GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia

200.webp

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Spending a day listening to NHL Network Radio, the take I consistently heard was that Tkachuk’s has as high a ceiling as anyone in this draft. Physically he’s got the frame to be a monster. His skill set is being drastically underrated by his critics here.

If he’s the Rangers’ target, I’m good.
We all should be

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
As an aside, isn't Hank, Robin Lehner's idol? Would he consider signing with the Rangers to work with Allaire for a year and get ~20-25 games prior to the deadline with the idea being that he would be dealt after straightening out his game?

Reactions: bernmeister

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm going to be positive about who we take at 9. I'll be happy with any of the players projected to go in that range, even preferences aside. None of these guys are bad picks.

Wahlstrom
Tkachuk
Dobson
Bouchard
Boqvist
Kotkaniemi
Farabee
Smith

These are all good players and will be one of our best prospects. Even if I have a preference for one over another, any one of these picks will be a good pick.

So everyone try and remain calm and positive. Don't overreact if we take Bouchard and you really wanted Boqvist and he was available for instance.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Zadina from what I understand is the type of player who is good both offensively and defensively. I have seen Hossa's name thrown out as the style he plays for Zadina. In saying that, I'd have Zadina over Tkachuk if both were avaialble at 7 and the Rangers traded up. Not to the point that I'd be pissed if they took Tkachuk but my list would be:
Zadina
Tkachuk
Wahlstrom

Mainly because I don't see many pundits or people calling Wahlstrom the type of player who effects the game if he isn't scoring.
I concur

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Wahl razor and edge trimmer, marketing potential for Wahlstrom in New York.

Six hours to go. A flight to the west coast. Three movies. Almost. There.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
No you don't and I'm not explaining myself again about it...

@GeorgeKaplan @GregSirico A little help here, lolol
Late to this and haven’t read the last 3 pages, but the idea of taking a guy who’s going to take a while to refine just what his game is and is most likely going to be an anchor by age 28-29-30 with #9 doesn’t sit all that well with me with what else would be available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad