 6 feet or under 180 lbs or not Canadians.

Treliving loves drafting from CHL, but he doesn't discriminate and drafts them big and small.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
With Dubas gone for the first time in years I don't have to just check out prospects that are under 6 feet or under 180 lbs or not Canadians.
Yes, he HATED big players with skill.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
IMO it's still a Masai Ujiri / Bobby Webster type scenario, I'm sure Sakic's fingerprints are on it
Sure, just worth noting. You also have Avs fans on the trade boards saying 'glad Sakic is our GM', bit sad lol.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Draft Day is the juice of the hockey futures' site. It's like Christmas for draft junkies.

Sadly Kyle Dubas has created a sparse (almost desolate) selection process for quite some time now.

Ultimately he's "cancelled Christmas" on us more than I like to acknowledge.

Ok. That might me my final parting shot at Kyle. MMM...maybe not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad