GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
As in you would entertain Hayes and Skjei for the 10th pick or that you would entertain either for the 10th?

I certainly would not, especially not Skjei. I would be monumentally pissed if we traded Skjei in a straight trade for the 10th overall.
One of them, Skjei I would ask for 10th plus.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Tkachuk, Zadina and Wahlstrom being their 3/4/5 isn't that crazy. If you don't believe any of the D outside of Dahlin are first pairing guys, then that's the clear group to round out the top 5, IMO.

That plays pretty well into those sound bytes from that behind the scenes clip the Rangers Instagram posted yesterday. "They're all top line guys" or whatever it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: jas

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Any masochist watching the NHL Network right now? This 2003 Draft is like water torture. One good player after another, but we drafted...I can't even say it. Too much Draft PTSD

Reactions: Inferno

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
You can't trade either of them for the just 10th overall pick. If Hayes is traded, he better bring a haul of more than just a first round pick. Frankly, neither should be traded unless there is some sort of "How can I possibly say no to this?" type of deal offered.
Hayes is more valuable than the 10th pick, but you would draft Tkachuk and Zadina, that is basically, at least, 2 top 6 players for the future. I would overpay for the 10th pick in this particularly case.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Hayes is more valuable than the 10th pick, but you would draft Tkachuk and Zadina, that is basically, at least, 2 top 6 players for the future. I would overpay for the 10th pick in this particularly case.

Nope. The deal would have to replicate close to what the Rangers got for Stepan or what the Islanders received for Hamonic. One pick, even for a player like Wahlstrom who we all like, is not close to enough value for a proven top-6 forward or top-4 defenseman who is still young and has an ability to keep under contract long term.

I know we all get excited over draft picks because the draft is right now but this wouldn't be a good deal.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018

Me if this happens:

seth-rollins-gif-2.gif

Reactions: Irishguy42

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Nope. The deal would have to replicate close to what the Rangers got for Stepan or what the Islanders received for Hamonic. One pick, even for a player like Wahlstrom who we all like, is not close to enough value for a proven top-6 forward or top-4 defenseman who is still young and has an ability to keep under contract long term.

I know we all get excited over draft picks because the draft is right now but this wouldn't be a good deal.
In this case it would be for a specific prospect but I get what you're saying.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I was a little surprised to.

But remember, I can't tell you it's 100 percent accurate. Obviously, the people with first-hand knowledge are in a conference room in Dallas making final preparations.
Yeah, true. Anyway, really appreciate your takes and rumors. Thanks, Edge!

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Just to put it on record for the future, I made a rough top 15 for myself (spaced for tiers)

1 Dahlin

2 Svechnikov

3 Zadina
4 Hughes
5 Boqvist

6 Dobson
7 Kotkaniemi
8 Wahlstrom
9 Kravtsov

10 Smith
11 Bouchard
12 Bokk