GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Pronman is now claiming he's hearing Hughes to Ottawa, and that Arizona has interest in Hayton, although he thinks they'd take Zadina instead. He's also mentioned that Chicago has strong interest in Hayton.

Someone posted it the other day, but there was a quote from some scout or executive whose team is picking 6-10 who basically said they hope someone earlier than them makes a terrible pick, so better players drop. Lets hope one of those teams picks Hayton because it means its more likely that players will drop to us that otherwise wouldn't have.

If AZ is interested in Hayton, they could be a prime trade up spot.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Who knows Brady Tkachuk more than Quinn? He's got the best available scouting report. If that's who they want to draft, I support it. I just hope that we draft a forward. Give me any of Tkachuk, Zadina, or Wahlstrom. There are still plenty of D in this draft with one of the later picks. Go for upside with the rest of the draft.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Pronman is now claiming he's hearing Hughes to Ottawa, and that Arizona has interest in Hayton, although he thinks they'd take Zadina instead. He's also mentioned that Chicago has strong interest in Hayton.

Someone posted it the other day, but there was a quote from some scout or executive whose team is picking 6-10 who basically said they hope someone earlier than them makes a terrible pick, so better players drop. Lets hope one of those teams picks Hayton because it means its more likely that players will drop to us that otherwise wouldn't have.
Is it just me that pity the prospect that will be selected by Ottawa? I know he will be paid and blablabla, but that place is such a mess without a light in the end of the tunnel that I can't help myself.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I wonder what it would take pick wise to get 10...both late first and all 3 2nds...is that enough? Too much?

It is too much, but I would still do it! The chances of tkachuk and wahlstrom both being available AND making an impact on the team? Much higher than some of those lower picks.

Reactions: Inferno

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Then I would entertain Hayes and even Skjei for the 10th pick.
As in you would entertain Hayes and Skjei for the 10th pick or that you would entertain either for the 10th?

I certainly would not, especially not Skjei. I would be monumentally pissed if we traded Skjei in a straight trade for the 10th overall.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
My board....

Not in Play
Dahlin
Svetchnikov

Highly Desirable/Would Trade a Good Haul For

Zadina

Would Make Small Trade Up For
Wahlstrom

Would Sit Back and Take and Be Happy if None of the Above Were Available
Kotkaniemi
Tkachuk
Hughes

Would Feel Like I Par'd the Course/Satisfied But Not Thrilled

Bouchard
Dobson
Boqvist

Would be disappointed/scratching my head/hoping the team knows better than me
Anyone else
Right there with you on this.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
As in you would entertain Hayes and Skjei for the 10th pick or that you would entertain either for the 10th?

I certainly would not, especially not Skjei. I would be monumentally pissed if we traded Skjei in a straight trade for the 10th overall.
I do wonder what skjei is looking for contract wise...does he want 4? 5? 6? 7?

Hmm....

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Then I would entertain Hayes and even Skjei for the 10th pick.
You can't trade either of them for the just 10th overall pick. If Hayes is traded, he better bring a haul of more than just a first round pick. Frankly, neither should be traded unless there is some sort of "How can I possibly say no to this?" type of deal offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad