GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I don’t think the Rangers see it the same way.

Quinn is just one member in the room with a vote. He still has to convince the other scouts and management. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but I know what I've seen with Tkachuk.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Quinn is just one member in the room with a vote. He still has to convince the other scouts and management. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but I know what I've seen with Tkachuk.
That's how I feel. He's going to be a good player, but in the top 10 you look for highest ceiling you can. I would even say Tkachuk is a "safe" pick, you kind of have an idea what is floor is.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Right now, I feel that the most likely scenario is that the Rangers get Wahlstrom at 9, Trading up for Tkachuk is possible. Trading up for Zadina is less likely. Kravtsov is the player that is the most likely off the board pick. Aside from Kotkaniemi, the only center I could see the Rangers going after (and not at 9) is Wise, due to their love of the USNTP.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Right now, I feel that the most likely scenario is that the Rangers get Wahlstrom at 9, Trading up for Tkachuk is possible. Trading up for Zadina is less likely. Kravtsov is the player that is the most likely off the board pick. Aside from Kotkaniemi, the only center I could see the Rangers going after (and not at 9) is Wise, due to their love of the USNTP.
I agree. Seems most likely.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

It’s not just Quinn. I also don’t think Veleno is on their radar, especially at 9.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Naa I would take Boqvist, Dobson, Smith and Veleno, maybe even Kravtsov, over him. He's reminiscent of Scott Hartnell and I saw him play live multiple times. Big miss at No. 9, IMO.
You cannot possibly take Smith or Veleno or Kravstov over him. Come one. I would easily take him above any of the players you name. To each his own, I guess.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I have Brady at #6, and i dont think he will be there at #9. I wouldnt be dissapointed but my top 3 remain Zadina, Hughes Wahlstrom in that order.

Some thoughts on Tkachuk...

6) Brady Tkachuk C/LW 6’3 195lbs LHS Boston University H.E – One of the best “Character” guy in the draft. Brady Tkachuk is a hybrid. He’s a physical player, who imposes his will, yet is talented enough to play in the top 6. So when he does play Phyiscal it’s against the oppositions top lines. Why is this important? For the same reason Brad Marchand, Wayne Simmonds, Ryan Getzlaf, Jamie Benn have all had tremendous careers thus far. 3rd and 4th line grinders are a dime a dozen. Guys that can do it all the time, and have the skill to stay in your top 6 are very few and far between and worth their weight in gold. This is why Brady is ranked as high as 3, or 4 when his goal totals for BU paint a different story. He’s an Intimidating player, who will be hated in no time by the rest of the clubs in his division. He can also score some clutch goals. An all-around better version of Tom Wilson. I think Tkachuk is going to give defenseman a really hard time at the NHL level by being an imposing force down low and along the walls. Some places rank him up in the top 5, even as high as 3. I have him ranked #6. I would be happy if he somehow fell to #9 and was selected by the Rangers. Quinn is very familiar with Tkachuk. Had great things to say about Brady.

Potential- Top 6 Power Forward
Player Comparision- A smore skilled version of Tom Wilson

"Better version of Tom Wilson"... That makes me ECSTATIC :)

Reactions: Lion Hound

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
26 plus a 2nd for 15

15 plus a 2nd for 10

10 plus our highest 3rd for 7

Rangers get two of tkachuk zadina and wahlstrom

Gorts has his face retired to the rafters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad