GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I’m pretty sure that Habs are not gonna take Kotkaniemi at 3. They probably trade their pick for higher number between 5-10 if they take him. They can’t take that kind of risk in their situation right now.

I am not so sure. To be honest, I think too big of a deal have been made about Kotkaniemi being picked high because he is a center.

Why should Kotkaniemi not be picked over other guys in that range? I think arguments can be made both ways. I’ve liked Kotkaniemi a long time and had him top 10 long before anyone had him top 15. The kid is just very good, complete, solid across the board. Boqvist/Wahlstrom is more elite in some areas, but look at guys like Barzal and Keller and co — doing well is about playing good hockey. Kotkaniemi is a really good player.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Can you rehash either here or in a pm what you have posted? I've been in meetings all day and I have another one starting in 7 minutes.

Is anyone able to do this for GM?

I'm on my phone in the city.

In a nutshell:

I think Tkachuk and Wahlstrom are sitting at 3 and 4 on the Rangers list. I think they'd trade up for both, but are slightly more inclined to do so for Tkachuk.

They like Kaut.

Miller is drawing lots of looks around the league. Athleticism is very popular, as is the strong finish.

Addison is mixed. Concerns about defense.

Dallas and Montreal have at least talked about Seguin.

Calgary and Edmonton have talked about Hamilton.

Hayes with calls from at least 5 teams, multiple calls from Calgary.

Concerns about the defense and decision making of Boqvist.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
You could be right for sure. But it’s tricky calls to make...
I'd feel more than comfortable adding a pick to make sure I have the pick of a player I view highly at 7 but that's just me. That's also the benefit of having so many assets, you have the luxury of moving up for your guy and still have plenty of picks.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
He looks like a bozo
Also QMJHL is very high scoring and I don't think he translate to the NHL, and if that goalscoring doesn't carry over there's not much else he brings.
I disagree, he was the best player for the Czechs at the WJC and he’s already a pretty good 2 way forward and also a good passer, outside of Svechnikov he’s the highest ceiling and most complete forward in the draft

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Can you rehash either here or in a pm what you have posted? I've been in meetings all day and I have another one starting in 7 minutes.
Rangers want tkachuk zadina or wahlstrom...are willing to trade up to get tkachuk if he drops

Hayes has interest out there...err...other stuff but my kid is whacking me with a book so I gotta run

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Is anyone able to do this for GM?

I'm on my phone in the city.

In a nutshell:

I think Tkachuk and Wahlstrom are sitting at 3 and 4 on the Rangers list. I think they'd trade up for both, but are slightly more inclined to do so for Tkachuk.

They like Kaut.

Miller is drawing lots of looks around the league. Athleticism is very popular, as is the strong finish.

Addison is mixed. Concerns about defense.

Dallas and Montreal have at least talked about Seguin.

Calgary and Edmonton have talked about Hamilton.

Hayes with calls from at least 5 teams, multiple calls from Calgary.

Concerns about the defense and decision making of Boqvist.

Awesome. Thank you Edge as well as @NYR Viper @Thirty One

So if Tkachuk is three, I assume that means Dahlin and Svechnikov are 1 and 2 on their draft board.

Reactions: TheTakedown

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Rarely post and so feel fairly free to make a fool of myself here, so... while Carolina seems to have found it sensible to declare they are open to offers for the #2, no one here (or elsewhere) seems to feel their price would be ANYWHERE within the realm of reasonability. But I've got to say... I would give up a LOT to get Svechnikov. In my own mind, a LOT could consist of any two of Hayes/Zuccarello/Spooner/Namestikov, plus one of our recently obtained quality defense prospects, plus the #9 and #26.

I'm hoping I draw Edge here or someone else fairly mellow but I'm resigned to taking what comes...

That's a bit rich for my blood but I totally agree I would do what many people here would call "overpay" to get up for Svetchnikov.

I'd do Hayes and 9 for sure, and then see what else they want.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Can you guys please add position players are when you mention the names of these draftees?? I have no idea and have to keep going to hockeydb. Is Wahlstrom a center or wing? I could swear I saw him listed as a C.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Yes, I believe it to be Dahlin, Svechnikov (who they also LOVE, but who doesn't?), Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, Zadina/Hughes.

Strangely enough, I feel like I don't have a clue who might be 7th for them.
Kind of surprised that they don't have Dobson/Bouchard higher considering how long they have been wanting to trade for a top RD.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Can you guys please add position players are when you mention the names of these draftees?? I have no idea and have to keep going to hockeydb. Is Wahlstrom a center or wing? I could swear I saw him listed as a C.

Just a few of the higher rated guys

Wahlstrom - wing
Tkachuk - wing
Svechnikov - wing
Farabee - wing
Zadina - wing
Kravtsv - W

Dobson - D
Bouchard - D
Boqvist - D
Hughes - D
Smith - D