GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
So I don’t have any bold proclamations to report, but some interesting nuggets.

Definitely got the impression that Tkachuk, Zadina and Wahlstrom are 3-4-5.

Cost to move from 9 to 7 might be 28.

Some concerns with Boqvist’s decision making process.

Montreal reached out to Dallas about Seguin.

Calgary has made multiple calls about Hayes, who is generating interest from at least 5 teams.

Edmonton and Calgary at least chatted about Hamilton.

Think Rangers would be happy with a second for Spooner.
Mm.

Don't like that order. Would prefer Z, W, T.

Too much. Stick at 9 if that's the case.

Fair enough. Combine that with injury worries, his own assessment that he's three years away... I can see why he's falling.

Makes sense that they would. Not sure that there's a deal to be made there, however.

If he's getting that kind of interest, you need to strike. Get a bidding war going and get then move him for the best offer.

Don't see it happening.

Do see it happening – likely for 2019, though.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Slightly annoyed that it seems we value Tkachuk over Zadina (not that it seems likely we're going to have the opportunity to choose between the two anyway) but not enough to let it ruin my Christmas.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
With the fact that 5 teams are in on Hayes, that would make it seem like the Rangers are actively making him available. It's not just one team calling

Would love a similar haul to what we got for Stepan.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Ranger-killer. Makes sense.

They should keep that 4th for this year. They'd have the 4th, 11th, 12th, and 22nd. That's how you kickstart a rebuild.

Ottawa doesn't have time on their side for this one. They need to at least show the fans that they are trying to rebuild. They can trade Karlsson and Ryan for 2019 picks

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Mm.

Don't like that order. Would prefer Z, W, T.

Too much. Stick at 9 if that's the case.

Fair enough. Combine that with injury worries, his own assessment that he's three years away... I can see why he's falling.

Makes sense that they would. Not sure that there's a deal to be made there, however.

If he's getting that kind of interest, you need to strike. Get a bidding war going and get then move him for the best offer.

Don't see it happening.

Do see it happening – likely for 2019, though.

I also would prefer an order of Zadina, Wahlstrom, Tkachuk. What is with this desire for safe players? We need goal scorers. 30-40 goal scorers.

I actually probably would give up 28 if it netted me Zadina.

Reactions: Off Sides

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
28th is steep to move from 9 to 7. I'd offer our 3rd rounder first. I'd go as high as our 2nd to get it done if it means getting Tkachuk or Wahlstrom, but I wouldn't trade a 1st.

Reactions: RGY

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Dalhin
Svech
Tkachuk
Zadina
Wahlstrom

Any one of those guys are VERY good, and I would gladly pay the 28th to be able to grab one

No, it better be WAY more than what Stepan brought.

Hayes is younger and still has RFA control

You wouldn't take a top 10 pick in this draft and an early-20s former first rounder who still maintains all his development potential?

I think I would. Especially pending who is on the board.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I also would prefer an order of Zadina, Wahlstrom, Tkachuk. What is with this desire for safe players? We need goal scorers. 30-40 goal scorers.

I actually probably would give up 28 if it netted me Zadina.

I suspect they don't see him as a safe player, they see his boom upside as extremely valuable. If Tkachuck could put up 60-70 points and be a complete nasty POS to play against while throwing the body, setting up teammates, and doing it all over the ice? That could be arguably more valuable than another guy scoring 30 but generally being a non factor without the puck on his stick

Reactions: TheTakedown

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I think Tkachuk projects more as a 50-60 pointer, though, not a 70 pointer. Big difference.

But maybe they see him as more.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
So I don’t have any bold proclamations to report, but some interesting nuggets.

Definitely got the impression that Tkachuk, Zadina and Wahlstrom are 3-4-5.

Cost to move from 9 to 7 might be 28.

Some concerns with Boqvist’s decision making process.

Montreal reached out to Dallas about Seguin.

Calgary has made multiple calls about Hayes, who is generating interest from at least 5 teams.

Edmonton and Calgary at least chatted about Hamilton.

Think Rangers would be happy with a second for Spooner.

Is this assuming Hughes is long gone by the 9th or 7th pick?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Thank you, sir. Any idea what Calgary is offering for Hayes? Anything on the other teams?

Unfortunately, I don’t know where the conversations went.

I don’t know the other teams for sure. I think the usual suspects would be good guesses - Carolina, Montreal.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think Tkachuk projects more as a 50-60 pointer, though, not a 70 pointer. Big difference.

But maybe they see him as more.

Yah I'm just saying, they may see that his top tier upside is greater than other players like Wahlstrom

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pronman is now claiming he's hearing Hughes to Ottawa, and that Arizona has interest in Hayton, although he thinks they'd take Zadina instead. He's also mentioned that Chicago has strong interest in Hayton.

Someone posted it the other day, but there was a quote from some scout or executive whose team is picking 6-10 who basically said they hope someone earlier than them makes a terrible pick, so better players drop. Lets hope one of those teams picks Hayton because it means its more likely that players will drop to us that otherwise wouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad