GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I wonder how much a player or team really sticks to something like “guaranteed” 1PP time for Kovalchuk. If I’m the coach, that’s BS and I play who I play for whatever reasons I decide.
I really doubt that "guaranteed" is language that the team used.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Is Fox staying in school for all 4 years? Two more years. He can go free agent and make his own deal. Too much risk to give up anything significant. The Rangers haven’t drafted many college guys in the 5 years.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Is Fox staying in school for all 4 years? Two more years. He can go free agent and make his own deal. Too much risk to give up anything significant. The Rangers haven’t drafted many college guys in the 5 years.

Well there would need to be a conditional pick of some kind for if he didn't sign bu that would help this team spread out some of the ages of their prospects.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Isn't Jack Drury heading to Harvard? Uncle Chris may have to hit some of those games this year and have some side conversations with Adam Fox...

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yes, but is 10 OA enough for Hayes?

I think the value is about right but it also depends on how the board shakes out. If Montreal takes Kotkaniemi, Chicago takes Hayton, and Vancouver, Ottawa and Detroit all go D, you could walk away at 9 and 10 with two of Zadina, Tkachuk, and Wahlstrom.

Last edited:

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I like Tkachuk, but the only way I draft him is if Wahlstrom, Hughes and Zadina are all gone. Quite frankly, if there is a particular guy the Oilers like at 9, I try to trick Chia into trading up one spot to take him. And take Kravtsov at 10. I am dead set on a winger with our first pick. There is no reason to go D unless Hughes is available.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
IMHO if I am trading Hayes to Calgary I offer Hayes + 48 for Andersson + Bennet + 2019 1st. I want Andersson more than I want Fox. Hayes for Andersson and Bennet would be a good trade I think.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008

I think it would have to be part of a larger deal that had some conditional stuff worked in that if Fox did not sign with the Rangers eventually, some conditional stuff after he refuses to sign with them goes to the Rangers.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Smith is 12th on my list, so I like him better than most.

But that would probably feel like a slight letdown, mainly because there will be guys I have higher up for grabs.

The board would implode.

I agree, but he isn't a bad player. A reach at No. 9, but I like the upside!!

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Fox is someone you could try to snag for the #46 and that's about it. He's someone if kept by Calgary will possibly go free agent route but I can see him signing with NY after this season but there is still risk there.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Fox is someone you could try to snag for the #46 and that's about it. He's someone if kept by Calgary will possibly go free agent route but I can see him signing with NY after this season but there is still risk there.
The good news for trading for him is that there is no risk he won't sign upon the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad