GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Okay, but, I’m going by by what I heard yesterday. Many observers that I heard have heard m going after 3.
I get it. Just stating my view. Zadina will make any team better.

I am not putting any faith into someone like him or Tkachuk falling to 9. Thinking Wahlstrom. But also think that Farabee is a possibility.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Not that this is the be all end all or anything, but looking at the quotes from the Hockey Prospect Draft Guide, NHL scouts are unanimously "meh" on Veleno while they gush over Tkachuk.

So did everyone I listened to yesterday.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I get it. Just stating my view. Zadina will make any team better.
I just wonder if tkachuk is the kinda guy who can impact a game if he's not scoring...and if zadina iss a guy who can't.

Then how much is their scoring difference gonna be?

If zadina is a 30 40 guy but tkachuk is a 20 40 guy...I'd take tkachuk and everything else he brings instead of those 10 goals

Reactions: TheTakedown

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Most likely:

Rangers end up not trading up
Take at least 1 guy in the first round that pisses everyone off here and leaves people saying "but this other guy was available!"
5 minutes later a few people will say "I actually really like this guy he's kind of under the radar but has a lot of potential"
15 minutes later people will be saying "so and so is probably the next Chytil!"

At the end of the day people will be mad that Gorton didn't magically pull off a bunch of trades to get 3 draft picks in the top 15 of the draft and draft all the names that they wanted

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Zadina from what I understand is the type of player who is good both offensively and defensively. I have seen Hossa's name thrown out as the style he plays for Zadina. In saying that, I'd have Zadina over Tkachuk if both were avaialble at 7 and the Rangers traded up. Not to the point that I'd be pissed if they took Tkachuk but my list would be:
Zadina
Tkachuk
Wahlstrom

Mainly because I don't see many pundits or people calling Wahlstrom the type of player who effects the game if he isn't scoring.

Reactions: jas

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I just wonder if tkachuk is the kinda guy who can impact a game if he's not scoring...and if zadina iss a guy who can't.

Then how much is their scoring difference gonna be?

If zadina is a 30 40 guy but tkachuk is a 20 40 guy...I'd take tkachuk and everything else he brings instead of those 10 goals
This is also pretty ignorant of the type of player Zadina is too. I like Tkachuk, but Zadina is an entire notch above him as a prospect

Reactions: CaptBagel

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
How kind of the Flames to make one of their worst defenseman available

That said I’m sure Chiarelli is crapping himself right now and gonna throw Puljujarvi to Calgary for him

Reactions: TheTakedown

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
How kind of the Flames to make one of their worst defenseman available

That said I’m sure Chiarelli is crapping himself right now and gonna throw Puljujarvi to Calgary for him

So, theoretically, assuming Hamonic doesn't have as much value as Hamilton due to his down year, would anyone trade Hayes for Hamonic + Fox and then deal Hamonic to EDM for their 10th?

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Are there 100 notches or 10 in total? So 10% above, or 1%?
You alluded to some of the stuff in your other post, but there’s been this weird aura around Zadina lately. He’s easily the most skilled forward in this draft besides Svechnikov from a complete game perspective. He’s a dynamic goal scorer with speed and amazing hands that also has strong impacts in the defensive zone.

He doesn’t have the physical element that Tkachuk has, and I’d argue that Brady is a better playmaker and passer. I don’t have a specific scale to grade these guys on to answer your question, but I’ve consistently had Zadina at 3 and Brady in the 5-7 range when I’ve ranked these guys. I lean more heavily towards the goal-scoring upside of Zadina.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You alluded to some of the stuff in your other post, but there’s been this weird aura around Zadina lately. He’s easily the most skilled forward in this draft besides Svechnikov from a complete game perspective. He’s a dynamic goal scorer with speed and amazing hands that also has strong impacts in the defensive zone.

He doesn’t have the physical element that Tkachuk has, and I’d argue that Brady is a better playmaker and passer. I don’t have a specific scale to grade these guys on to answer your question, but I’ve consistently had Zadina at 3 and Brady in the 5-7 range when I’ve ranked these guys. I lean more heavily towards the goal-scoring upside of Zadina.

That's totally fair, I was mainly being facetious :naughty:

I wouldn't be upset with either of them though

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad