GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I believe @Edge and if he says the Rangers are higher on Tkachuk than Wahlstrom and would move up for him and not the other is worrisome.

I don’t doubt that for a second and it’s not strange either.

Truth to be told, I would be very surprised if we moved up from 9. It could be worth it, but it’s going to cost a lot and I just think everyone available from like 4-15 roughly carry about the same risk as well as the same potential. We are getting a good player at 9.

What we really should target is Florida’s 15 overall pick. They are interested in getting more picks. 26th plus a 2nd to get to 15. A heck of a player will be available at 15 too.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not surprised about Miller, surprised about Addison.

Questions about the defense and the decision making from some. Better attitude than Merkley, not as naturally gifted. Somewhat similar defensive concerns — from some.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Absolutely none taken.

I think people should be skeptical and ask questions.

Hopefully my track record over the years has proven pretty reliable, especially when dealing with information that is often unreliable and subject to change direction as freely as the wind.

I try to drop nuggets of info on here, sometimes a little more bluntly than other times. I think we’ve seen a few things in the last couple of months that either appeared later on in the news, or were pretty damn close to accurate.

But I completely understand. People have been questioning things since 1997 and I promise you it doesn’t offend me, so long as it’s civil. All I can do is try to keep posting information that is of interest and grounded in reliability, if not predictability.

I’m also doing my best to answer questions on here and in private messages, while I am walking in the city. So if my responses are abrupt, it’s nothing personal.
Now re-do the answer, but pretend you have the emotional fortitude of Dagoon.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Stage three of the rebuild begins tonight.

Stage 1- 2017 NHL draft- Andersson, DeAngelo, Chytil
Stage 2- TDL- Hajek, Howden, Lindgren, Rykov
Stage 3- 2018 NHL draft

The latest 'critical juncture' as social scientists say. Looking forward to how our prospect cupboard looks after this is all over. Hopefully there should be some good names to get excited about for day 2 as well.

Elias Kivi

Jun 22, 2018
I’m pretty sure that Habs are not gonna take Kotkaniemi at 3. They probably trade their pick for higher number between 5-10 if they take him. They can’t take that kind of risk in their situation right now.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I’m pretty sure that Habs are not gonna take Kotkaniemi at 3. They probably trade their pick for higher number between 5-10 if they take him. They can’t take that kind of risk in their situation right now.
Easier sad than done to move back at a fair price that high.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Brooks mentions teams all over are looking for a RHD, and he is probably right, good ones are hard to find.

Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard are RHD

I'm hoping the Rangers are at least a little bit thinking about what the league is always in need of.

In my view, Scoring and D, especially RHD are up there near the top of every teams wants pretty much every season.

Reactions: Berserk

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I don’t doubt that for a second and it’s not strange either.

Truth to be told, I would be very surprised if we moved up from 9. It could be worth it, but it’s going to cost a lot and I just think everyone available from like 4-15 roughly carry about the same risk as well as the same potential. We are getting a good player at 9.

What we really should target is Florida’s 15 overall pick. They are interested in getting more picks. 26th plus a 2nd to get to 15. A heck of a player will be available at 15 too.
I don't think a 3rd or even mid 2nd is "over payment" to move up 2 slots to get an impact player. I'm not for throwing late firsts upon firsts, but this is also the beauty of having so many picks, you have the luxury to get a player you really covet.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
some hot takes while were waiting

agreed, noah DOBSON is better than most here believe. he's perhaps the most complete (whatever that means) dman after dahlin. better than hughes- defensive holes, better than boqvist- questions and stuff, and better than bouchard- not by much tho. he's gonna go in the top 6.

still believe ZADINA is the guy we covet. he's enormously talented and equal parts sniper and creator. he plays all 3 zones too. he's a stud. he may drop a few so not surprised if we make a play up for him.

WAHLSTROM is the next guy on the list. if zadina is gone, and wahlstrom is there, he's the clear choice over all the others.

once we get into those 2nds and 3rd, we should go strictly euro skill. all these guys playing in pro leagues in europe would dominate in major juniors. dont kid yourself, tons of legit talent in that 30-75 range. tons. so many gems here, russian, swede and czech forwards aplenty.

after 1 and 2, this is wide open. depending on other moves up and down and need, plus trades, theres no certainly to anything but i do believe we will get a great prospect at 9 if we dont move up for a falling zadina.

lastly, while some here think were gonna go crazy on
USDP kids, i think this is going to be a heavy euro draft for the NYR.

Reactions: belford222

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Absolutely none taken.

I think people should be skeptical and ask questions.

Hopefully my track record over the years has proven pretty reliable, especially when dealing with information that is often unreliable and subject to change direction as freely as the wind.

I try to drop nuggets of info on here, sometimes a little more bluntly than other times. I think we’ve seen a few things in the last couple of months that either appeared later on in the news, or were pretty damn close to accurate.

But I completely understand. People have been questioning things since 1997 and I promise you it doesn’t offend me, so long as it’s civil. All I can do is try to keep posting information that is of interest and grounded in reliability, if not predictability.

I’m also doing my best to answer questions on here and in private messages, while I am walking in the city. So if my responses are abrupt, it’s nothing personal.

I appreciate the info given. it wasn't a criticism of you, although I guess you had the most recent info, so some took it that way. Whether its you, the other vetted people here, the "reporters" on twitter who throw things at the wall and are right 20% of the time, I don't consider it to be reliable. The only exception is the guy who comes around every now and then here who has been first and correct like 3-4 times in a row about Rangers news. I think he broke the Kreider news, McDonagh news, and one or two other stories.

I'm not actually convinced we are going to make any moves between now and the draft. Seems like more of a situation where we'll start the draft with three picks, and maybe move up or down during the draft, if we even do that. This is based on no info, but I would be very surprised if we trade or acquire any roster players between now and the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: GregSirico

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I can’t believe people here aren’t higher on Noah Dobson. I would be over the moon to draft a player of his caliber.
I would love to nab him. And plenty like him. I wouldn't take him ahead of a Zadina or Tkuchuk. And probably not ahead of Hughes or Whalstrom. But would absolutely take him ahead of the rest of the filed.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The anxiety. 5 more hours.

You know, it’s the most crucial draft I’ve ever had to witness in my entire fandom of this team.. I have to go to work now and I’ll get my mind off of it a bit.... I do have faith in our current management and I think that we’ve the ammo and we can really do some f***ing magical things today, more than I’ve ever seen..

And no matter what, thank you guys for all of your insight(s) leading up to this D-day of days and let’s hope no blunders or panic moves happen... From our side at least ..

Ugh, let’s just f***in’ do this, man.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't think a 3rd or even mid 2nd is "over payment" to move up 2 slots to get an impact player. I'm not for throwing late firsts upon firsts, but this is also the beauty of having so many picks, you have the luxury to get a player you really covet.

But which impact player is available at 7th and not 9th? Many years there can be really steep decline after like 4-5 or 2-6 is fairly even or whatever. This year I think you got 1 that is special, then the 2-3 with really good players in Svech and Zadina, but I really think you can make a good argument between all other guys in the top 15 after that.

But sure, if you think that you are not getting an impact player at 9 but one is available at 7 trade whatever to move up. But who can sit there and say that Wahlstrom will be impact but not Boqvist/Kravtsov/Farabee/KAndre Miller?

Reactions: Off Sides

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
No offense to Edge, but I don't really believe any rumors, unless it comes from one of those two.

Even Dreger is unbelievably questionable on his rumors. He had us getting a first round pick+ for Talbot. He was talking as if there was a bidding war, and then there was nothing.
You assuming just because the return was less than a 1st that Dreger is wrong. I love how people question guys like Dreger ( who have an established track record and proven connections) but will post a rumor from any yoyo on twitter with 100+ followers because it lends credibility to their own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad